This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up!

Transformers News: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up!

Friday, August 28th, 2009 11:52AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Knock Offs
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 50,586

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Fan company i-Gear known for their Autoscout figure have updated their site with an on-line store complete with pre-orders for their upcoming partner product of a miniature Master Piece Optimus Prime. But this is not all they also have a pre-order for a limited to 500 pieces Nemesis Prime version of this toy.
These pre-orders also give us our first idea of when the figure will be available for purchase and how much they will cost.
The release date is quoted as being November 2009 for the Optimus Prime version and February 2010 for the Nemesis Prime version. The prices are $95 for the Optimus Prime version and $80 for the Nemesis Prime version.

To pre-order you have to visit the online store and follow the instructions.

Seibertron.com would like to inform you of the fact that although these figures are of a smaller size and feature new heads and hands, they still are considered Knock Offs of the original and legendary figures created by Hasbro and Takara so the quality on these is not guaranteed nor is this product endorsed by us.

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!
Credit(s): i-Gear, Boy At Large

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984566)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:14pm CDT
Don't support direct thievery guys.

A lot of people between Hasbro and Takara worked hard to engineer MP Convoy.

These jerks at iGear are really just stealing their work entirely.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984572)
Posted by UltraPrimal on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:19pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Don't support direct thievery guys.

A lot of people between Hasbro and Takara worked hard to engineer MP Convoy.

These jerks at iGear are really just stealing their work entirely.

Agreed. Besides, $95 for an undersized KO?! Does it even have any diecast in it? You might as well just buy a real MP Convoy.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984574)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:20pm CDT
I wish they would just release the hands and head in original size on their own, I would so love to have an MP Prime with those attached.

And I knew that these would cost about the same as the real deal.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984580)
Posted by Editor on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:23pm CDT
For what it is, and what they are charging. This is just unnecessary. The fan items are one thing but this is just taunting Has/Tak to come after them.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984585)
Posted by Ravage XK on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:26pm CDT
Agreed, I'd rather they concentrated on their own work rather than ripping off someone elses.

Lets send them a message, they have gone a step too far.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984587)
Posted by Mach on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:27pm CDT
Although once and while i reported updates on these, but it never cross my mind that i will ever get this, not even one second....
I mean i have a perfect MP toy from Takara, why i need that?
Talk about scale, TF toys never ever been in scale... so really unnecessary for me.
That kind of money, I can invest in some exclusive deluxe toys or whatever...
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984588)
Posted by Forgotten on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:29pm CDT
No way am I buying this, i'd much rather pay a little more to the people who DESIGNED THE TOY and get a full size MP-01B Black Convoy. I enjoy 3rd party offerings like FP Commander and TFC gears of war( I think that's right) gun set for classics universe. They put a lot of time, money & thought into making dare i say niche products for fans. I mean my Shadow Commander is probably my favorite Transformer I have next to MP-5( I know it's a problematic clunker but I love my accurate G1 Megs). So i'm not saying I don't like 3rd party toys altogether, just not in this circumstance.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984597)
Posted by Mkall on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:34pm CDT
I do not support this figure.

Direct rip-off in my opinion.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984599)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:37pm CDT
@ CP. My sentiments exactly! Though I'm one of those who support 3rd party upgrade/customs. This one crosses the line. This is a RIP-OFF! If when I do purchase KO's it's because the original isn't available.

Heck maybe in the future I just might buy the iGear Ark Playset but this mini-me MP is just plain outright IP violation to the max.I for one own an original MP-01 Convoy, though lately, I've seen a lot of the BL/KO of him, never even considered getting one....because the original was available.

And the price is well for that price you can buy yourself an original TF product.

I hope this won't be the feather that breaks the camel's back and gets HasTak riled up to go after other companies like FP.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984600)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:39pm CDT
Love how last week, these color photos where just some photoshop job to see what they would look like. This week, they're iGear promo shots. Not a hope in hell I'd buy something like this without seeing an official piece, especially when iGear's quality is unproven.

Not really a hope in hell anyway-I'll save that 95 bucks and apply it to next spring's Takara version, the real thing.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984607)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:48pm CDT
I love the fact that a few weeks ago we where praising this thing and now that we know more about it we all gang up on it! :lol:
But what you guys have to keep in mind is this, this is only manufactured by i-Gear as they where contracted to do so by a Chinese fan.

But I love how i-Gear announces and shows off awesome self designed products and then start to sell KOs.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984608)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:48pm CDT
Agreed. iGear should literally stick to their guns as in accessories (heard some complaints and didn't buy their GOW set anyway). Or maybe their playsets, Kremzeek and maybe mini-me Sharkticon (is the figure still copyrighted anyway?) and Grimlock's crown. Vector Sigma! I hope those guy's will reconsider this release...........very dangerous precedent which might get HasTak charging with their battery of corporate lawyers........the worst kind of slug this side of Kolkular.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984625)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 1:02pm CDT
I really like the anime-ish head sculpt with the exaggerated features like the more angled ear-headwing-thingies. For a KO, the prototypes at least look really spot on for design replication. The fact that it'll be plastic in construction means it should hold up to moderate handling so it's not just going to be transformed once and posed for a year at a time.

BUT the price and the fact that it is a substitute for MP OP(despite being slightly smaller in scale), which in one form or another is still available through online stores, just nullifies my motivation. I'm not going to lie, this is VERY tempting for me. If it was say a $60 figure, I'd consider buying it. I could have a MP-01 for purely display and the mini figure for a display figure that I could fiddle around with without fear of accidental damage. The fact that the prototypes show such detail in copying the original is, again, tempting to me.

It's a blatant copy of the MP-01 design, yes and the discussion of unofficial 3rd party producs is already taking place in another thread. However, my main criticism of it is that iGear is being kind of stupid in this. They're taking a bath in chum before diving into shark infested waters. I say if you're going to do something like this, be smart about it, not that I'm condoning or supporting anything. If there's one thing I dislike more than doing something that I feel is wrong is doing something that is wrong in a stupid way. I can at least respect cunning.

Dead Metal wrote:I wish they would just release the hands and head in original size on their own, I would so love to have an MP Prime with those attached.

I think this is a great idea. iGear would still be able to put out a product but not as an inviting target as a full figure creation. I think that an alternate head sculpt and hands set would actually sell way more than the full figure in the long run, provided that the price was reasonable. Such an accessory set would add even more motivation for me to hunt down an MP-01 or 04.

Whether or not Hasbro/Takara is going to do a thing about it, this must have raised a few eyebrows and I'm sure this is one of the more heavy straws on the camel's back that are steadily piling up.

Should there ever be a focused effort to stem the sales and activity of unofficial products, I imagine this particular product would be among those singled out as the more guilty examples because let's face it, this is more obtrusive than a weapon accessory kit such as the TFX-ABT-01.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984636)
Posted by Nexus Prime 79 on August 28th, 2009 @ 1:23pm CDT
Gotta agree with most of the above. This is nothing but overpriced KO and a open invitation for Has/Tak to go after the 3rd party producers. Still wondering has iGEAR even shipped any of their products?
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984646)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 28th, 2009 @ 1:33pm CDT
$95 for Optimus?!? That's almost as much as I paid for the real MP-01 when it came out! Less than a year ago I got MP-02 for only $115!

These things are pure theft! %50 from Hasbro/ %50 from us!

Screw that noise!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984659)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 28th, 2009 @ 1:53pm CDT
too expensive..

not that I had the money anyways...

however..should anyone buy this item, be cautious of who you tell, from the looks of things you may get a fandom lynching.. :shock:
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984676)
Posted by Kibble on August 28th, 2009 @ 2:09pm CDT
I wonder if these will actually see the light of day... Unlike a more underground KO operation, it seems this wouldn't exactly be the most difficult thing to track down and put a stop to.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984698)
Posted by Bumlbemister333 on August 28th, 2009 @ 2:50pm CDT
UltraPrimal wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Don't support direct thievery guys.

A lot of people between Hasbro and Takara worked hard to engineer MP Convoy.

These jerks at iGear are really just stealing their work entirely.

Agreed. Besides, $95 for an undersized KO?! Does it even have any diecast in it? You might as well just buy a real MP Convoy.


Yah, but MP Convoys are really hard to find for a good price, and I'm not a big Transformers spender. But I agree- 95 bucks for an undersized convoy? I don't know, maybe I'll ask for it for Christmas, trying not to sound like a hypocrite. But Hasbro ant Takara did work hard on those, and iGear's taking all the credit. :-x
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984700)
Posted by Bumlbemister333 on August 28th, 2009 @ 2:56pm CDT
One thing I don't get- Are Nemesis Prime and mini Optimus Prime different sizes? Nemesis Prime being bigger than mini Optimus Prime? Cause if that's true, what the heck is with the prices??? $95 for mini Optimus Prime is already too expensive, but Nemesis Prime, who they only have 500 of- is priced at $80??? It's a fairly good deal for Nemesis Prime, with the prices compared, it makes no sense. :-?
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984712)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 3:14pm CDT
Bumlbemister333 wrote:One thing I don't get- Are Nemesis Prime and mini Optimus Prime different sizes? Nemesis Prime being bigger than mini Optimus Prime? Cause if that's true, what the heck is with the prices??? $95 for mini Optimus Prime is already too expensive, but Nemesis Prime, who they only have 500 of- is priced at $80??? It's a fairly good deal for Nemesis Prime, with the prices compared, it makes no sense. :-?


If the Nemesis Prime you're referring to is the MP-01B, which is a repaint of the official Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure mold, the reason Mini MP Optimus Prime is selling for so much is that it's an unofficial product and so its creators, iGear, can choose how much they want to price it and for some reason they're going pretty darn high.

Edit: Just had to comment on my so-called sentence/paragraph. Wow...at least I punctuated...sort of.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984741)
Posted by Barrelass on August 28th, 2009 @ 3:43pm CDT
I have no interest in this, and after seeing final production pics of their MP Grimmy Crown, Mug, and Thrust, I have even less interest in a complex piece like this. The crown set looks like garbage. It will be interesting to see how this is handled.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984749)
Posted by Universe on August 28th, 2009 @ 3:49pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Don't support direct thievery guys.

A lot of people between Hasbro and Takara worked hard to engineer MP Convoy.

These jerks at iGear are really just stealing their work entirely.


Well said.

Being a fan of Transformers since the 80's, I support Hasbro, even though some of their U.S. release paint apps and selections are questionable. :)
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984754)
Posted by Kibble on August 28th, 2009 @ 3:52pm CDT
Bumlbemister333 wrote:One thing I don't get- Are Nemesis Prime and mini Optimus Prime different sizes? Nemesis Prime being bigger than mini Optimus Prime? Cause if that's true, what the heck is with the prices??? $95 for mini Optimus Prime is already too expensive, but Nemesis Prime, who they only have 500 of- is priced at $80??? It's a fairly good deal for Nemesis Prime, with the prices compared, it makes no sense. :-?


I would guess this is simply a matter of availability. Black Convoy is currently readily available for pre-order for a half-way decent price so they'll charge less. MP-01 is only available on the secondhand market at markup prices so charge more. Personally, if I were in the market for an MP Prime, I would just put in a pre-order for MP-04 for $199.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984773)
Posted by HECTOR on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:04pm CDT
I don't understand what everyone's mad about. Why are people saying that Hasbro/Takara worked hard to develop MP Convoy and now iGear is stealing the credit? I bought MP Convoy and they got their hard earned credit. Good for them.
Now this figure is being called a ripoff. Of course it is! That's it's appeal! MP Convoy is a work of art and a smaller one is EXACTLY what I want for my classics/henkei collection. Now is Hasbro/Takara going to make one for me? Of course not! They'll politely tell me that classics/henkei Prime fills that spot.
Sorry people but iGear really IS offering something different here and they certainly aren't stealing my patronage from Hasbro/Takara. I've purchased both MP Convoy and classics/henkei Optimus Prime (as well as my whole Transformers collection) and buying iGear's figure on top of that won't hurt.

I'm just saying that if Hasbro/Takara were to make this figure I'd be onboard but we all know that they won't.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984784)
Posted by Kibble on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:12pm CDT
Here's a question: will iGear refund people's money if this KO gets stopped in its tracks through some legal intervention? That would be something I'd be concerned about if I were dropping down the cash...
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984788)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:17pm CDT
Kibble wrote:Here's a question: will iGear refund people's money if this KO gets stopped in its tracks through some legal intervention? That would be something I'd be concerned about if I were dropping down the cash...

Don't know, I'd say don't pre-order it and wait till it's released or the pre-order is offered by an on-line store like BBTS or TFSource, that way you're guaranteed to get your money back if they go bust before they ship them out.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984798)
Posted by Softimus Prime on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:27pm CDT
i can sympathize with everyone saying its a knock off and they dont support it but i am puzzled by how caustic some of the statements are here. where was all the outrage in the sharkticon post two news stories down? where was it when the mini shockwave and blaster were announced? where was it when the wst dinobots came out? i think people are going overboard on hating this thing.
as for me,i already have a real mp prime so i have no desire for the mini one. i would love a nemesis prime version but its too expensive.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984804)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:36pm CDT
HECTOR wrote:I don't understand what everyone's mad about.

I have no negative emotional response to the mini MP OP, in fact I think it's a potentially tempting product. I just think iGear is stupid for advertising a suspect product(to put it politely) to anyone who has the ability to view web sites. Like I said earlier, if you're going to do something, be smart about it. If Hasbro/Takara don't make a move, all the more power to iGear.

Softimus Prime wrote:i can sympathize with everyone saying its a knock off and they dont support it but i am puzzled by how caustic some of the statements are here. where was all the outrage in the sharkticon post two news stories down? where was it when the mini shockwave and blaster were announced? where was it when the wst dinobots came out? i think people are going overboard on hating this thing.
as for me,i already have a real mp prime so i have no desire for the mini one. i would love a nemesis prime version but its too expensive.

I would suggest that one reason there's less objection to the Shark Sentry(though it has been commented on previously for potential legal problems for also copying design/concept) is that the mini MP OP takes design/concept from a currently available official product. You can pre-order for MP-04 and MP-1B at this time. For me, that's a big difference because personally, I can't see the point of providing a function/need of something that is currently available through the unofficial product market at inflated prices. As far as I know, the G1 Sharkticons haven't been produced on the official level for years. Even if a store gets a hold of MISB Sharkticons, it's a rarity whereas MP OP is available as the upcoming black repaint and as part of the "perfect" trailer edition. It doesn't make the Shark Sentry any less suspect but which of the two unofficial products do you think will get most noticed?

Dead Metal wrote:
Kibble wrote:Here's a question: will iGear refund people's money if this KO gets stopped in its tracks through some legal intervention? That would be something I'd be concerned about if I were dropping down the cash...

Don't know, I'd say don't pre-order it and wait till it's released or the pre-order is offered by an on-line store like BBTS or TFSource, that way you're guaranteed to get your money back if they go bust before they ship them out.

I agree. BBTS and TFSource are established vendors so you can have some degree of trust. I don't honestly think I'd trust iGear with my money because I don't know how they operate directly with customers.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984850)
Posted by Bumlbemister333 on August 28th, 2009 @ 5:23pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Bumlbemister333 wrote:One thing I don't get- Are Nemesis Prime and mini Optimus Prime different sizes? Nemesis Prime being bigger than mini Optimus Prime? Cause if that's true, what the heck is with the prices??? $95 for mini Optimus Prime is already too expensive, but Nemesis Prime, who they only have 500 of- is priced at $80??? It's a fairly good deal for Nemesis Prime, with the prices compared, it makes no sense. :-?


If the Nemesis Prime you're referring to is the MP-01B, which is a repaint of the official Masterpiece Optimus Prime figure mold, the reason Mini MP Optimus Prime is selling for so much is that it's an unofficial product and so its creators, iGear, can choose how much they want to price it and for some reason they're going pretty darn high.

Edit: Just had to comment on my so-called sentence/paragraph. Wow...at least I punctuated...sort of.


Ah. Thanks for the enlightenment once again. Wow, iGear is low. :?
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984877)
Posted by Naked Magnus on August 28th, 2009 @ 5:47pm CDT
OK, I agree with the majority that this is a very bad move for both i-Gear and for fan projects in general. This may awaken the Hasbro/Takara sleeping giant to take very drastic measures to crack down on all fan projects.

However, I do like the size of the figure and believe there is a market for this. Earlier I saw a picture of this prime standing in front of Masterpiece Grimlock. The two figures were in scale with each other. Way cool. I have about 5 G1 style prime molds and am always willing to buy another.

I will wait on this until there is evidence that the quality will be acceptable. To my knowledge, there is nothing i-Gear has released to date of this complexity. After buying that horrible SGCollect City Commander upgrade piece of crap, I have become more cautious. The gun broke the first time I inserted it into Ultra Magnus' hand. One of the missile launchers literally crumbled in my fingers as I tried to mount it on Magnus' shoulder!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (984899)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 28th, 2009 @ 6:09pm CDT
I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985087)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:16pm CDT
Primus1101 wrote:I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.

That's pretty funny coming from an out-of-touch "academic". Don't take that too seriously or let it concern you, which it sounds like you're not.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985093)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:23pm CDT
Either iGear should drop this project or pay HasTak some royalties like other companies like Kabaya,CMS or Jizai. And on an existing mold at that, if the quality is all the more at par with the original releases, all theie efforts will more likely go down the drain. Or better yet sell it not as iGear but an anonymous entity.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985106)
Posted by Tracer on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:41pm CDT
Primus1101 wrote:... egardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.
I genuinely would love to hear hear the logic behind this.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985143)
Posted by Forgotten on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:17pm CDT
Lennox wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:... egardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.
I genuinely would love to hear hear the logic behind this.

I believe it would be something along the lines of insinuating that he will shun people and look solely to his collection for comfort and therefore become devoid of human interaction altogether. Of course I stopped studying psych back in the late 90s, but that's just my guess on it. :-B :o)
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985227)
Posted by Venksta on August 28th, 2009 @ 10:44pm CDT
Dead Metal wrote:I wish they would just release the hands and head in original size on their own, I would so love to have an MP Prime with those attached.

And I knew that these would cost about the same as the real deal.



But the hands and head are a rip off of someone else' custom kit. :lol:


Dead Metal wrote:I love the fact that a few weeks ago we where praising this thing and now that we know more about it we all gang up on it! :lol:
But what you guys have to keep in mind is this, this is only manufactured by i-Gear as they where contracted to do so by a Chinese fan.

But I love how i-Gear announces and shows off awesome self designed products and then start to sell KOs.



I heard rumors, before iGear made their announcement for this, that a fangroup was involved from the get go. iGears was the group rumored to be involved. And now their promoting it as a "partner" product. I wonder if thats just a way to take blame off themselves in case Hasbro or Takara come knocking?
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985245)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:36pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:
Kibble wrote:Here's a question: will iGear refund people's money if this KO gets stopped in its tracks through some legal intervention? That would be something I'd be concerned about if I were dropping down the cash...

Don't know, I'd say don't pre-order it and wait till it's released or the pre-order is offered by an on-line store like BBTS or TFSource, that way you're guaranteed to get your money back if they go bust before they ship them out.

I agree. BBTS and TFSource are established vendors so you can have some degree of trust. I don't honestly think I'd trust iGear with my money because I don't know how they operate directly with customers.


And we don't know how they operate with their customers because they haven't had any yet! Seriously, has any of the dozen things they've announced come out yet? BBTS has the Grimlock crown and Autoscout listed as in stock but I don't know of anybody getting them yet. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they took all the preorder money they could get and vanished into thin air! :lol:

The one thing of their's I'm waiting to see is the hammer that comes with their City Commander "upgrade." With FansProjects upcoming rifle & rockets set, that's the only part that's worth still considering.

If they do prove to be a quality company I may consider the Ark and Nemesis playsets (that's what they are, admit it!)
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985248)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:48pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:And we don't know how they operate with their customers because they haven't had any yet! Seriously, has any of the dozen things they've announced come out yet? BBTS has the Grimlock crown and Autoscout listed as in stock but I don't know of anybody getting them yet. At this point it wouldn't surprise me if they took all the preorder money they could get and vanished into thin air! :lol:

The one thing of their's I'm waiting to see is the hammer that comes with their City Commander "upgrade." With FansProjects upcoming rifle & rockets set, that's the only part that's worth still considering.

If they do prove to be a quality company I may consider the Ark and Nemesis playsets (that's what they are, admit it!)


Yeah, the iGear products just give me the vibe of vaporware, so to speak. They're like the Duke Nukem Forever of toys.

Ark? Nemesis? Orange and purple secret base playsets for Transformers? I know nussing! I see nussing! I admit nussing!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985301)
Posted by Dead Metal on August 29th, 2009 @ 2:25am CDT
Venksta wrote:
Dead Metal wrote:I wish they would just release the hands and head in original size on their own, I would so love to have an MP Prime with those attached.

And I knew that these would cost about the same as the real deal.



But the hands and head are a rip off of someone else' custom kit. :lol:


Dead Metal wrote:I love the fact that a few weeks ago we where praising this thing and now that we know more about it we all gang up on it! :lol:
But what you guys have to keep in mind is this, this is only manufactured by i-Gear as they where contracted to do so by a Chinese fan.

But I love how i-Gear announces and shows off awesome self designed products and then start to sell KOs.



I heard rumors, before iGear made their announcement for this, that a fangroup was involved from the get go. iGears was the group rumored to be involved. And now their promoting it as a "partner" product. I wonder if thats just a way to take blame off themselves in case Hasbro or Takara come knocking?

It already exists? where can I buy it?
If they think that by marking it as a partner project they would stay unharmed by Has/Tak #-o


And to those that still say they haven't released anything yet the MP Grimlock set is finished and the Autoscout is also in stores now, I had it in my hands already and have to say the packaging and presentation is awesome!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985409)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 29th, 2009 @ 8:37am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.

That's pretty funny coming from an out-of-touch "academic". Don't take that too seriously or let it concern you, which it sounds like you're not.

Out-of-touch Academic? Huh? Sorry, I'm slow. And besides, rip-offs are rip-offs, I hate them regardless >=(
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985413)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 29th, 2009 @ 8:39am CDT
Forgotten wrote:
Lennox wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:... egardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.
I genuinely would love to hear hear the logic behind this.

I believe it would be something along the lines of insinuating that he will shun people and look solely to his collection for comfort and therefore become devoid of human interaction altogether. Of course I stopped studying psych back in the late 90s, but that's just my guess on it. :-B :o)

I'll make sure my sister asks this.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985480)
Posted by Rastamus Prime on August 29th, 2009 @ 10:48am CDT
Ouch! $95? Fuck that. This is ridiculous. Fuck this rip off toy and it's overpriced retail. I'll shell out the extra 20 dollars and buy myself the real Nemesis Prime from Takara.

I'm not gonna lie, it looked good at first, but I've come to my senses now guys.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985491)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 29th, 2009 @ 11:04am CDT
revengeofstarscream wrote:OK, I agree with the majority that this is a very bad move for both i-Gear and for fan projects in general. This may awaken the Hasbro/Takara sleeping giant to take very drastic measures to crack down on all fan projects.

However, I do like the size of the figure and believe there is a market for this. Earlier I saw a picture of this prime standing in front of Masterpiece Grimlock. The two figures were in scale with each other. Way cool. I have about 5 G1 style prime molds and am always willing to buy another.

I will wait on this until there is evidence that the quality will be acceptable. To my knowledge, there is nothing i-Gear has released to date of this complexity. After buying that horrible SGCollect City Commander upgrade piece of crap, I have become more cautious. The gun broke the first time I inserted it into Ultra Magnus' hand. One of the missile launchers literally crumbled in my fingers as I tried to mount it on Magnus' shoulder!


the SGcollect version is not the same thing as the Igear version.. to compare the two would be unfair to Igear.. I am looking forward to their release of the city commander upgrade.. I didn't buy the SGCollect version because I didn't like their sculpt for the head.. good thing too..

as for the Igear version, i would buy it to see what it looks like with the new missiles coming from fansproject.. just to see what they look like together..
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985498)
Posted by noctorro on August 29th, 2009 @ 11:12am CDT
Primus1101 wrote:I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.


Primus1101, I normally don't say this but stfu.

If you don't want the toy, don't buy it and don't rant on it for not wanting to buy it.


I for one support this toy 100% (yess, come on, come on :p)

I had Masterpiece Optimus Prime (takara more expensive version) and Masterpiece Megatron (don't think there is a non-takara version). And I liked how they looked, but still sold them because I really didn't like the size and Optimus's big metal boots.
I like my transformers to be slightly in scale with other TF's. And from then I hoped that they would make a full plastic smaller "play" version of this great mold. But that's not going to happen.

So I'm really excited about this version! I do think 95 usd is way to friggin expensive, I'd have to import it to The Netherlands would cost another 30 usd, so a total of 125 usd.
Hopefully there'll be some other dude buying a set and reselling the doubles.

Normally I dislike KO's and bootlegs, the quality sucks and sometimes you can still get the normal or reissue version new for a reasonable price. But I like my KO Predaking, + if I ever get the reissue which is now godawfully expensive, then they would look great together since the KO has a different paintjob (or not a paintjob at all).

I don't think these guys are overcharging to gain millions, I mean practically everybody on this forum hates this + the real Masterpiece TF's are still for sale for good prices.
Still, 60 usd sounds a lot better.
I really want someone to be a g1 accurate Classics Prime and fit in :)

Begin the slaughter of me!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985511)
Posted by Convotron on August 29th, 2009 @ 11:26am CDT
My theory on the price is that they want to try to avoid trouble due to Hasbro's past statement that they object to unofficial full figure products being sold for over $100. If Hasbro didn't say that, I'm sure iGear would have charged far more than $95 considering how they price things like their IG-TF001 accessory kit. However, that theory is weak because if iGear wanted to try to avoid trouble, they wouldn't be making a blatant KO.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985580)
Posted by Primus1101 on August 29th, 2009 @ 12:42pm CDT
noctorro wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.


Primus1101, I normally don't say this but stfu.

If you don't want the toy, don't buy it and don't rant on it for not wanting to buy it.


I for one support this toy 100% (yess, come on, come on :p)

I had Masterpiece Optimus Prime (takara more expensive version) and Masterpiece Megatron (don't think there is a non-takara version). And I liked how they looked, but still sold them because I really didn't like the size and Optimus's big metal boots.
I like my transformers to be slightly in scale with other TF's. And from then I hoped that they would make a full plastic smaller "play" version of this great mold. But that's not going to happen.

So I'm really excited about this version! I do think 95 usd is way to friggin expensive, I'd have to import it to The Netherlands would cost another 30 usd, so a total of 125 usd.
Hopefully there'll be some other dude buying a set and reselling the doubles.

Normally I dislike KO's and bootlegs, the quality sucks and sometimes you can still get the normal or reissue version new for a reasonable price. But I like my KO Predaking, + if I ever get the reissue which is now godawfully expensive, then they would look great together since the KO has a different paintjob (or not a paintjob at all).

I don't think these guys are overcharging to gain millions, I mean practically everybody on this forum hates this + the real Masterpiece TF's are still for sale for good prices.
Still, 60 usd sounds a lot better.
I really want someone to be a g1 accurate Classics Prime and fit in :)

Begin the slaughter of me!

You know, you didn't have to be a dick about it. A simple "Keep your thoughts to yourself" would've sufficed. Then again, everyone else said they ain't gonna buy it and it's a cheap knock-off, why ain't you told them to shut the feck up? Huh? Yeah, think about your entire grand scheme of things next time, Smartass.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (985824)
Posted by Rastamus Prime on August 29th, 2009 @ 8:35pm CDT
Primus1101 wrote:
noctorro wrote:
Primus1101 wrote:I'm not so sure, what exactly have these guys done? If it's just rip-off the possibly best engineered figure in TF history, these guys should be hunted out and annihilated. I fel strongly about my TF'S and their dignity, regardless of my sister's psychology teacher telling her that if I continue to collect them, I'll become a recluse. Bitch.


Primus1101, I normally don't say this but stfu.

If you don't want the toy, don't buy it and don't rant on it for not wanting to buy it.


I for one support this toy 100% (yess, come on, come on :p)

I had Masterpiece Optimus Prime (takara more expensive version) and Masterpiece Megatron (don't think there is a non-takara version). And I liked how they looked, but still sold them because I really didn't like the size and Optimus's big metal boots.
I like my transformers to be slightly in scale with other TF's. And from then I hoped that they would make a full plastic smaller "play" version of this great mold. But that's not going to happen.

So I'm really excited about this version! I do think 95 usd is way to friggin expensive, I'd have to import it to The Netherlands would cost another 30 usd, so a total of 125 usd.
Hopefully there'll be some other dude buying a set and reselling the doubles.

Normally I dislike KO's and bootlegs, the quality sucks and sometimes you can still get the normal or reissue version new for a reasonable price. But I like my KO Predaking, + if I ever get the reissue which is now godawfully expensive, then they would look great together since the KO has a different paintjob (or not a paintjob at all).

I don't think these guys are overcharging to gain millions, I mean practically everybody on this forum hates this + the real Masterpiece TF's are still for sale for good prices.
Still, 60 usd sounds a lot better.
I really want someone to be a g1 accurate Classics Prime and fit in :)

Begin the slaughter of me!

You know, you didn't have to be a dick about it. A simple "Keep your thoughts to yourself" would've sufficed. Then again, everyone else said they ain't gonna buy it and it's a cheap knock-off, why ain't you told them to shut the feck up? Huh? Yeah, think about your entire grand scheme of things next time, Smartass.


I have to go with Primus on this one. That was nothing but a bunch of low-blow insults. Feel free to disagree but don't tell him to STFU and to stop ranting. Furthermore, he didn't rant, it was a short summary of his view on the figure. Something tells me this would'nt fit in with a Classics collection. It's too detailed and intricate. The real MPs are scaled for each other and not for Classics. I want to see packaging for this, if it's reminiscent of a MP box I will laugh my ass off, that will just surface a legal battle wth Takara/Hasbro.
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (986285)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 30th, 2009 @ 2:08pm CDT
noctorro wrote:If you don't want the toy, don't buy it BUT don't rant on it for not wanting to buy it.


I agree with this statement and think it should apply universally...why do we need a bunch of I don't or wouldn't support this because.... who cares.. you don't like it fine.. I got no beef with anyone who hates it..but I don't want to have to read a thread and find nothing useful but rants, and it got old pretty quick.. I was looking for helpful and constructive debates to help me make up my mind on this..

there were none...


noctorro wrote:I for one support this toy 100% (yess, come on, come on :P )



I support this at a 75% ratio... the price is the 25% difference.. 65.00 is dead on for this figure.. not a penny more..

noctorro wrote:I had Masterpiece Optimus Prime (takara more expensive version) and Masterpiece Megatron (don't think there is a non-takara version). And I liked how they looked, but still sold them because I really didn't like the size and Optimus's big metal boots.
I like my transformers to be slightly in scale with other TF's. And from then I hoped that they would make a full plastic smaller "play" version of this great mold. But that's not going to happen.

So I'm really excited about this version!


Ditto! but I won't sell my original Takara MP's, just keep them MISB and open these reproductions for display..

noctorro wrote:I do think 95 usd is way to friggin expensive, I'd have to import it to The Netherlands would cost another 30 usd, so a total of 125 usd.
Hopefully there'll be some other dude buying a set and reselling the doubles.


Hopefully they'll relook at their numbers, the color variants they can make money off of, and reprice them at a better market value somewhere around the 65.00 USD price range..

noctorro wrote:Normally I dislike KO's and bootlegs, the quality sucks and sometimes you can still get the normal or reissue version new for a reasonable price. But I like my KO Predaking, + if I ever get the reissue which is now godawfully expensive, then they would look great together since the KO has a different paintjob (or not a paintjob at all).

I don't think these guys are overcharging to gain millions, I mean practically everybody on this forum hates this + the real Masterpiece TF's are still for sale for good prices.
Still, 60 usd sounds a lot better.


Being an outright supporter of this with this rowdy crowd here on seibertron tells me you have guts! good for you.. :APPLAUSE: And I agree 60.00 is a reasonable price and could drive those on the fence to pick this up..

noctorro wrote:I really want someone to be a g1 accurate Classics Prime and fit in :)

Begin the slaughter of me!


Actually I think Henkei Classics Prime is fine as is for the classics/Henkei series I am collecting.. what I like about this Mini MP series is that they can do that with all the MP's like the jets and Grimlock, and granted they would all be the same size (no out of scale and no one in scale either), it would look great on a shelf in botmode though..

plus just knowing my original Hasbro/Takara Tomy Masterpieces were safe in their MISB packaging would be a plus too!
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (986294)
Posted by SentinelA on August 30th, 2009 @ 2:22pm CDT
I think I'll pass because 1) $90 is a rip and 2) I still think the mold is too big for Classics
Re: i-Gear mini Master Piece Optimus Prime & Nemesis Prime pre-orders up! (986537)
Posted by Rastamus Prime on August 30th, 2009 @ 10:02pm CDT
SentinelA wrote:I think I'll pass because 1) $90 is a rip and 2) I still think the mold is too big for Classics



That's what I said, it's still to big for Classics. So now you have something out of scale for MPs and Classics, where do you put him?

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1071 Cvr D 1:25 DC Comics 2023 0223DC050 1071D (CA) Fiumara"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman BRAVE AND BOLD #1 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0323DC022 1A (CA) Di Meo"
Batman BRAVE AND B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr B Superman DC Comics 2023 0323DC080 1055B (CA) Sandoval"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #184 DC Comics 2004 (CA) Haberlin 230915A"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #135 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 0323DC857 (W) Zdarsky (CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #135 2nd pt ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G 1:50 DC Comics 2023 JAN233230 2G (W) Williamson (CA) Rahzzah"
SUPERMAN #2 Cvr G ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman LEGENDS OF DARK KNIGHT #28 DC Comics 1992 (W/A/CA) Wagner 230915C"
Batman LEGENDS OF ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #683 DC Comics 1995 (A/CA) Nolan (W) Dixon 230915A"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1066 Cvr B DC Comics 2022 SEP223494 1066B (CA) Williams"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #5 Facsimile Cvr C blank sketch DC Comics 2023 ptg 0923DC270 5C"
BATMAN #5 Facsimil ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC046 1A (CA) Mora"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "WONDER WOMAN #1 facsimile Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC272 1A (CA) Peter"
WONDER WOMAN #1 fa ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #145 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2024 0124DC005 145E (CA) Stokoe (W) Zdarsky"
BATMAN #145 Cvr E ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 2nd ptg DC Comics 2023 JAN239269 (W) Williamson (A/CA) Campbell"
SUPERMAN #1 2nd pt ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #351 - Ask Your Dad
Twincast / Podcast #351:
"Ask Your Dad"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, June 1st, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Megatron Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Fusion Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 and Up, 11.5-inch" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Battle Core Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON