Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010

Transformers News: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010

Thursday, June 10th, 2010 4:16PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Company News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 41,130

Hasbro has sent us back responses for the two questions that we sent them last month. Here're the questions and Hasbro's answers for May 2010:

1. Fans were treated to a huge surprise at BotCon 2009 when they got to see not one but two G1 Unicrons on display. This was an item that many kids from the 80s dreamed of owning and as adults they still do. What can you tell us about the original G1 Unicron toy that was on display at BotCon 2009? How many of them are there? Any chance we'll ever see the G1 Unicron or G1 Arcee made?

Hasbro wrote:We were really happy to have had been able to display the Unicron toy at last year's convention. Besides being a great item to be able to display for our collectors, we also see it as an opportunity to educate the next generation of TF fans on the vast history of the brand.

for your more specific questions: 1) we are not sure on the exact number of G1 Unicrons, we do know that it is very rare; 2) there are no plans to release a G1 Unicron or Arcee.

2. We haven't heard much regarding the point of the Transformers Hall of Fame and how it will move forward beyond this initial year and induction at Botcon. Will future inductions be held in similar fashion of company picks and fan picks or will it be more fan controlled? And what is the greater point for the Hall, seeing it should be tied to greater media exposure. Is this all just publicity for ramping up excitement within the fan community, without actively having a pay-off beyond the possibility of backing the winning candidate for the 5th spot? Could this possibly be used for a "Transformers Hall-of-Fame" subline of the upcoming Generations toyline?

Hasbro wrote:Overall, our objective for establishing the Transformers Hall of Fame was to create an annual event that celebrated the accomplishments of the people and characters that have had a significant impact on the brand. Thus, you can expect that every year there will be more people and characters inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame through a combination of Hasbro and fan input.

Credit(s): Hasbro
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084657)
Posted by joeformer on June 10th, 2010 @ 4:31pm CDT
I have to ask this cause its driving me nuts. With all the human characters in the movies and in the idw comics. Will there ever be little mini articulated in scale figures made for the movie line and the classics line. Please make them. It feels like the toy line is not complete without them. I know about the human alliance line which is great. But I would love to see some mini figures for the classics and movie universe. Please. :grin: :grin:
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084660)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 10th, 2010 @ 4:45pm CDT
Well, I'll try again.....
First Question:Why are the larger characters often made excessively small? I can understand that they may be too big to make accurate but then why make them outright tiny? For example Movie BoneCrusher and Classics Trypticon or even Grimlock are very small.

Second Question:From the ROTF line, why are there new molds of characters who were not in the movie, but a few characters in the movie don't have toys? My example here would pretty much just be Scrapper though....as OverLoad and Hightower don't TransForm in the movie...

I asked them in more detail last time...but I'd really like those answered....
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084662)
Posted by It Is Him on June 10th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Gee, that's boring.
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084667)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 10th, 2010 @ 4:56pm CDT
Yeah it...kinda is....
They should mix it up a bit, maybe make some different groups, if someone is good enough to be IN the Hall of Fame...we probably already know who it is......
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084673)
Posted by Amelie on June 10th, 2010 @ 5:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I don't think they got Shockwave or Swoop.

[color=deeppink]The UK certainly didn't get these two lovelies. I got Swoop last year after importing him from America. Then got shafted by the import-tax man. :lol:

The fact they don't know how many Unicrons were produced is curious. I'm wondering if they prematurely started mass-production but failed the toy safty tests? It's a possible explanation as to why we see full production toys, but they're unclear as to the numbers - otherwise it would be very odd not to know how many prototypes produced.[/color]
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084689)
Posted by Seibertron on June 10th, 2010 @ 5:46pm CDT
Amelie wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I don't think they got Shockwave or Swoop.

Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084692)
Posted by Amelie on June 10th, 2010 @ 5:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:both of the answers provided were pretty generic. I thought asking about something that didn't have to do with current or upcoming releases would reveal more fruitful answers but I was wrong. I was really hoping they would provide some neat information about the G1 Unicron toy. I think I could've provided the answer they gave us.

Maybe we should've phrased it something like "Why wasn't the original G1 Unicron released? Was it due to pricing or toy safety issues?". Or some clever was to avoid the generic answers. :-?
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084693)
Posted by It Is Him on June 10th, 2010 @ 5:58pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I'm sure Hasbro knows or doesn't want to disclose that information. I imagine it has more to do with the person who answered the questions didn't really look into it as both of the answers provided were pretty generic. I thought asking about something that didn't have to do with current or upcoming releases would reveal more fruitful answers but I was wrong. I was really hoping they would provide some neat information about the G1 Unicron toy. I think I could've provided the answer they gave us.

Do you get the sense that they've stopped trying with these Q&A sessions?
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084698)
Posted by Andrius on June 10th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CDT
I love reading these responses from Hasbro, even though they're generally non-committal. Which sites besides Seibertron.com regularly submit questions to Hasbro? I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to online bastions of TF Fandom...
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084703)
Posted by joeformer on June 10th, 2010 @ 6:20pm CDT
they never answer the mini figure question.............. :shock: :grin:
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084723)
Posted by dragons on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
[quote]Maybe we should've phrased it something like "Why wasn't the original G1 Unicron released? Was it due to pricing or toy safety issues?". Or some clever was to avoid the generic answers. [/quote]

i have nothing against unicron i wouldnt mind another new unicron deluxe counter part non exspesion but the original looks horible as collector item i buy it but as planet eater itself not chance if where going to get another new unicron i perfer beatswars neo unicron if that is possible the original is to big & bulky looking in planet mode & bot looks like
space station with out the explosion from starwasr episode 1 phantom menace space fight at end of film
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084749)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 10th, 2010 @ 7:47pm CDT
Well, good thing I preordered TRNS-01 from BBTS.

So, if they are releasing Arcee in Generations, it'll most definitely be her WFC version.

If they do release Kup, it won't be a WFC version considering he's not in it. So...I wonder?
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084818)
Posted by Blurrz on June 10th, 2010 @ 10:49pm CDT
Oh you're so vague.
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084819)
Posted by Blurrz on June 10th, 2010 @ 10:50pm CDT
... I just wish we had the more intelligent sarcastic response guy instead of generic robot response guy.
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084824)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on June 10th, 2010 @ 11:00pm CDT
Yeah I second that...and I don't know, it seems like the questions about the odd things they do(legends class trypticon...) are avoided....
Re: Hasbro's Transformers Q&A for May 2010 (1084832)
Posted by Editor on June 10th, 2010 @ 11:53pm CDT
I honestly had hoped to get a bit more in the HOF response, but at least the question was asked.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers "Cybertron Starscrea" Primus Robots in Disguise RID MINT - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 40 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers Armada Super Robot,Powerlinx Optimus Prime+mini-con+Comic Book+CD - Time Remaining: 6 days 1 hour 42 minutes 16 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE 30TH ANNIVERSARY WINDBLADE ACTION FIGURE - NEW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 42 minutes 37 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generation 1 - Series 2 1985 - Deluxe Vehicles Roadbuster - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 55 minutes
Transformers FALL OF CYBERTRON Voyager SOUNDWAVE w/Laserbeak MISB - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 57 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise - HIGHTOWER (Combiner) - Time Remaining: 13 days 1 hour 1 minute 58 seconds
Transformers Cybertron - Brimstone - Time Remaining: 13 days 18 hours 1 minute 59 seconds
Transformers Cybertron - GALAXY FORCE OPTIMUS PRIME - Time Remaining: 13 days 17 hours 1 minute 59 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #173 - Crossing The Rubicon