Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price!

Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price!

Thursday, January 12th, 2012 9:30am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 47,876

Just recently we reported the first colour images of the upcoming Hegemon figure, aka insanely cool 3rd Party G1 Megatron, and now we can give you a price and better size comparison shots.
An online store by the name of 3rd Party store has posted a pre-order page for this figure, including new images! Just click any of the images to get to the pre-order page.

The figure is slated for a June 2012 release, costs $99, weighs 1KG (roughly 2 punds), is 19 cm tall and comes with a previously unknown pick axe.

Edit, links removed for the time being.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): Daimchoc, 3rd Party store

This article was last modified on Friday, January 13th, 2012 12:49am CST

Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332795)
Posted by omega666 on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:34am CST
$99 is doable. I will get. I would like to see him next to a classics Prime and Megatron. >:oP
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332797)
Posted by Delicon on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:35am CST
I'd really like to see more pics of him next to Classicsverse figs but this may very well be the first 3rd party toy I've purchased in quite some time.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332798)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:37am CST
Taking from previous pictures, My guess is that his sword splits into pieces, and makes different combinations. That pickaxe is part of the sword. At least, I think so. :D
$99 Aint bad.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332802)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:46am CST
I will plunk down the $99 for this fig for sure..
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332807)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:57am CST
...this figure is AWESOME :) and with that pricetag, I'm down! :CON:
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332808)
Posted by DJrasmo on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:59am CST
Assuming his production run is at least as good in appearance as these teasers, and:

1. quality materials (NON-cheap, "heavy" plastic)
2. no major QC issues

I am totally already on board for this...at a hundred bucks easily worth the most quality Megs we have seen in a LONG time.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332810)
Posted by Omegatron10 on January 12th, 2012 @ 9:59am CST
Personally i never really the 3rd party figures, not interested in getting the insecticons or primes etc...

But... THIS I WANT TO GET!!! he looks awesome but im a bit concerned about the size of him he appears to be half the size of the MP prime so he would be just smaller than galvatron??
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332814)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:06am CST
He looks pretty good. I'm not to worried about the scale thing, scale has never really bothered me. Really the only things I would change are the clear plastic and maybe find a better way to hide the trigger on his back.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332816)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:15am CST
99 bucks? I think I'll wait for the MP that will surely happen
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332819)
Posted by Xephon0930 on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:19am CST
Takara Masterpiece line,listen well and take notes. This is how a potential Masterpiece Megatron 2.0 can be done. And just to get this out of the way,here are some Masterpieces I would go shoot for next.....

-Soundwave+all the cassettes.i.e. Ravage,Laserbeak,Frenzy and Rumble
-A REAL Ultra Magnus and not just a crummy repaint of Optimus Prime,so help you Primus!!!!
-Galvatron-Rodimus needs a bad guy to bitch abo-Imean kick his ass with.
-ANY Citybot such as Metroplex and Fortress Maximus
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332825)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:29am CST
Come on, they have to know that the one picture every fan wants to see is him next to classics/henkei Prime. Make it happen!

As for size, I have my FP insecticons right next to my classics Megatron and it does appear to no be too far off from the size of the classics version.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332828)
Posted by sky_fire12 on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:35am CST
damn it !! i was really hoping he would go in scale with MP-10. I really wish Takara would make a Megatron that looked like he didnt have skinny legs or at least have better articulation
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332837)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on January 12th, 2012 @ 10:51am CST
Really impressive. I'm pretty happy with my United Megatron (and his G2 incarnation, Classics Megatron ;) ) so I'm not sure I'll be dropping $99 on it, especially considering the amount of other 3rd party characters I need to catch up on (Fansproject Insecticons and Maketoys Giant, mostly). I guess it depends mostly on plastic quality and any mold issues once people start getting their hands on him. Still though, top-notch from what I can see here.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332847)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on January 12th, 2012 @ 11:09am CST
Hasbro and Takara take note! This will be my new classic Megatron.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332849)
Posted by Ravage XK on January 12th, 2012 @ 11:10am CST
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332852)
Posted by cylor on January 12th, 2012 @ 11:16am CST
Ravage XK wrote:Awesome. I hope he is packed on robot mode with no mention of the gun mode on the box so that customs dont get all twitchy over it.

^This
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332863)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 12th, 2012 @ 11:36am CST
Hmmm. So he's not Masterpiece size for either Prime... I wonder if there IS a Prime that he pairs up with well. I'd like to see a comparison pic with Classics Prime.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332883)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on January 12th, 2012 @ 12:22pm CST
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332884)
Posted by dinogeist on January 12th, 2012 @ 12:26pm CST
the newest pics next to voyager TF Prime make no sense. because this 3rd party megatron is only a half a head taller than TF Prime voyager prime.

the puzzling part is the newest pics/info list this 3rd party megatron at 19 CM tall. that translates to 7.5 inches tall.

their is no way that TF Prime's voyager prime is around 7 inches tall.

PLEASE IF SOMEONE HAS A TF PRIME VOYAGER PRIME. Then PLEASE can you get a tape measure & measure the robot mode from head to toe. not from toe to smokestacks in robot mode.

another puzzling factor is that yesterday the 3rd party megatron was shown next to 4 hercules constructicons. and the 3rd party megatron was chest,shoulders,head taller than these third party constructicons.

if the 19 cm is true,then this puts the 3rd party megatron at 7.5 tall voyager/USA Ultra size scale.

if the 19 CM is true for this 3rd party megatron. then this means those hercules constructicons,some are deluxe size & some are short voyager size like animated lugnutz height. if this 19 cm is true then that TF Prime voyager prime is a very tall voyager 7 inch robot mode.

With all that said above,i'm gonna buy this 19 cm 3rd party megatron in june 2012. i was hoping it would come out before march 2012.

getting back to size,i was hoping it would be at least 8 inches tall in robot mode. so it could be a similar size scale to faith leader who is around 7 & 3/4 inches tall in robot mode. i was dreaming it would be AEC 9 inches leader size but somehow knew that was just a pipe dream based of the fact all the pics showed a robot mode that just wasn't wide nor bulky enough to merit leader toy bulk + wideness in robot mode.

i'm gonna wait & pray bbts.com gets this for pre-order. as they are the only site i trust.
Re: Hegemon (3rd party Megatron) update: more images, size comparison and price! (1332885)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 12th, 2012 @ 12:34pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:I'll wait till people get their hands on him to find out what the QC factors are. He does look grand but I wish they would have done a better job with the back of his legs instead of leaving them looking hollowed out. :VEHI:

Just making the plastic opaque would make the back of the legs look much better.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "New Transformers Gernerations Cyber Battalion Series JETFIRE Walgreens Exclusive" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS CYBERTRONIAN VILLAINS SHARKTICONS/STEALTH FORCE HOTROD" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblee includes Coin US Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Topspin Lowes Nascar w/ Armored Topspin's Guns" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Trypticon Action Figure Decepticon City Hasbro/Takara 1986 Works" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Alchemist Prime NIB Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Shatter Studio Series #40 Transformers Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alchemist Prime Power of the Primes 2017 2" Figure w/ Head MISP" on EBAY