This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 12:49AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, People News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,786

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

In other Transformers: The Last Knight news, we have located a campaign by Hasbro UK and toy photographer Darryll Jones - famous for Eric the Stormtrooper - to promote the new movie using the figures from the Premier Edition toyline! Found in multiple spots across the UK's capital city of London, Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sqweeks, Grimlock and more can be found relaxing and enjoying the Big Smoke on a particularly sunny day - check out some of the images below, via his Instagram, The Drum interview, and Event Magazine!

On his photographic trip, Jones said: “I've always been really interested in taking pictures of figurines in urban environments, and it was immensely exciting to work on this project for Hasbro using the Transformers figures and iconic London landmarks to create comical installations reminiscent of a visit to London.”


In celebration of Transformers: The Last Knight hitting the big screen last week, I worked with Hasbro and captured the film’s most iconic characters in street scenes around the Capital.

Join the motley crew as they take over my instagram this week with a few of their adventures in London.

The underground can be confusing to new tourists, Optimus and Bumblebee have just arrived at Covent Garden :)


Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones

Transformers News: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones
Credit(s): The Drum, Event, Darryll Jones

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1892840)
Posted by frogbat on June 28th, 2017 @ 1:03am CDT
Cute...

Prime and squeaks look the part... that bee doesn't look as good tho.. maybe too much yellow?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1892847)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 28th, 2017 @ 3:08am CDT
love those photos. :)
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1892862)
Posted by Burn on June 28th, 2017 @ 7:12am CDT
These are freaking awesome.

You need to lift your game Va'al.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1892863)
Posted by Va'al on June 28th, 2017 @ 7:21am CDT
Burn wrote:These are freaking awesome.

You need to lift your game Va'al.


I know right? Curse my cameraphone.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893116)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on June 29th, 2017 @ 1:53pm CDT
Btw i hope the 40 or so minutes extra extended version on Blu Ray is true
Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893117)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 29th, 2017 @ 1:57pm CDT
Is it not a bit early to be stating 40 mins extra footage on the home version when the cinema one has only just come out? I'd like it if true but it seems a bit suspicious to me.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893118)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 29th, 2017 @ 2:00pm CDT
While that does seem suspect, it wouldn't be the first time a movie gets a ton of extra footage on the home release. Might fix all the story complains, too...
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893123)
Posted by Kurona on June 29th, 2017 @ 2:10pm CDT
40 minutes? A DVD version having a bit more footage is hardly surprising in 2017, but... but 40?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893125)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 29th, 2017 @ 2:14pm CDT
Kurona wrote:40 minutes? A DVD version having a bit more footage is hardly surprising in 2017, but... but 40?

Exactly why I'm cautious about it. Sure, we knew a lot of things were cut, but I highly doubt it was that much. If it's real, though, I welcome it.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893132)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 29th, 2017 @ 2:44pm CDT
If it's true I hope to see Galvatron become Megatron (I suspect Quintessa is capable and likely responsible for giving Megs a true TF body again perhaps with her disgusted at the human-made body he had before) and Cogman taking Nitro's body showing off his headmaster thing that was mentioned but not seen. But yes if it's truuue that there's 40 mins extra on home version.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893192)
Posted by Va'al on June 29th, 2017 @ 6:44pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:Btw i hope the 40 or so minutes extra extended version on Blu Ray is true
Image


Is there any source whatsoever for this?
(except for a picture on the internet, which is not a fact, just.. a picture on the internet)
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893323)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:01am CDT
Not of great importance but I liked that Transformers was listed on an article on the BBC news site as one of 2007's successes. :)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/4 ... e-turns-10
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893359)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2017 @ 9:05am CDT
Va'al wrote:
Stuartmaximus wrote:Btw i hope the 40 or so minutes extra extended version on Blu Ray is true
Image


Is there any source whatsoever for this?
(except for a picture on the internet, which is not a fact, just.. a picture on the internet)

This is a. Hoax. if anyone wants to look up the home video cover, just search for the film on walmart.ca
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893450)
Posted by Dmhead on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:08pm CDT
'Transformers' Stupendous 82% Friday-To-Friday Collapse Is One For The Record Books

Transformers: The Last Knight is having the same impact this week, but for all the wrong reasons. Its 82.2 percent plunge today from the previous Friday’s $54 million opening (including midnight grosses) to just $8.5 million (RMB 58 million) today is the most spectacular Friday-to-Friday drop I can recall for a wide release in China.

If its daily numbers keep crumbling the way they have, The Last Knight will struggle to make it to $240 million over the course of its PRC release. That may sound like a big number, and it would indeed rank as one of the biggest totals ever for a Hollywood release in the PRC, but even so it would still qualify as a catastrophic shortfall from pre-release expectations. A $240 million Last Knight Middle Kingdom total would equate to a 25 percent decrease in revenue from the last Transformers film, Age of Extinction, which pulled in a then-record $320 million in 2014. The 25 percent drop in the context of China’s overall 50% market growth during that three-year period make The Last Knight’s collapse all the more impressive.


https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain/2017/06/30/transformers-stupendous-82-friday-to-friday-collapse-is-one-for-the-record-books/#7605277b6fd6

This is foreshadowing the end of Bayformers. Finally.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893460)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:37pm CDT
Dmhead wrote:This is foreshadowing the end of Bayformers. Finally.


If true then possibly signalling the end of my interest in Transformers. But I dunno about that cos we got Bumblebee's 'solo' movie in production.

I want a new between-movie movie line dammit, I loved Hunt for the Decepticons and TF2010.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893462)
Posted by JazZeke on June 30th, 2017 @ 2:38pm CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Dmhead wrote:This is foreshadowing the end of Bayformers. Finally.


If true then possibly signalling the end of my interest in Transformers. But I dunno about that cos we got Bumblebee's 'solo' movie in production.

I want a new between-movie movie line dammit, I loved Hunt for the Decepticons and TF2010.

I doubt Hasbro will stop making movies at this point, they're too much of a cash cow. But if they're not making us much as they could, it may cause them to reevaluate the direction they've been going in and bring in a more competent director.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893478)
Posted by Dmhead on June 30th, 2017 @ 3:21pm CDT
You can bet we're going to get a similar shake up situation in Paramount like what happened with DC some months ago. This is nessessary, because Paramount can't play on a dead horse any longer. People are fed up with Transformers, and the numbers at the box office don't lie. It doesn't have legs both domestic and international. I propose they reboot the whole series from the Bumblebee movie.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893866)
Posted by Va'al on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:07pm CDT
A new week, a new update on the international faring of Transformers: The Last Knight, with still a couple of markets to release the movie (notably Japan, Spain, Brazil, Mexico). China is still holding the highest grossing box office import, but the numbers have dropped - significantly, as has happened in most other markets - from the opening weekend and week.

The unfortunate trend is found pretty much everywhere else that the movie has shown, despite number 1 positions for France, Belgium, and India where it just opened. Full numbers and projections can be found below, and over at Deadline, plus a couple of analyses found on Forbes show how we're looking more at a global $600M income for Paramount's fifth instalment, including a comparison with Age of Extinction during the same span.

Falling 66% from its international launch last weekend, Paramount’s 5th movie in the bots franchise grossed $68M this session. That’s in 44 markets with three new openings. The offshore cume is now $327.8M. France ($5M/815 dates), India ($3.5M/1,129 dates) and Belgium ($719K/156 dates) were all new No. 1s.

In holds, China leads at $29.5M from 7,000 locations this weekend. That lifts the total there to $193.5M after 10 days. The film dropped 76% in the Middle Kingdom (it had already seen a bigger than expected Saturday to Sunday drop last session and has suffered poor word of mouth). It will not reach the hoped for heights of its predecessor, Age Of Extinction, which set a new record there in 2014. That film played into the (unofficial) July blackout and became the biggest import ever (at the time) after 12 days of release. It’s not clear if the temporary moratorium on outside pics is being fully enforced by the PROC this year. Currently Despicable Me 3 is the last Hollywood film slated for a while.

Elsewhere, the best hold was in Germany which added $3.6M for a local cume of $9.7M. In Korea, Bumblebee got stung by local pic Anarchist From Colony to land at No. 2 for the sophomore session with $3M/$17.6M cume (2nd best overseas market). Russia added $2.1M for $13.1M to date and the UK toyed with another $2.1M for a $10.2M cume.

In South East Asia, Malaysia leads with $7.2M to date. Taiwan is at $5.8M. There are still major markets to release including Brazil and Mexico in two weeks and Japan and Spain in early August.


Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893868)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:21pm CDT
I like these movies I really do and always will even TLK but Paramount brought this to themselves since they and that hack Lorenzo's effortless attitude has made the film series and presumably the brand as a whole suffered.

Also I thought the writing team they brought in was supposed to be so that this exact situation didn't happen?

I enjoyed most of what was on screen like I always do but just like the others besides maybe the 2007 film TLK could of been so much more if the Bee movie fails too it's over and no reboot is going to save it no matter how much nostalgia they shove in I mean heck the original 1986 film didn't do amazing in theaters either.

Paramount is in a corner since Transformers is their last reliable cash maker after their countless recent flops and so is Hasbro since this, the extremely poor handling of Prime and Rid, the recent decline of interest in the IDW comics partially due to IDW's poor business decisions, once Titans Return and the Bee movie which is likely going to be the last live action film there isn't going to be anything for me here in this brand which sucks since Transformers is my last big hobby.

Sorry for the long post and maybe rant but I had to vent since this situation is depressing me especially since I just saw the film a couple more times in the theater and the awe effect is lost.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893871)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:33pm CDT
this is a really bad time for paramount.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893875)
Posted by Graviton on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:41pm CDT
When TLK is done in theaters can someone please make some sort of visual depiction, such as a bar graph, to compare all 5 movies profits?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893876)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:43pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:this is a really bad time for paramount.

And to be a Transformers fan if this keeps up since if it gets worse enough that's going to be the end of our franchise and even if another Transforming robots brand comes around it's not going to be Transformers.

Paramount might have made good films in the past but that's the past and if Paramount has had flop after flop in a row I think there's a reason for it now Paramount has to think and put hard work into getting out of the hole they dug and get them out of their vegetative state.

Even if they do a reboot which is going to be tricky they can't super rely on nostalgia to bring in the crowd since most people from G1's time are in their 40's and there's only so much time before they lose interest in the brand which just leaves the younger crowd and since movies as an interest is dwindling due to the expense of theater and young people like myself being more interested in Youtube/Netflix same with toys with things like video games becoming bigger and bigger as the years go by.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893884)
Posted by Graviton on July 2nd, 2017 @ 8:58pm CDT
Deadput wrote:if this keeps up since if it gets worse enough that's going to be the end of our franchise


I doubt it will be that bad if the movies fail, this brand has run almost continuously for the past 32 years showing how versatile it really is.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893885)
Posted by JazZeke on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:01pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
griftimus prime wrote:this is a really bad time for paramount.

And to be a Transformers fan if this keeps up since if it gets worse enough that's going to be the end of our franchise and even if another Transforming robots brand comes around it's not going to be Transformers.

Kid, this franchise existed long before the movies, and it will exist in some form or another long after the movies. The toys themselves are the driving force and as long as they turn a profit, they'll stick around.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893886)
Posted by Kurona on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:02pm CDT
The single point in time Transformers ever had a drop in sales was the very late 80s and early 90s -- and even then they still had toys from the shelves. And after that it was able to sell as a premier boys toy for 10 years straight with no movies. If the Live-action movies end, I have faith the brand won't sink with it for a good while.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893887)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:04pm CDT
Graviton wrote:I doubt it will be that bad if the movies fail, this brand has run almost continuously for the past 32 years showing how versatile it really is.


Yeah Transformers has done great and has "cheated" death before but every franchise is going to end at some point because nothing lasts forever and I honestly doubt that Transformers at the very least Hasbro/Takara's Transformers are going to outlive me unless I die early on in my life (19 right now soon to be 20) Transforming robots themselves will last for a long time it's just not guaranteed to be Transformers forever.

Unless we get another Beast Wars or another 2007 movie to bring more life to our franchise the brand is going to die in the slow dwindling way like GI-Joe for example.


Transformers survive because they "transform" the brand so that there is always something new to prevent fatigue.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893889)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:08pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:Kid, this franchise existed long before the movies, and it will exist in some form or another long after the movies. The toys themselves are the driving force and as long as they turn a profit, they'll stick around.

There will always be a form of Transforming robot but it's not always going to be Transformers just like how there will always be toys but thier not going to be the same a few hundred years from now.

It won't because that's not how life works and even if it did were not always going to hold interest in the brand because we will have to grow up at some point and move on with more pressing matters.

Like eventually Transformers is going to move on from Optimus Prime and Megatron and all of the other cast and there are going to be new characters and concepts.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893890)
Posted by Kurona on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
Everything ends at some point, but there's a lot of franchises that have managed to put up a bloody good fight -- how do we know Transformers won't last as long as say, Sherlock has? Or Shakespeare?
... feels wrong comparing Transformers to those two with the context of the live-action movies, but the point stands. It could very easily last a damn long time before dying and then inevitably getting resurrected by 2140's 2110s nostalgia kick :lol:
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893892)
Posted by Deadput on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:11pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Everything ends at some point, but there's a lot of franchises that have managed to put up a bloody good fight -- how do we know Transformers won't last as long as say, Sherlock has? Or Shakespeare?
... feels wrong comparing Transformers to those two with the context of the live-action movies, but the point stands. It could very easily last a damn long time before dying and then inevitably getting resurrected by 2140's 2110s nostalgia kick :lol:


It will last yes I'm not saying or doubting that Transformers will end in the next few years but something is going to have to change whether for good or bad.

I'm thinking of Doctor Who that show has lived for a long time but it does do things to stay fresh like the whole regenerating Doctor thing that guy has going on.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893896)
Posted by dragons on July 2nd, 2017 @ 9:47pm CDT
Some Obie's are not doing good as others do like them to be despicable me 3 is number one Wonder Woman is number three cars is number five spot
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893900)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 10:23pm CDT
I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893905)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 10:44pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893907)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2017 @ 10:46pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
It's... okay to like something that isn't good. That's what "guilty pleasures" are.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893909)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 10:54pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

I think that's the part that stings the most, that this writer's room was touted for so long to be a turning point for the storytelling aspect and writing, but all they did was force random things they read about (headmasters, duocons, quintessa, time travel, the true nature of earth...) and cram them into this movie without doing anything beyond that to make it any good
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893911)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 10:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
It's... okay to like something that isn't good. That's what "guilty pleasures" are.


Nope. I look at everything from an objective point of view. If I say something is "the greatest thing of all time," it has to live up to those standards, otherwise, it ceases to be the greatest. And I only associate myself with the best.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893914)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2017 @ 11:01pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
It's... okay to like something that isn't good. That's what "guilty pleasures" are.


Nope. I look at everything from an objective point of view. If I say something is "the greatest thing of all time," it has to live up to those standards, otherwise, it ceases to be the greatest. And I only associate myself with the best.
But the very notion of "the greatest thing of all time" is objectively a subjective concept in and of itself.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893916)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 11:10pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

I think that's the part that stings the most, that this writer's room was touted for so long to be a turning point for the storytelling aspect and writing, but all they did was force random things they read about (headmasters, duocons, quintessa, time travel, the true nature of earth...) and cram them into this movie without doing anything beyond that to make it any good


Yeah, they hyped up this whole writers room, like it was going to be the savior of the franchise. But then it turned out that the writing was the absolute worst thing about the movie. I'm convinced all the writers room did was write all the lore. I truly don't believe they even tried to write a cohesive, impactful story. And the bad part is that it has all the elements for a great story, but it was completely squandered by the execution.

It's funny, because I always wondered why everyone gave a shit about the story in movies. I guess now I know why.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893917)
Posted by william-james88 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 11:11pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote: And I only associate myself with the best.

So what's it like being friends with the pope?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893918)
Posted by JazZeke on July 2nd, 2017 @ 11:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
It's... okay to like something that isn't good. That's what "guilty pleasures" are.

Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893921)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 2nd, 2017 @ 11:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:I'm not sad, they brought this on themselves by not getting their writing in order, maybe they should hire actually talented writers next time...


I'm honestly finding it more sad that I just don't care. This franchise is literally my favorite thing on the planet, and I couldn't give a damn less that it's hurting right now. I haven't even seen the movie a second time. I watched AOE a whole 7 times in theaters, but I have no desire to see TLK again. They should have delivered on what they promised the first damn time.

At least now I know I'm not a fan of anything. I won't blindly defend these movies just because I like them. I've shunned and condemned entire goddamn properties I once loved and adored, all because they put out something I didn't like. Marvel, Star Wars, and most recently the Mass Effect games are among those properties. I'm just hoping Transformers doesn't join the ranks.
It's... okay to like something that isn't good. That's what "guilty pleasures" are.


Nope. I look at everything from an objective point of view. If I say something is "the greatest thing of all time," it has to live up to those standards, otherwise, it ceases to be the greatest. And I only associate myself with the best.
But the very notion of "the greatest thing of all time" is objectively a subjective concept in and of itself.


Let's just say "the greatest thing of all time," in my world. If it disappoints me, it's no longer the greatest. I'll have to move on to a different world to find it.

william-james88 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote: And I only associate myself with the best.

So what's it like being friends with the pope?


Who said we were friends?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893927)
Posted by Va'al on July 3rd, 2017 @ 12:07am CDT
Whatever the performance of Transformers: The Last Knight at the box office, the marketing train is still going strong around the world too - with the US' own Autobots Unite tour taking place at Walmarts, and the various Singapore, Hong Kong, and other events we've covered. Thanks to Facebook group Transformers Perù, the country's own display of toys, fans, cars from the movieverse, costumes, films and contests! Check out a selection of images below, and let us know if anything similar has taken place in your area!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893934)
Posted by noctorro on July 3rd, 2017 @ 12:39am CDT
Anybody seen the Double Toasted review of The Last Knight?

That line from Corey keeps echoing in my mind.

"Not a goddamn original thought was put into this movie!!!"

That's why I haven't seen it a second and third time yet.

This movie is out of his goddamn mind. Wy 5 unoriginal out of Transformers
storylines + like 3 decent Transformers storylines in this movie?

Just focus on Nemesis Prime, Quintessa, Megatron being Megatron again.
Does Megatron have a spark? How did he become Megatron again?
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893937)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 3rd, 2017 @ 12:47am CDT
noctorro wrote:Anybody seen the Double Toasted review of The Last Knight?

That line from Corey keeps echoing in my mind.

"Not a goddamn original thought was put into this movie!!!"

That's why I haven't seen it a second and third time yet.

This movie is out of his goddamn mind. Wy 5 unoriginal out of Transformers
storylines + like 3 decent Transformers storylines in this movie?

Just focus on Nemesis Prime, Quintessa, Megatron being Megatron again.
Does Megatron have a spark? How did he become Megatron again?


Despite their hatred for these movies, I watch Double Toasted regularly. I do believe there to be original thoughts in the movie, but none of it was on the writers' parts. Every bit of originality came from Bay himself. People always claim Bay doesn't care about the franchise. He obviously cares. It's the writers who don't give a shit. Bay was the one who had to force the producers to put together a writer's room in the first place, and what did they give him? A bunch of hacks. I could have written a better script, and it the movie's budget probably would have been even lower.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893942)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2017 @ 1:21am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
Despite their hatred for these movies, I watch Double Toasted regularly. I do believe there to be original thoughts in the movie, but none of it was on the writers' parts. Every bit of originality came from Bay himself. People always claim Bay doesn't care about the franchise. He obviously cares. It's the writers who don't give a ****. Bay was the one who had to force the producers to put together a writer's room in the first place, and what did they give him? A bunch of hacks. I could have written a better script, and it the movie's budget probably would have been even lower.


It's not even the writers it's Lorenzo who is the absolute core of the problems of these films.

Instead of listing them myself with my poor writing skills I'll let someone else who could explain it way better then I ever could. Ra88 of the Tfw2005 boards wrote a general list of all the stuff he has done.

Ra88 wrote:But yeah. A lot of this came out on the Don Murphy boards. He was one of the fan friendly production members (and the guy who also along with Tom DeSanto was is responsible for even convincing Paramount to do these movies). He constantly was in direct communication with TF fans, but this also put him at odds a lot with people because he had a really explosive personality.

Anyways, it was through that board and input from DM that a lot of Lorenzos antics came to light. Such as:

* Not even wanting Autobots to be in the movie.
* Changing the base attack scene from a forest to the middle eastern desert. Also removing Soundwave and Ravage and replacing them with Incinerator (who would go on to be renamed Grimlock/Vortex/Blackout) and Scorponok (which totally pissed off Don Murphy, so Lorenzo got nick named Scorponok on the boards).
* Replacing Soundwave (a humvee in this) with Barricade.
* seeing a pattern yet? Because guess who Frenzy was at first.
* The Autobots almost didn't have any personalities beyond the robotic because he felt that was dumb. And this is after the "didn't want them to speak" thing.
* Wanted Megatron to be a cannibal who got power from eating sparks. (Shares this blame with Orci and Kurtzmann though).
* Actively fought against Welker and Cullen to reprise their roles. Especially Cullen. He wanted Liam Neeson for the star power.
* Once the movie came out and was a smash hit, he took credit for a lot of it.

There's more, but I can't remember all of it right now.


Also there is more to the Cullen thing Lorenzo actually went out of his way to sabotage Peter's audition for the 2007 movie by not having the guy that was meant to interact with Cullen in the audition show up at the right time luckily Peter improvised and Bay who sought Peter Cullen out brought him in but Lorenzo made Peter stick to only Optimus and not Ironhide as well.

Also this guy is the prime reason for this movie being convoluted he took two different scripts and smashed them together he is the one everyone should be angry at not Bay or the writers although their not completely innocent either.

And it doesn't matter if Bay leaves and the Transformers movies are rebooted as long as Lorenzo is involved he is going to screw things up.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893946)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 3rd, 2017 @ 1:42am CDT
Deadput wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Despite their hatred for these movies, I watch Double Toasted regularly. I do believe there to be original thoughts in the movie, but none of it was on the writers' parts. Every bit of originality came from Bay himself. People always claim Bay doesn't care about the franchise. He obviously cares. It's the writers who don't give a ****. Bay was the one who had to force the producers to put together a writer's room in the first place, and what did they give him? A bunch of hacks. I could have written a better script, and it the movie's budget probably would have been even lower.


It's not even the writers it's Lorenzo who is the absolute core of the problems of these films.

Instead of listing them myself with my poor writing skills I'll let someone else who could explain it way better then I ever could. Ra88 of the Tfw2005 boards wrote a general list of all the stuff he has done.

Ra88 wrote:But yeah. A lot of this came out on the Don Murphy boards. He was one of the fan friendly production members (and the guy who also along with Tom DeSanto was is responsible for even convincing Paramount to do these movies). He constantly was in direct communication with TF fans, but this also put him at odds a lot with people because he had a really explosive personality.

Anyways, it was through that board and input from DM that a lot of Lorenzos antics came to light. Such as:

* Not even wanting Autobots to be in the movie.
* Changing the base attack scene from a forest to the middle eastern desert. Also removing Soundwave and Ravage and replacing them with Incinerator (who would go on to be renamed Grimlock/Vortex/Blackout) and Scorponok (which totally pissed off Don Murphy, so Lorenzo got nick named Scorponok on the boards).
* Replacing Soundwave (a humvee in this) with Barricade.
* seeing a pattern yet? Because guess who Frenzy was at first.
* The Autobots almost didn't have any personalities beyond the robotic because he felt that was dumb. And this is after the "didn't want them to speak" thing.
* Wanted Megatron to be a cannibal who got power from eating sparks. (Shares this blame with Orci and Kurtzmann though).
* Actively fought against Welker and Cullen to reprise their roles. Especially Cullen. He wanted Liam Neeson for the star power.
* Once the movie came out and was a smash hit, he took credit for a lot of it.

There's more, but I can't remember all of it right now.


Also there is more to the Cullen thing Lorenzo actually went out of his way to sabotage Peter's audition for the 2007 movie by not having the guy that was meant to interact with Cullen in the audition show up at the right time luckily Peter improvised and Bay who sought Peter Cullen out brought him in but Lorenzo made Peter stick to only Optimus and not Ironhide as well.

Also this guy is the prime reason for this movie being convoluted he took two different scripts and smashed them together he is the one everyone should be angry at not Bay or the writers although their not completely innocent either.

And it doesn't matter if Bay leaves and the Transformers movies are rebooted as long as Lorenzo is involved he is going to screw things up.


I'm aware of his influence on the story, but the writers still could have found a better way to piece it all together.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893947)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2017 @ 2:05am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
I'm aware of his influence on the story, but the writers still could have found a better way to piece it all together.


They really could of but the problem is that no one cared enough Not Lorenzo, not Bay, not the writers, not Paramount, not Hasbro and honestly that's mostly due to them making it all up as they go instead of making some sort of road map like starting with movie two or three.

I don't think we will ever get anyone that cares enough about continuity besides small basics and Easter eggs unless we get a reboot with everything carefully played out with extra backup plans.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893948)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2017 @ 2:10am CDT
Pictures like this make me wish we could have something like a prequel movie or a video game with all of them together interacting with each other like Ironhide and Hound or something like that and it doesn't even have to be anything canon.

Image
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893949)
Posted by SlyTF1 on July 3rd, 2017 @ 2:21am CDT
Deadput wrote:Pictures like this make me wish we could have something like a prequel movie or a video game with all of them together interacting with each other like Ironhide and Hound or something like that and it doesn't even have to be anything canon.

Image


A game like that would be great. One set in an alternate reality where all the Autobots and Decepticons are still alive, fighting it out on Earth. I still want a Transformers RPG, damnit.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893953)
Posted by Barricade.it on July 3rd, 2017 @ 3:16am CDT
I think TLK is a good movie, much more then AOE and ROTF, not as good as 2007 or DOTM, which is my favourite.

The problem, in my opinion, is that they are trying to rethink and rethink and overload an idea which works well by itself. This stuff of medieval knights or the war between humans and TF (all TFs) is a dead end. I mean: We have a few strong robots capable of becoming almost anything. It's something a writer could do anything with! But the challenge is to do anything EXACTLY with it. A plot wich colud be right for a kind of fantasy-mistery movie (TLK) o for a super heroes movie (AOE) is not a transfromers plot: the challenge is to write a plot about sotriers only TFs could deal with. Ad the usual CRASH BOOM BANG Bayhem is not enough to cover this, it may even be a disadvantage.

I don't think TFs are at their end, but I'm sure that after Bee's 2018 the movie stuff should take a pause for reflections.
Re: Hasbro Transformers: The Last Knight Figures Loose in London, by Toy Photographer @DarryllJones (1893954)
Posted by Burn on July 3rd, 2017 @ 3:43am CDT
Wow, it took 10 years but people are finally acknowledging that Bay isn't solely responsible for all the problems.

Thanks for catching up at last! :lol:

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #800 Cvr F Cardstock DC Comics 2023 0423DC119 800F (CA) Schmidt"
FLASH #800 Cvr F C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 0223DC048 1071B (CA) Reis"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #3 Cvr H 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0223DC026 3H (W) Williamson (CA) Kolins"
SUPERMAN #3 Cvr H ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC068 139A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #139 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #1 Facsimile Edition Cvr C blank DC Comics 2023 ptg 0723DC203 1C (CA)Kane"
BATMAN #1 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #4 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 0623DC170 4C (CA) Schmidt"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1054 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0223DC029 1054B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #796 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 FEB232830 796B (W) Adams (CA) Di Nicuolo"
FLASH #796 Cvr B D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "GREEN LANTERN #87 Facsimile Cvr B Blank Sketch DC Comics 2024 ptg 1223DC212"
NEW!
GREEN LANTERN #87 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1072 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 0323DC196 1072E (CA) Jones"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ADVENTURE COMICS #260 Facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC263 (CA) Swan + Kaye"
ADVENTURE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #143 Cvr C DC Comics 2024 1223DC008 143C (CA) Chew (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #143 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH REBIRTH tpb DC Comics JAN117095 (W) Johns (A/CA) Van Sciver"
FLASH REBIRTH tpb ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #182 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee Movie Toys, Power Charge Bumblebee Action Figure - Spinning Core, Lights and Sounds - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 10.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Autobot Cosmos" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Chop Shop Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON