Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video

Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video

Saturday, April 3rd, 2021 3:44pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 20,853

Greetings Seibertronians! Hasbro have taken to their official YouTube channel to celebrate the arrival of HasLab Unicron in the homes of many of their fans with an video showing how to transform the Chaos Bringer!

The video will take you through the Transformation in its 15 minutes runtime.

It was boasted that HasLab Unicron would take an hour to transform at first, due to his enormous size and the plates that made up his planet mode surface.

Want to see more of the biggest Transformer ever made, be sure to check out Seibertrons own galleries, so big it had to be split in two!

Have you got your chaos bringer? Share with us his new out of box home!

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Hasbro YouTube

Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100307)
Posted by thefunkybat on April 3rd, 2021 @ 4:17pm CDT
For anyone that already has their bot: once attached, are the spike strips removable? I'm thinking that the bot mode might look a bit cleaner with the strips removed and the planet mode pinchers tucked in downward.
If anyone would post a picture of how that would look, that would be very cool.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100379)
Posted by Sarahthecutevixen on April 4th, 2021 @ 11:13am CDT
Left removed. Right normal. You tell me which looks better
20210404_111124.jpg
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100380)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 4th, 2021 @ 11:16am CDT
Sarahthecutevixen wrote:Left removed. Right normal. You tell me which looks better
20210404_111124.jpg
I'm leaning towards right normal.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100381)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 4th, 2021 @ 11:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
20210404_111124.jpg
I'm leaning towards right normal.

I'm more for the left removed, with the robot mode looking cleaner. That said, when I first watched a Japanese review including the 30 min. long transformation (he was *really* careful and showing off connection points), I was aghast of how the entire shell is just collapsed on his back and legs. What really got me though, was the soft rubber spike strips just... hanging loose. I got over the first, much less the second.

I was reminded of peeling mandarins, really :lol:

:EDIT: Just an addition I'd like to make: whoever designed the rings and their transformation has to be a mathematician, specialising in circular geometry. He deserves an award!
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100401)
Posted by thefunkybat on April 4th, 2021 @ 1:58pm CDT
20210404_111124.jpg

I think I'm liking the removed spikes, but maybe not the horns pointed down (I thought they would tuck in more).

I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep mine. Bought it when I was employed and had (presumably) steady funds; now I'm unemployed and money is tight.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100453)
Posted by GrangerPerry on April 4th, 2021 @ 10:29pm CDT
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2100455)
Posted by Emerje on April 4th, 2021 @ 11:03pm CDT
GrangerPerry wrote:I have a question that relates to this thread, kind of. I bought Unicron and he was just delivered but does anyone know who toyhax is? Idk how to contact them directly, I’m praying for the day they release a sticker set for this guy. I’ve been applying the g1 fort max upgrade set for weeks in preparation and I’m just floored with the quality they’re so good just make some for Unicron ples

They have a contact page for stuff like that.

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101617)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2021 @ 9:52am CDT
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101664)
Posted by o.supreme on April 13th, 2021 @ 3:02pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Anybody else have their Unicron set up with any of his heralds/minions standing with him? I've got mine set up with all three Blentrons standing at his feet (yes, even a legit Latolata, not Injector).

That sounds pretty cool. I always liked those characters in BW Neo...

Hmm... I'm sensing a pattern...

Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge
Elphaorpha, Latolata, Drancron
Hook, Line, Sinker (sorry can't say that last one without laughing) :lol:
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101665)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 13th, 2021 @ 3:05pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:

That sounds pretty cool. I always liked those characters in BW Neo...

Hmm... I'm sensing a pattern...

Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge
Elphaorpha, Latolata, Drancron
Hook, Line, Sinker (sorry can't say that last one without laughing) :lol:

Shame Armada broke the pattern :lol:
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101666)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 13th, 2021 @ 3:09pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Hmm... I'm sensing a pattern...

Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge
Elphaorpha, Latolata, Drancron
Hook, Line, Sinker (sorry can't say that last one without laughing) :lol:
Then Armada broke it with first just Sideways and then just him and Thrust (who had to be convinced to side with Unicron rather than always being his minion).
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101667)
Posted by Emerje on April 13th, 2021 @ 3:28pm CDT
I'm thinking of doing that with some of my extra ones, but for the most part I'm going to be sticking my Unicrons together. So far I've got Armada, Encore, TT 2010, and just paid too much for an Energon Unicron. :lol: Plus a bunch of the smaller Unicrons I have kicking around. They're all going on top of a short and wide book shelf that should be plenty deep for the the big guy. It's going to be a process since I'm redoing the entire room and most stuff is in boxes and a lot of stuff has bled into the hall and living room but it'll look great when it's done!

Emerje
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101849)
Posted by Counterpunch on April 15th, 2021 @ 10:04am CDT

On that note...one interesting thing that happened was that the box for Unicron was like, half an inch too wide to fit through my attic door.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101850)
Posted by First-Aid on April 15th, 2021 @ 10:09am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:It's a little crazy to me how this is the most important TF release in a long while and even it falls into the trap of once we get it, we stop talking about it.

Aw man, THAT sucks.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101851)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 15th, 2021 @ 10:11am CDT
Hope your attic is climate controlled or that cardboard may go bad over time.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101981)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 16th, 2021 @ 1:58pm CDT

Grey maw or no grey maw in person he is a sight to behold! I haven't finished assembling him yet, just gonna enjoy him in planet mode for a bit.

For Armada ... wouldn't it be Thrust, Sideways, and Nemesis Prime? It's not quite the same as the other unholy trios, but it's still three, right?

Universe really broke the pattern, though. I didn't get all of them, but I got Razorclaw, Nemesis, and Thrust ... but they made a lot of the BW recolors Unicron minions, so there was a ton.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2101982)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 16th, 2021 @ 2:24pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:My Unicron finally came in. And it was within a larger box, so it's in perfect condition! But I have nowhere to put said box so it just goes in the basement.

I actually had a section for "Unicron Heralds" or any other high-ranking position within the God of Chaos hierarchy:

Generation 1

Reptilion
(Strika)

Second Set
Nemesis Prime
Ramjet

That's as far as I got :lol:
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2102224)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 18th, 2021 @ 3:37pm CDT
Well, I noticed some paint chips on Uni's head after the first transformation. Small, but there. :roll:

edit:
Mixed up some acrylic paint I had laying around for a good enough touch up. It'll do. I feel dumb, but I plan to paint or sharpie his teeth anyway.

Next time I transform him I'll just detach the head.
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2102232)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 18th, 2021 @ 4:14pm CDT
How? Doesn't the head have to be removed to transform?
Re: Hasbro Debut Official HasLab Unicron Transformation Video (2102234)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on April 18th, 2021 @ 4:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:How? Doesn't the head have to be removed to transform?

You don't have to remove it, no.

Although I suppose you should remove it.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC Autobot HUFFER Deluxe 5in Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars G2 Dragstrip - incomplete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Battle Core Optimus Prime (Incomplete) Body" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Legends Ultra Magnus Complete w/ Alpha Trion Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG17 Blackarachnia complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Universe Deluxe Cyclonus - Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron #002 Soundblaster w/ Buzzsaw Voyager" on EBAY