HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake"

HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake"

Monday, May 3rd, 2010 2:51am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 45,416

You must know HeadRobots by now, the newest 3rd party company to hit the fandom. Well their first product named simply "Cobra" turned out to be a huge hit, with small fan conventions ordering their own exclusive versions from this internationally composed team of toy designers.

Highendtfs.com have started their own online store and to celebrate this they have ordered their very own exclusive repaint of the Cobra simply called "snake".

This version is not just a repaint but features also a new set of blasters, G.I. Joe fans might recognise the coloration and get the urge to cry out "Hail COBRA!"

Highendtfs.com is very happy to offer "Snake", an exclusive recolor of the popular Head Robots Cobra. Snake's color scheme is inspired by Cobra Commander. It's blue and black with a silver faceplate. This item is is being limited to 300 worldwide.

Not only does Snake sport a new color scheme, but he also has a new double-barrelled gun, which becomes a hand-held gun for Headmaster bodies when Snake is in head mode. The gun also fits Diaclone drivers as well, so they can ride Snake in cobra mode.

These should being arriving by Mid- to Late-May.

You can pre-order the Snake by clicking
here as a US customer
or here as an international customer.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): highendtf.com

Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070267)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 3rd, 2010 @ 3:54am CDT
O. M. G.
=P~

Dead Metal wrote:This is the best version!
Amazing how beloved this thing turned out to be.
The guns make this all kinds of awesome.

I agree! And that bio's a nice touch, IMO. You know what suck about this, though? There's only 300 being made!
:sad:
Only passing because of that, but maybe they can do a repaint for...isn't Mindwipe the one this mold's been modeled with? That'd be a good repaint, I think.

The reason why this sucks: I've just run across a guy on ebay user name dit138 who's got figures such as this that this'd be perfect for.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070269)
Posted by DARKAGEIS on May 3rd, 2010 @ 4:15am CDT
ha! typical i was gonna repaint mine kinda like that to!
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070276)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:13am CDT
I love it.... Makes me wanna cry....
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070280)
Posted by nemesis-prime on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:27am CDT
Awsome.. maybe a comic too
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070282)
Posted by craggy on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:36am CDT
that is the best one yet, and loving the card design. maybe a red one to mimic the COBRA logo as well?
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070301)
Posted by GEEWUN on May 3rd, 2010 @ 7:14am CDT
(Cobra commander realizes that maybe his life-size transformers collection was a bad idea)
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070303)
Posted by Forgotten on May 3rd, 2010 @ 7:19am CDT
Looks good, in head mode looks like a G1 OP headmaster unit. I checked out their site and they have some pretty good oddity deals listed. Anybody that hasn't browsed through I recommend you do so. Hell, they even have.....wait for it.....Machine Wars! And 2 of the better figures from the line for under 10 bucks too.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070315)
Posted by UltraPrimal on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:16am CDT
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070322)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 3rd, 2010 @ 8:50am CDT
Ooooh, I'm diggin this piece the most of the 3 so far. Definitely gonna nab this one as well. Now I have a Cobra TF for my collection...New fiction time!!
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070351)
Posted by King Slick on May 3rd, 2010 @ 9:39am CDT
If only I wasn't a lowly Walmart employee! I so want! HAIL NOBRA! *sees Dr. Mindbender standing ready with the "defect wrench" in hand* Err...I mean HAIL SLOPLA! ERR! HAIL GOBOA! Ah-uh...HAI *Ka-lunk*
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070369)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 3rd, 2010 @ 10:27am CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:That's so cute. I don't think I'd ever buy one of these Cobra Headmasters, but it's cute how they keep recoloring it get people to want them.

And...how many have there been now? This is the only repaint I know about.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070378)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 3rd, 2010 @ 10:49am CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

And...how many have there been now? This is the only repaint I know about.

There is this one, a Black and Red one named Nightrider, and then the is another C.O.N. exclusive one that will be released in the original proto green colors...<---pretty sure about the info on the last one. Here are the links to both articles.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ive/18406/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bra/18176/
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070417)
Posted by Editor on May 3rd, 2010 @ 12:03pm CDT
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr hack hack hack.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070430)
Posted by Tirade on May 3rd, 2010 @ 12:38pm CDT
Prime Evil wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

And...how many have there been now? This is the only repaint I know about.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ive/18406/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bra/18176/

I knew about the C.O.N. exclusive one, but I must have missed the NightRider news post. Thank you for sharing. I am going to try and get one of those evil looking little NightRiders now.

As for the Snake version, I love it. I already preordered one over at highendtfs. The price isn't too far off the first one either. The $25 includes shipping.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070444)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 3rd, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
Tirade wrote:
Prime Evil wrote:
ShGarland_1383 wrote:

And...how many have there been now? This is the only repaint I know about.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ive/18406/

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... bra/18176/

Yeah thanks for the info. Think I might have missed these too.

As for Old Snake... While I actually like this deco better than the original, I think I might have been sold on the original anyway seeing this.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070453)
Posted by Prime Evil on May 3rd, 2010 @ 1:30pm CDT
It's funny, I don't own a single headmaster figure, but I kinda want more of these lil guys. I have the 1st regular one in my POL at BBTS, but I defintely want the Nightrider and Snake piece as well. Damn this plastic crack addition!!
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070457)
Posted by El Duque on May 3rd, 2010 @ 1:33pm CDT

Thank god Hasbro doesn't stoop to these shameful tactics. Oh wait..........
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070484)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on May 3rd, 2010 @ 3:05pm CDT
Ya know, making this GI Joe related makes it even cooler!
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070491)
Posted by El Duque on May 3rd, 2010 @ 3:26pm CDT
Supreme Convoy wrote:Ya know, making this GI Joe related makes it even cooler!

Agreed, and I'm really tempted to order one. I checked a couple of hours ago and they had about 75 left.
Re: HeadRobots: New COBRA exclusive recolor announced "Snake" (1070520)
Posted by Tirade on May 3rd, 2010 @ 5:41pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
Supreme Convoy wrote:Ya know, making this GI Joe related makes it even cooler!

I couldn't help myself, I bought another 2 (in addition to the first one I pre-ordered).

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY