IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview

Sunday, July 14th, 2019 12:21AM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Stargrave   Views: 17,577

Also manifesting over on iTunes is a two page previews of IDW's Transformers Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron #2! Check out the images below and let us know your thoughts on the series in the forum.

"“GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON” Part 2! Okay. So. It seems as though there are giant robots who can disguise themselves as vehicles out there in the universe, and, as it happens, one of them has taken the place of Ecto-1. When the Ghostbusters discover this replacement, they naturally have a lot of questions—and this time, even the boys in gray might not believe the answers!"
by Erik Burnham & Dan Schoening
GENRE: Comics & Graphic Novels
AVAILABLE: 2019, July 17
LANGUAGE: EN-English
LENGTH:31Pages
PUBLISHER: IDW Publishing
SELLER: Idea and Design Works, LLC
SIZE: 22.1MB
Transformers News: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview

Transformers News: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview
Credit(s): itunes
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2028807)
Posted by DeathReviews on July 14th, 2019 @ 12:32pm CDT
Nice that they kept Ray's wont for prolixity...
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2029752)
Posted by Stargrave on July 17th, 2019 @ 2:48pm CDT
Thanks to comics website Graphic Policy we have the full preview for Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron #2! The title follows the adventures of our favorite Cybertronians meeting the inconic phantom fighters of the 80's the Ghostbusters! And in this issue we get to see how a spectral Starscream matches up against one of the most destructive proton accelerators ever strapped to a back. Who will win? The title is written by Erik Burnham with art by Dan Shoening.

Are you enjoying the series so far? This is only a five issue storyline and the pace appears to be moving at a steady clip. Share your enjoyment or woes for the series in the forum and don't forget to stay tuned to Seibertron for all your Transformers news!

Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2029770)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on July 17th, 2019 @ 3:07pm CDT
Looks good! Loved issue 1 more than I thought I would. Gonna have to make my way down to the closest comic book store (6 miles) and pick it up.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2029836)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 17th, 2019 @ 7:24pm CDT
Carry on my Wayward Son
A Seibertron.com Review of IDW Transformers Ghostbusters #2

So, are you ready to believe us?

The Road So Far

After a pretty dang nice opening to the series, Issue 2 of Transformers Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron lands! Does it live up to the first issue? Or does it fall into the pitless void that many issue #2's have? well, let's find out!

Hopefully no one died reading issue 1 and reads this one as a ghost

Issue 2 pretty much takes place entirely in 1 staging area, with a short jump to a secondary location. And while that may seem like a boring setup, it is actually a nice get-together with some nice introductions to group dynamics and also some set up for later issues, without being too overly convoluted and boring.

The Ghostbusters crew takes center stage this issue, and the Ghostbuster fan inside me was delighted with how they all played out together: Egon with his wonderful scientific skepticism, Peter as the wise cracker who definitely gets the best on-liners, Winston as the more grounded member who also gets some great one-liners, and Ray who leads the team and tries his best to handle the situation around him. The group dynamic is strong and fun, and I really hope the Ghostbusters fandom is happy, because I am.

I'd be more excited if we got free Proton Packs

On the Transformers side of things, we only get 2 characters for most of the book, but we get a better feel for Eck and what he's been up to and what he normally deals with and how important the current mission is for him. We also get some awesome Starscream, and he certainly lives up to the Ghostbusters expectations!

Come on Starscream, I'm trying to make you look good!

We also get a flashback to the introduction of issue 1, showing the effects of Gozer unleashed. We also get some classic Decepticon moments, and a few more nice 86 movie homages in ways that are very much different but entertaining.

While it may not seem like much was done, the group as a whole felt like a good fun ride, and it has helped set up Eck as a member of the team and also gives us some more prompts and questions, making you wonder where things are truly meant to go in this book

Art

Dan Schoening impressed me in issue 1 of the series, and he follows up issue 1 with an equally as fun issue 2. It's fun to see the cartoon aesthetic attached to Eck, though I still insist that the robot heads are a bit too small for their bodies. But that is a minor thing, I can't be too hard on a guy who is drawings Transformers with almost no experience doing so, especially when his Ghostbusters crew has a great style themselves. It's hard for the bots to blend in with that, OK?

But Starscream really shines and he is my favorite of the Transformers half of the party, as is a little surprise guest that I will leave you folks with finding out who that is.

The Ghostbusters crew look good as well, and I really appreciate the facial expressions they have. If tiny robot heads are the weakness, the human facial expressions are the strengths. Well done Dan, I love seeing the smirks, the grins, the "sigh here we go again" looks. It's fun to look at! The backgrounds fill out the artwork well too.

Heed his warning, or he'll talk, and you already can't be talked to death because you're a ghost

Colors are shining once more thanks to Luis Antonio Delgado, and the proton streams and the surprise character are real shining points for the colors. Give me some more of that please! I really appreciate the background trees as well. It is a simple matter relatively speaking, but a very nice feature.

Lettering is done by Tom B. Long, and he continues his great work allowing us to view all the joys of the issue and giving us some great angry Starscream spirit.

In Conclusion

Welcome aboard Rookie!

Another really good episode guys, a joy to read!

Transformers Ghostbusters has started out as a silly comic that I am enjoying reading that is giving us a look at a cool new character who got a pretty sweet toy, a classic crew we all love, and a bot that can fit right in with them. It is an enjoyable read, it doesn't have a shock value trick to it, it's exactly what you would expect, and sometimes, that's just what you need.

Keep it up guys, I'm ready to see 5 streams crossing again!

:KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: out of :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2029962)
Posted by Big Grim on July 18th, 2019 @ 10:23am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2030781)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 21st, 2019 @ 8:47pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:I've been enjoying this and thanks to it, I've used comixologies sales to buy pretty much all of IDWs Ghostbusters stuff. It's almost all really, really good. They include the videogame and still refer to the player character as the Rookie. They also fold in Infestation with Britt and the zombies. It's been fun. Recommended if you're a Ghostbusters fan.

Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031331)
Posted by Big Grim on July 24th, 2019 @ 9:20am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:i've been thinking about delving deeper into some of the IDW GB stuff. I really like what I've seen from this creative team

Having read everything barring the first prime omnibus (because I couldn't find it on Comixology), I've really, really enjoyed it. The crossovers with the TMNT were also a lot of fun and both series call back to these meetings throughout the run.

Highly recommended mate.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031403)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 24th, 2019 @ 6:21pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:

Highly recommended mate.

I think I am going to have to.

time to go shopping
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031519)
Posted by Big Grim on July 25th, 2019 @ 12:24pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I think I am going to have to.

time to go shopping

Awesome! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did! :)
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031657)
Posted by Stargrave on July 25th, 2019 @ 11:06pm CDT
Just in from iTunes is a three page preview of the upcoming Transformers/Ghostbusters: Ghosts of Cybertron limited series! Sounds like anyone who has found this book so far is wishing this would become an ongoing series. In this preview we get to see a humorous interaction between Ectronymous Diamatron and Janine and learn where his new nickname comes from.

Let us know if you've picked up the book yet and if you're enjoying it or not in the forums. If you're a child of the 80's or a fan of retro nostalgia this is right up your alley. Enjoy the preview and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

From the iTunes description:
Transformers/Ghostbusters #3
Erik Burnham & Dan Schoening

Pre-Order
Expected Aug 7, 2019
$3.99
Publisher Description
“GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON”, PART 3! The 35th anniversary meeting between Transformers and Ghostbusters continues! Ectotron came to Earth and found a situation far more complicated than he was expecting, which means Optimus Prime is going to need to be brought into the picture. But until Optimus can arrive, Ectotron takes the opportunity to join the Ghostbusters on a case and observe the paranormal. And don’t forget about the ghost of Starscream!"

Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031670)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 26th, 2019 @ 3:23am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031674)
Posted by Big Grim on July 26th, 2019 @ 7:19am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I dp love how they nailed the cast here, though my mind keeps throwing two different voices at me for Peter Venkman, Bill Murray and the guy from the first couple of seasons of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon :lol:

Having read the Ghostbusters comics, the Real Ghostbusters are from another dimension. ;)

Blonde Egon confuses them. :D
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031693)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031695)
Posted by Coptur on July 26th, 2019 @ 9:47am CDT
#Sideways# wrote:I thought the painting of Vigo was transformed into a mural of the Ghostbusters and the kid?

In the comics Vigo is able to come back making the mural only temporary.
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031799)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 26th, 2019 @ 6:27pm CDT
Big Grim wrote:

Blonde Egon confuses them. :D

I've not watched much of the Real Ghostbusters, so all I keep hearing are the original 4 guys.

I love it so much, they nailed the voices and personalities. I am thoroughly enjoying it all
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031857)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 27th, 2019 @ 2:59am CDT
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2031909)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 27th, 2019 @ 9:34am CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'd heartily recommend you check out a few episodes D-Max! There's even one where they go to Hollywood because someone is making a movie about them... They don't seem too impressed with the cast list (it's the real cast list... They even play a bit of the actual movie at the end! Not the library ghost but where Venkman is doing psychic testing)

Maybe I will! Is there a place to watch them online somewhere? are they on youtube?

also learned last night that there are apparently 2 volumes of TMNT/GB crossovers? I almost both both, but I'm waiting to make a large Amazon purchase for about another 3 weeks
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2032084)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 28th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
Yup, they're on there, and you get a choice of watching legally or not. It's a shame that the Network execs had to mess with the show (largely due to unbased fears that the show was going to turn kids into occult fanatics)
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2032527)
Posted by Big Grim on July 30th, 2019 @ 12:37pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I am thoroughly enjoying it all

I'm really glad you are. I love it all! :)

D-Maximal_Primal wrote:also learned last night that there are apparently 2 volumes of TMNT/GB crossovers?

Indeed. They're both good though I feel the first is best but they are both very worth while, especially if you read TMNT too as they tie it to their respective series without being obtrusive.

~ Grim
Re: IDW Transformers Ghostbusters Number 2 Preview (2033568)
Posted by Stargrave on August 7th, 2019 @ 12:09am CDT
Thanks to Spook Central on Facebook we have a full preview for the upcoming Transformers/Ghostbusters Ghosts of Cybertron issue #3. As reported previously this issue will reveal the origin of Ectotron's name and shows what Starscream gets for acting like Starscream around the wrong Ghostbuster. The issue is written by Erik Burnham with art by Dan Schoening and is expected in stores tomorrow August 7th. Presented here are the three variant covers for the issue with art by Dan Schoening for cover A, Nick Roche for cover B, and Philip Murphy for the retail incentive cover.

Enjoy the preview images for issue #3 below and keep reading to check out the incentive cover for issue #4 by artist Chris Panda.

Thanks to our own ScottyP we've learned of the incentive cover for issue #4 by Chris Panda over at Previews World. Previews World also provides a nice brief summary of what to expect in the upcoming issue (see below). Anyone wanting to avoid spoilers for issue #4 should stop reading now. The issue is expected in stores September 4th.

As always share your thoughts with the Seibertron crew in the forums and stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news.

Here's Previews World's rundown of the issue:
"GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON", PART 4! The Ghostbusters and their Autobot allies search the greater New York City area for the missing ghost of Starscream-and discover something much worse has been drawn to Earth. Can our heroes overcome this evil ectoplasmic entity before it utterly annihilates everything in order to achieve its ends? Find out in the penultimate chapter of this team up for the ages: TRANSFORMERS/GHOSTBUSTERS "GHOSTS OF CYBERTRON" #4!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "Medal, Coin, Transformers Barricade Commemorative Medal COIN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Dreadwind and Darkwing" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Front Section Hasbro part original 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Trypticon Brunt Left And Right Tread 1986" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers g1 reissue walmart Minibot Bumblebee,outback,tailgate,swerve...." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Scrapmetal Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Premiere Deluxe WWII BUMBLEBEE (26) Brand New HTF" on EBAY