Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay

Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay

Thursday, August 27th, 2009 11:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 34,949

The Robot Heroes brand under the 2009 Universe toyline was presumed to be finished after four waves of figures, however that was not supposed to be the case. Several Ebay auctions give us a look at these unreleased figures. Only available internationally, there were two sets that were released outside of North America. They were Ricochet vs. Predaking (Generation 1) and Tigatron vs. Inferno (Beast Wars).

Unreleased Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay
Unreleased Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay

What was to be composed in the Universe Robot Heroes Wave 5 were four sets.

Optimus Prime vs. Megatron (Robots in Disguise)
    Prowl vs. Laserbeak (Generation 1)
    Victory Saber vs. Dessaras (Generation 1)
    Optimus Primal vs. Jetstorm (Beast Machines)

The other slew of auctions gives us RID Optimus Prime and his nemesis Megatron, while the other one puts G1 foes Victory Saber and Dessaras up on Ebay.

Unreleased Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay
Unreleased Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay

Unfortunately the auctions concerning the unreleased Wave 5 figures have ended, but expect Prowl, Laserbeak, Optimus Primal and Jetstorm to show up at anytime! So stay tuned to Seibertron.com for your latest news and updates!

Credit(s): Ebay seller specimen-17 and Ebay seller t-maxshop

This article was last modified on Friday, August 28th, 2009 9:27am CDT

Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984230)
Posted by Convotron on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:00am CDT
I'm not really into the Robot Heroes line but these look pretty neat.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984271)
Posted by tom brokaw on August 28th, 2009 @ 2:48am CDT
the victory saber dassaras and the rid op and megs sets look really awesome.... i wonder why they never got a general release, and if theyre ever going to
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984291)
Posted by It Is Him on August 28th, 2009 @ 4:18am CDT
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984301)
Posted by Oilspill on August 28th, 2009 @ 5:30am CDT
I saw Laserbeak and Prowl sell recently. They went for about $70 US :shock:
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984302)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on August 28th, 2009 @ 5:46am CDT
Haw, I would so be all over that RH Inferno. :PRED:
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984311)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 28th, 2009 @ 6:26am CDT
i usually buy robot heroes for one figure only but
I NEED THAT VICTORY SABER WITH DEZZARAS NOW! :-x
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984347)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 28th, 2009 @ 7:22am CDT
The sad fact is that the Car Robots nd Victory Robot Heroes packs were the only two I was actually looking forward to buying. I don't really collect the line (due mostly to a lot of the toys looking ugly or being packed with other characters I do not want) but these sets looked great and were of characters I love both aesthetically and in-fiction.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984379)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on August 28th, 2009 @ 8:45am CDT
I'm certain these will get a general release, but it just wasn't the right time when ROTF was starting up. I expect them to popup like the final waves of Animated will.

Maybe this would be a good question for the next Q&A round?
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984413)
Posted by Seibertron on August 28th, 2009 @ 9:26am CDT
It Is Him wrote:I saw these on the auction block last week, I think. I was amused that Dispensor was being sold for more than all of the unreleased Robot Heroes combined

A custom Dispensor? Dispensor isn't that rare with online retailers. You can buy him sealed for $8 on eBay:

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=d ... sacat=2479

As for the figures in the original post, I really hope these show up at retail soon.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984488)
Posted by Jenus on August 28th, 2009 @ 10:51am CDT
I hope Hasbro was just covering up the G1 robot heroes when they said they were not planning on anything new for the G1 robot heroes. Hopefully we'll still see a release for them like we did with the thought to be canceled Animated line.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984507)
Posted by shonenfan4 on August 28th, 2009 @ 11:16am CDT
Yea, these sold for a pretty ridiculous price on eBay, really wanted the Victory Saber set though.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984592)
Posted by TFGnome on August 28th, 2009 @ 12:32pm CDT
love the "Victory Saber vs. Dessaras"
but im not going to pay no 60 bucks for "heros"

RID Megatron looks a little too happy
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984671)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 28th, 2009 @ 2:03pm CDT
Convotron wrote:I'm not really into the Robot Heroes line but these look pretty neat.

agreed..

a Big Huge stunted mini Pass for me..
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (984841)
Posted by It Is Him on August 28th, 2009 @ 5:09pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=d ... sacat=2479

It was being sold individually. This guy, actually.

$20 with shipping. Nutty, right?

Turns out I was wrong about what Prowl sold for, he sold for just under $40.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988163)
Posted by tom brokaw on September 2nd, 2009 @ 12:43am CDT
It Is Him wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

http://toys.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=d ... sacat=2479

It was being sold individually. This guy, actually.

$20 with shipping. Nutty, right?

Turns out I was wrong about what Prowl sold for, he sold for just under $40.

ouch! why?!
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988323)
Posted by It Is Him on September 2nd, 2009 @ 9:42am CDT
Auction crazies. Sometimes, you just have to win.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988382)
Posted by shonenfan4 on September 2nd, 2009 @ 11:24am CDT
It Is Him wrote:Auction crazies. Sometimes, you just have to win.

But it's just a Robot Heroes figure... :shock:
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988446)
Posted by Convotron on September 2nd, 2009 @ 12:59pm CDT
shonenfan4 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Auction crazies. Sometimes, you just have to win.

But it's just a Robot Heroes figure... :shock:

That's what you and most people think! The Pretenders have pulled the wool over our eyes again! That's right, Robot Heroes are really super complex Transformers hidden within a cute outer shell. Darn youz, Pretender Robot Heroes!

So...yeah. Auction crazies indeed. I've seen some odd auctions where bidders have gone over the price for an item by $20 or more than what they could otherwise pay in a BiN listing. The shipping is the same or sometimes even less in the BiN listing too.

What I like about the eBay bidding system is the Maximum Bid mechanic. I find that by bidding what I would pay at the absolute most for an item, I don't have any buyer's remorse. I also don't have a "Gosh darn it!" meltdown if I'm outbid by someone else. I set my limit at $xx.xx and so I'm mentally prepared to pay as much as I've bid and I don't care if someone buys it for more, even if they outbid me by $0.50 because if I say $20.00 is how much I'm willing to bid, that's how much I'm willing to bid and so good on whoever outbid me.
Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988498)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on September 2nd, 2009 @ 2:11pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
shonenfan4 wrote:
It Is Him wrote:Auction crazies. Sometimes, you just have to win.

But it's just a Robot Heroes figure... :shock:

Re: Unreleased and Limited Universe Robot Heroes on Ebay (988538)
Posted by Convotron on September 2nd, 2009 @ 3:02pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:I have this problem, where, if I'm outbid, I feel this compulsion to go just a dollar or two more to make sure they aren't winning by that much. Sometimes I'll sneak up $10 dollars or so this way.

Oh, I know the temptation well, hehe.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY