IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations

IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations

Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 11:37pm CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Press Releases
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 113,120

What's in store for Transformers comic fans in November? Only four releases in the second last month of the year. Transformers (Ongoing) continues with the 13th issue in the series, and movie-verse series set far in the past - Sector 07 has it's 3rd issue. Optimus and Megatron had their fun, and now it's Grimlock's time in his own collection with Transformers: Best of Grimlock. Finally there's a paperback for Transformers: Nefarious. You can check out the rest of IDW's solicitations at their website!

TRANSFORMERS #13
Mike Costa (w) • Nick Roche (a) • Don Figueroa, Roche (c)
RODIMUS might be impulsive, but he’s not stupid. The last anyone saw of him, he was rocketing off Earth in disgrace and a stolen ship. In this issue we finally see where he went, what his plan was, and which long-absent DECEPTICONS he came up against. Mike Costa and fan-favorite artist Nick Roche deliver a stand-alone issue that sets up the entire second year of the hit ongoing series.
*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Best of Grimlock
Simon Furman, Bob Budiansky (w) • Don Figueroa, more (a) • Klaus Scherwinski (c)
When it comes to the DINOBOTS, GRIMLOCK is the boss. Maybe not the brightest 'bot from CYBERTRON, he could very well be the strongest, and most committed to whatever offensive he’s been directed to complete. To his team, he is a stalwart leader, unknowing of fear. Now read more about GRIMLOCK in this collection of his greatest stories.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 144 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-786-3

TRANSFORMERS: Sector 7 #3 (of 5)
John Barber (w) • Joe Suitor (a) • Brian Rood (c)
Let us tell you a story of two bank robbers named Bonnie and Clyde--and their transforming death car! When young Margo Simmons helps her estranged father investigate mysterious rumors in Texas, she finds herself caught up in jailbreaks, Tommy-guns, and nonstop action as she tracks down the legendary outlaws and comes face to face with the most vicious Transformer ever made!
FC • 32 pages • $3.99

TRANSFORMERS: Nefarious
Simon Furman (w) • Carlos Magno (a & c)
The sequel to TRANSFORMERS: REVENGE OF THE FALLEN starts here! What is The Initiative? More to the point, why doesn’t the all-seeing SOUNDWAVE know anything about it? How did they come to reanimate/control RAVAGE? SOUNDWAVE must find the answers, and he’ll destroy anything in his path to get them! The big screen adventures of the TRANSFORMERS continue.
TPB • FC • $19.99 • 148 Pages • ISBN: 978-1-60010-787-0

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1114925)
Posted by _Anshin_ on August 19th, 2010 @ 6:17am CDT
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1114948)
Posted by dragons on August 19th, 2010 @ 7:26am CDT
so thats how bonnie & clyde became famous :KREMZEEK: that bot behind them looks like jazz very close in the head & in body.

like that cover with starscream & rodimus
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115029)
Posted by ceratoformers3 on August 19th, 2010 @ 10:04am CDT
Don's new style makes it look they all have beards. To me at least anyways. :D
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115047)
Posted by partholon on August 19th, 2010 @ 10:47am CDT
_Anshin_ wrote:Anyone know where I can buy the Ongoing series? Has the TPB come out yet? I picked up 13 and now I would like to find out what happened in 1-12

first trade is out now so you should be able to get it in any comic shop or online on amazon or play.com

that has the first 6

the second one wont be out till december. i think around the 28th or so but im not certain on the specific date.
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115064)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 19th, 2010 @ 11:36am CDT
I have to admit that this issue of Sector 7 makes me really interested in the series as a whole. Not interested enough to not wait for the TPB, but enough to make me want the TPB when it comes out.

RODIMUS might be impulsive, but he’s not stupid.

Yes. Yes, he is. And from how IDW's pimped this issue, he's about to get a total frontal lobotomy.
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115086)
Posted by BeastWars 4ever on August 19th, 2010 @ 12:22pm CDT
Ongoing really looks interesting. Can't wait!
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115212)
Posted by Chupacabra Convoy on August 19th, 2010 @ 5:38pm CDT
Wow, that cover for the ongoing looks awesome, and with Nick Roche drawing it, I think it definitely be a solid buy art wise, and since it is supposed to be a self contained issue, I hope it's got plenty of action.

Also Starscream with the Matrix holding down Rodimus like Galvatron in the Animated movie is just WIN for me.
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115265)
Posted by _Anshin_ on August 19th, 2010 @ 8:17pm CDT
partholon wrote:

that has the first 6

Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115268)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on August 19th, 2010 @ 8:21pm CDT
Man, I'm loving that Starscream & Rodimus cover!
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115391)
Posted by Bobton03 on August 20th, 2010 @ 5:58am CDT

- Bob
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1115393)
Posted by Blurrz on August 20th, 2010 @ 6:02am CDT
Bobton03 wrote:The #13 cover for the 'Ongoing' series looks great, but I have one question: Why are we back to having the 'Ongoing' Transformers resemble those from the movie(s)? The 'Ongoing' series started off like this and I did not like it. Why not establish a "look" for Transformers -- like the one established by not only Marvel, Dreamwave, and the first few years of IDW story arcs, and stick with it? All I want is artistic continuity!!!

- Bob

Don just does the cover, I'm pretty sure the art inside the comic is Guidi's stuff.
Re: IDW Publishing - November 2010 Transformers Comic Solicitations (1126640)
Posted by Rodimus_Major86 on September 20th, 2010 @ 8:58am CDT
It's neat that Rodimus is making an appearance after the shameful way he left. I'm a little concerned with Roche being the artist for this issu.

I don't have anything against Roche as an artist, he is entitled to his own style and forms of creativity but personally I find his designs a little over-the-top cartoony. Given the movie-verse styled designs Don worked hours on end to create, it gave the transformers a very unique and realistic look (my GOD why didn't Bay use designs like this!?). I wish they had Kept Don on this series, it's hard to adjust from the realistic badass look of Don's bots to the G1-style look of Guido's bots. Given they still maintain some of Don's designs (Optimus, Bumblebee, Thundercracker) while others have shifted back to G1.

With Roche on the art for this, I'm very concerned, why couldn't they have brought Don back for this issue. I know Roche is a Rodimus fan (I think) but in all honesty it's just too 'toony' for me. I'd like to see Don back on the act, or get Milne to do a couple issues

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "2007 SDCC Exclusive Transformers Alternators Ford GT Rodimus MISB" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2013 SDCC JOECON SNAKE EYES!! TRANSFORMERS CROSSOVER!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON PIN BY TOM WHALEN MONDO 2019 SDCC COMIC CON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers metroplex sdcc titan class MISB" on EBAY
Buy "POO SHAM; Transformers BotBots 2018, Toilet Troop" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Trailbreaker Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots: Meet High Tide [Passport to Reading]" on EBAY