Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th

Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th

Monday, November 23rd, 2009 10:19pm CST

Categories: Site News, Company News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 19,773

This is it! The last Q&A session for 2009! It's time for Hasbro to answer the questions put forth by us, the fans! If you have any questions regarding Hasbro's processes, thoughts, ponderings or reasonings, please ask them now.

The staff will choose 3 questions to submit to Hasbro on Nov 30th. We are expecting our answers around Dec 14th.

In the interest of trying to get the best questions submitted, Seibertron.com staff and savvy community members will also be answering questions that we KNOW have already been answered.

We are aware that we have not heard back from Hasbro yet on the previous round of questionings and sincerely hope that miscommunication is sorted out shortly.

Hasbro has made it clear that they will not answer questions such as "Will you make this figure?" or anything related to their new animated series. Other than that, everything is fair game!

This article was last modified on Monday, November 23rd, 2009 10:19pm CST

Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022314)
Posted by The_Cybertronian_Emperor on November 23rd, 2009 @ 11:02pm CST
Wow, I'm the first one to comment? Oh, happy day.

I only have one question ...

With third party companies like FansProject making add-on and accessory kits that are actually pretty good in quality, is Hasbro going to follow this trend and start making Transformers that the fans want, or are we going to get another series of single molds recolored 4 to 5 times?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022315)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 23rd, 2009 @ 11:20pm CST
I got one that I always forget to ask.

What ever became of Transformers Universe Special Edition? We were rumored at one point to get an upgraded Cliffjumper, a red repaint of Mirage and a few other treats, but never heard anything after the release of Overkill and Drag Strip. Any chance we'll see something from this line or something like it with collectors packaging, exclusive figures, ect. in the future?

(just gonna toss my two cents in, but mail away Universe Omnibots, Red Cross Ratchet or Reflector would be an incredible treat to fans... especially Downshift :wink: )
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022318)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on November 23rd, 2009 @ 11:50pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:I got one that I always forget to ask.

Where have I heard that before :-? ;-) I'll definitely vote up that question!

Also, on a side note, whatever happened to the answers to the last round of questions, and what questions did we even submit?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022326)
Posted by Blurrz on November 24th, 2009 @ 12:47am CST
Razorclaw0000 wrote:

They're in the process of being processed.
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022334)
Posted by leokearon on November 24th, 2009 @ 2:17am CST
Were Animated Arcee and Cybertron Mode Rachet always intended to be ezclusives or was it a last minute deal? If they were intended to be exclsuives wht wasn't it mentioned before?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022343)
Posted by Orthobotrex on November 24th, 2009 @ 4:03am CST

And with the recession ending soon, will we still suffer from repaints for new products instead of new molds of new figures?

Thanks!
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022352)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 24th, 2009 @ 6:16am CST
The_Cybertronian_Emperor wrote:Wow, I'm the first one to comment? Oh, happy day.

I only have one question ...

I think we have done the 3rd party questions before, as far as HASBRO giving fans what they want, well, we do get a lot of what we want...just not everything is what we want.

You can't blame a company for trying to make money (repaint is cheaper than whole new molds).
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022371)
Posted by Down_Shift on November 24th, 2009 @ 8:38am CST
Orthobotrex wrote:I was just wondering who's in charge of quality control at your factories because I come across a lot of defects with some figures that are unforgivable and I think you would have a lot of happier customers if these were prevented from being shipped out in the first place?

Thanks!

Staff here can answer that.

Quality Control of the figures is still up to standard. Are they your standard because Lockdowns hands don't fold all the way out? Hasbro wouldn't waste money when something as small as that was a product of the mold. Remember they're still for kids, and kids couldn't care less if the little things we as fans notices are there. QC in a factory refers to many other things like drop tests, paint test, razor sharp corners ect.

As for repaints, there will always be repaints. Tons of them. It's an easy way to maximize profit from any particular mold.
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022385)
Posted by Counterpunch on November 24th, 2009 @ 9:55am CST
Carl wrote:What's the friggin point Meat-Man?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022393)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 24th, 2009 @ 10:05am CST
Counterpunch wrote:
Carl wrote:What's the friggin point Meat-Man?

What? Is this helpful?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022414)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on November 24th, 2009 @ 11:27am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Carl wrote:What's the friggin point Meat-Man?

What? Is this helpful?

aqua teen hunger force is very helpful. Always.
Star Wars has a fans choice section of it's legacy line, why not transformers? I understand sculpting an action figure is much easier than engineering a robot that changes into a (for the most part) seamless vehicle, but it doesn't always need to be a new mold, it could be repaints of existing molds, but repaints the fans choose to represent a character on a certain mold. For example with a little retooling on the face and weapon of animated shockwave, I think we can all see skorponok with the right paint scheme! It already has mandibles! The hands are close to pincers already!
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022446)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 24th, 2009 @ 1:19pm CST
Right *cracks knuckles*

*Fingers fall off*

Anyway, I asked a seibertron head about this, but I want an answer direct from Hasbro itself about the Sideswipe and Sideways RPMs; why is it that the cars look nothing like their film counterparts? Sideswipe looks NOTHING like his Corvette Stingray and Sideways' Audi looks really peculiar.

It's really disappointing, because the Stingray is such an integral part of Sideswipe's character.

I know that Mattel somehow seems to have the right to produce the Corvette in their 'Hot Wheels' line, so will Hasbro (get the rights and) produce these two characters in RPM cars that resemble the film counterparts in the near future?

(Okay, maybe I can understand why the Audi looks 'off', but even the Deluxe Sideways looks like an Audi. And as far as I can see, there is NO excuse for the Corvette when you consider the Deluxe and Human Alliance Sideswipe figures...)
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022451)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 24th, 2009 @ 1:35pm CST
Swiftknife24 wrote:Right *cracks knuckles*

*Fingers fall off*

Diecast car licensing is different than, robot conversion to car licensing toy.

Hot Wheels makes no similar product to the normal or larger sized robots that transform. They do however make a car of the size in which Hot Wheels also makes that. If the RPM transformed they could probably do it. Since it doesn't, Hasbro cannot.
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022472)
Posted by Kibble on November 24th, 2009 @ 2:48pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:
Carl wrote:What's the friggin point Meat-Man?

What? Is this helpful?

I don't even get it and I laughed...so I vote yes, it is helpful.
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022475)
Posted by yellow Camaro on November 24th, 2009 @ 2:55pm CST
As I can't ask "Will you make this figure?" :sad: , my question is:

"How many people must sign an on-line petition to convince Hasbro to make a particular figure?"

This is because I would like to see HA Grindor w Alice :P (a huge Grindor, my forest battle needs it!!!) , but I think this way could be the way to ask for a couple of the most-wanted figures per year!
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022488)
Posted by SnapTrap on November 24th, 2009 @ 3:40pm CST
Will Transformers Animated Season 3 be out soon? What about a boxed set of all three seasons?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022495)
Posted by Swiftknife24 on November 24th, 2009 @ 4:24pm CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:
Swiftknife24 wrote:Right *cracks knuckles*

*Fingers fall off*

Diecast car licensing is different than, robot conversion to car licensing toy.

Okay, fair enough; I'll reinstate, which is now my primary, question; will Hasbro be obtaining the license to produce a Corvette (screen-accurate Sideswipe) RPM anytime in the future?
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022504)
Posted by autobot-jolt on November 24th, 2009 @ 4:57pm CST
Only two questions here:

1) Are there any more plans for the Universe and Animated toylines past Hardehead, Powerglide, Skyfall, Arcee, Rodimus Electrostaic Soundwave, etc.?

2) Will the Constructicon Scrapper and Flareup/Elita-1 be out soon? (I don't know if I can ask this one; I tried to word as best as I can, it's ok if I can't ask it, my first question is the important one)
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022517)
Posted by Orthobotrex on November 24th, 2009 @ 5:41pm CST
Down_Shift wrote:

Thanks!

Staff here can answer that.

Well then, fair enough. In that case...it will still take a lot of getting used to. :|
Re: Hasbro Q&As, due Nov 30th (1022545)
Posted by Tigertrack on November 24th, 2009 @ 7:27pm CST
autobot-jolt wrote:Only two questions here:

#1) Yes, they are just not being specific with us yet.

#2) We were already told that there will not be a Scrapper made. As for the Elita-1 mold, since we have seen no previews of it, it looks like it will be a summer to late 2010 piece.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY