Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee

Transformers News: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee

Friday, April 6th, 2012 5:06PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 68,505

In the recent gallery of Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise HOT SHOT, you might have noticed that I modified Hot Shot and Bumblebee's heads so that it sits properly above his chest/shoulders. All you have to do is remove the last two teeth behind the head with an exacto knife as demonstrated in my pictures and MisterFanwank's video below. Care should be used so that you do not accidentally scar other plastic pieces. I was able to do the modification without taking the figure apart, but as you can see from the video below some might recommend that you take the figure apart.

Credit(s): MisterFanwank
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366638)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 6th, 2012 @ 5:19pm CDT

T'is what I did. :-B
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366666)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 6th, 2012 @ 6:46pm CDT
^^ Yeah, it's fixable without modding.

Now, if you find a way to fix the shoulders, you'll be a savior to the masses...
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366673)
Posted by Trikeboy on April 6th, 2012 @ 7:19pm CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:Or, the head piece actually moves independently from the gear and just push it back to make it sit correctly. :-?

T'is what I did. :-B

Yeah, honestly I don't see a difference with my unmodded Bumblebee, the hood of the car holds it down on mine with the same clearance your mod shows.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366680)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 6th, 2012 @ 7:37pm CDT
Knock Out still looks like a KO figure to me, both the paint and plastic look cheap. Hot Shot looks like he would fit better in the animated like than the prime line, not a bad looking figure but its still a pass for me.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366693)
Posted by Seibertron on April 6th, 2012 @ 7:52pm CDT
ubertenorman wrote:^^ Yeah, it's fixable without modding.

How is it fixable without modding? Might there be variants?
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366696)
Posted by ubertenorman on April 6th, 2012 @ 8:00pm CDT
I guess there could be variants, but on the one I have I can just move the head panel back further before you finish the automorph. The head plate is only friction attached to the pin attached to the gear so you can move it independently of the gears. Peaugh explains it better in his video review.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366700)
Posted by Autobot Joe on April 6th, 2012 @ 8:06pm CDT
Hot Shot looks like a robotic Koala to me.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366704)
Posted by craggy on April 6th, 2012 @ 8:27pm CDT
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366715)
Posted by Period on April 6th, 2012 @ 9:03pm CDT
There's got to be something going on because I haven't had the head issue. Mine looks really good and doesn't stick out at all.

After seeing the reviews and such I was a bit hesitant on getting him because of the issue. I transformed mine once and it slid in and down perfectly fine.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366720)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 6th, 2012 @ 9:14pm CDT
craggy wrote:I don't own the mold yet (get Hot Shot out in the UK please!) but it could be that the gears on his neck are like the gears on Megatron's weapon and whilst they do move the piece they're lined up with, there's enough give to rearrange that assembly.

Works exactly like Megatron's blades
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366762)
Posted by RAcast on April 7th, 2012 @ 12:02am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Works exactly like Megatron's blades

Precisely, and I apologize for throwing around Peaugh's reviews once again, but he does a demonstration of the quick fix method starting at around 4:00 and briefly explaining the whole thing.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366769)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on April 7th, 2012 @ 2:15am CDT
I want to like Knock Out, I really do, but the paint apps just kill it for me.

Hot Shot is the complete reverse. The paint apps on him have me sold.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366784)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 7th, 2012 @ 5:32am CDT
It's a conspiracy, I tell you. I was offered these two exact toys (plus a Bumblebee) by a sneaky Brit yesterday, and I'm very tempted by Hot Shot. Knock Out doesn't look bad either. I may have to get both.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366873)
Posted by lucas maximus on April 7th, 2012 @ 2:00pm CDT
is it just me or could hotshot double as a great skids with a head replacement?
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1366998)
Posted by funklizard on April 8th, 2012 @ 12:01am CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Knock Out still looks like a KO figure to me, both the paint and plastic look cheap.

I was just thinking how nice he might have looked if he'd been cast in dark red plastic (along the lines of DOTM Cyberverse Powerglide) with the bright red parts painted instead.

Sigh.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1367168)
Posted by bumblehide on April 8th, 2012 @ 5:38pm CDT
Knock Out looks so sleek and stylish in the show but this figure looks so bland! Reprolabels, do your stuff! :CON:
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1367417)
Posted by kirbenvost on April 9th, 2012 @ 2:10pm CDT
^That's what I'm waiting on. Not that the figure will be out here for awhile yet anyway. I like the mold well enough, but the lame paint job just really sucks. Reprolabels can save it!

Seibertron wrote:Hot Shot's face is confusing to me. When I look at the toy, the "eye brows" are the eyes to me. I completely look past his actual eyes, which are below the silver eye brows. They should have done the eyes in a yellow color or something to make them stand out from the silver. The blue just blends in with the blue of his head. No matter how many times I look at the toy, the eye brows just stare back at me.

Whoa. This whole time I didn't even know he had blue eyes under there. Maybe they should have made the eyebrows black or a darker shade of silver or something.
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1367823)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on April 10th, 2012 @ 5:27pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1367848)
Posted by RAcast on April 10th, 2012 @ 8:09pm CDT
Dark Optimum Supreme wrote:Sweet, I might have to try that. I'll probably mess it up and ruin the toy, but hey, it's Bumblebee, I'm sure a replacement will be easy to find. :lol:

It's still completely unnecessary. :\ Why risk ruining it for a pointless mod?
Re: Head modification for Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Bumblebee (1367857)
Posted by Seibertron on April 10th, 2012 @ 8:52pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

It's still completely unnecessary. :\ Why risk ruining it for a pointless mod?

I tried transforming it the way some of you have suggested and the head doesn't lay down as flat as it did after the mod, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Ending Soon On eBay

Kre-O Transformers Age of Extinction Galvatron Factory Battle Set (NEW) - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 23 minutes 32 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS VOYAGER IDW AUTOBOT WHIRL ACTION FIGURES KID TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 hours 29 minutes 45 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Blaster Black Ver) - Time Remaining: 3 days 30 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS THUNDERCRACKER HASBRO TOY - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 42 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Autobot Ratchet Allspark Blaster New 12 inch Siren & Laser Sounds - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 45 minutes 16 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go G 14 Hunter Bumblebee 4904810487609 Original New - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 47 minutes 28 seconds
Metakore Transformers Optimus Prime (Dark of the Moon Ver) figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 13 minutes 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 5 THE LAST KNIGHT AUTOBOT HOUND  PREMIER EDITION TOY MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 24 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #184 - The Search For Alpha Trion
"The Search For Alpha Trion"
Posted: Sunday, September 17th, 2017