HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed

Transformers News: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed

Wednesday, July 7th, 2010 3:31PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 94,818

In similar colors to Offroad Ironhide back in the 2007 Movie toyline, ROTF Recon Ironhide has been repainted for the upcoming Hunt For The Decepticons toyline. This figure is rather unknown, as nothing at BotCon or ToyFair has signaled it's release. While the figure has no name as of yet, the teal accents, navy blue color scheme, grey weapons, and mud effect - it could be assumed that it will be called Offroad Ironhide. Courtesy of Transformers insider TFclub, check out this upcoming repaint over at Taobao or in the pictures below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): TFclub
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095090)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 7th, 2010 @ 3:37pm CDT
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095101)
Posted by gantzrunner on July 7th, 2010 @ 3:52pm CDT
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095102)
Posted by MagnaBlade on July 7th, 2010 @ 3:53pm CDT
The darker grey color for all the weapons looks a lot better to me than the lighter ones on the original. I may consider getting this one.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095104)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 7th, 2010 @ 3:56pm CDT
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095111)
Posted by Blurrz on July 7th, 2010 @ 4:06pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:The funny thing is, I was actually thinking of this earlier today. This is probably a stupid question as we've seen pictures before, but is he a slight remold of the Deluxe figure, or a complete new mold? :???:

These Ironhides are Voyager class. This is a repaint of Recon Ironhide, which itself itself is a heavy remold of 2007 Movie Ironhide.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095123)
Posted by Malicron on July 7th, 2010 @ 4:45pm CDT
Didn't I see him in Mad Max?
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095124)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 7th, 2010 @ 4:48pm CDT
gantzrunner wrote:Seriously...? I mean while it's not the worst repaint by far I'm starting to think that ironhide will be repainted every color EXCEPT red by the time the 3rd movie toys are out. (legends and fast action battlers don't count!) Hasbro knows it has g1 fans so why not a red ironhide..a blue skids... we got our starscream ratchet jazz and others but poor ironhide keeps getting skipped!

I feel the same way. As soon as I saw this I thought "WTF? Why always blue?". Still a pass until I see him in red.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095130)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 7th, 2010 @ 5:14pm CDT
The rear doors look a bit awkward without the mud effects, in vehicle mode at least.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095144)
Posted by omega666 on July 7th, 2010 @ 5:52pm CDT
What, Hasbro has never heard of RED? :BOOM:
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095147)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:04pm CDT
Wow. Another redeco of this guy? Ooof.

By the time TF3 hits theaters, the 3rd movie's Voyager should fall apart just by looking at it, and the pins will probably be removed like they were on Voyager Optimus.

Seriously, these movie molds have been to Hell and back, and it's only reasonable that they won't hold together forever, especially considering how intricate they are.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095150)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:12pm CDT
may get this one or recon, ironhide is the only member of the 07 movie cast i dont have
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095151)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:15pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:

Oh, it's a Voyager? I could have sworn it looked like a Deluxe-sized Ironhide. My bad :lol: I would rather see this version in RED
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095156)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
He's actually nice looking for a repaint, and like '07 Off-road IH the details really stand out with this color scheme much better than the original.

I think I'll put him on the "maybe" list next to Sea Ravage.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095161)
Posted by Covenant on July 7th, 2010 @ 6:55pm CDT
Red. How hard is this? One non-FAB Movie Ironhide in RED.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095165)
Posted by Stockade on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:07pm CDT
I'm just like everyone else on this board IH should be RED!! no doubt about it... And i only have the 07 Off-Road IH, the orginal wasnt around alot and the premium was far worse trying to find where i live and even now, the Recon version i've only seen about 4 or 5 of him and those wasn't great, the rest has been the ROTF version. Anyway, this is nice and may consider since i only have one IH in my ranks and no repaints of the 07 mold or the current mold...
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095171)
Posted by Overcracker on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:15pm CDT
Loving this version, more so that the zebra striped original Recon.

I'd definitely want to pick him up.

So lets see we have so far from this mold:
Movie Ironhide
Movie Offroad Ironhide
Movie Premium Ironhide

ROTF Ironhide
ROTF Recon Ironhide
Hunt for the Decepticons Offroad Recon Ironhide. Talk about a mouthful.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095177)
Posted by Mkall on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
heh. Still not red.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095178)
Posted by griftimus prime on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:33pm CDT
looks ok but i just bought the other one so i will pass. i love how its loaded up with weapons. they need to make more like this
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095179)
Posted by Flashwave on July 7th, 2010 @ 7:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I have the original Offroad Ironhide and planned on skipping Recon Ironhide. This blue repaint looks yummy though... What is it with me and my love for repaints over originals?

Hmm. ike the mold, like the colors, don't have Zebrahide, So now to call this guy Motormouth or Turbofire? Heh heh.
Re: HFTD Recon Ironhide Repaint Revealed (1095200)
Posted by Starparu on July 7th, 2010 @ 8:51pm CDT
Well I never liked the colors of Recon Ironhide so i decided to pass, but this blue repaint has really attracted me. I am definitely going to get this.

-Starparu-
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

You save: 49%
You save: 36%
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 29%
You save: 22%
Buy "Playskool Mr. Potato Head Transformers Mixable Mashable Heroes as Starscream Robot, 2-Inch" on AMAZON
You save: 20%
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations combiner wars deluxe protectobot groove" on AMAZON
You save: 20%