iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head!

iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head!

Friday, November 26th, 2010 9:29am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 55,899

Custom and KO toy company iGear has just posted a new image on their facebook page, the image is of two possible versions of a new Kup head to be fitted on the upcoming "Classics" style Reveal the Shield Sargent Kup figure.

The head is based on Kup's second appearance in the idw Transformers comic series, where he was shown to have a "Cygar", a cigar like object.
There are two different versions, A & B, and iGear would like to know which of the two is preferred by the fandom.

Click here if you wish to see it on their profile.

Credit(s): kirbenvost, iGear

Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150877)
Posted by El Duque on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:33am CST
I'd buy it, I'm a fan of the IDW continuity. No way Hasbro could have gotten away with that even if they wanted to.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150881)
Posted by justynnbailey on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:43am CST
This is great news! I gotta get one!
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150882)
Posted by typh0id on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:44am CST
The sculpt is fantastic...

My main concern is the quality...The only product from iGear I own is Autoscout and the plastic used for it is very cheap and brittle...I would fear for the survival of the cygar if the same plastic is used for this...

Also, I'm curious about how well the figure still transforms with the cygar sticking out like that...
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150883)
Posted by zodconvoy on November 26th, 2010 @ 9:46am CST
If they ever actually release it (this is iGear we're talking about here) I'd go for the A head.

Just hoping that having an undesigned for protruding thing in the way doesn't interfere with transformation. Colors can be fixed if necessary but potential breakage is a factor.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150903)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:10am CST
Wow..iGear coming through for me. Amazing
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150904)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:12am CST
typh0id wrote:The sculpt is fantastic...

I have their City Cimmander Wrecker Leader set with UM new head and I've never had any problems with it.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150938)
Posted by Mindmaster on November 26th, 2010 @ 11:09am CST
Preferably A. Gives him a tougher look to him, with the squinted eyes. :lol: Kup is by far, to me, the crown jewel of the Reveal the Shield line. ;) :APPLAUSE:
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150951)
Posted by GEEWUN on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:03pm CST
Head A for me.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150952)
Posted by chrisc4 on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:08pm CST
yeah A looks awesome! it give kup the whole "i'm pissed at this whole situation jazz it's all your fault" look.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1150972)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 26th, 2010 @ 12:53pm CST
I was going to cast my vote on their facebook page. But I don't really see the point when everyone (and I do mean everyone) is voting for A. That's the one I'd have gone for anyway.

I can see this being a "do you want him to have a Cygar or to transform?" situation. I can live with that when he'd look this badass.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151004)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 2:25pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:

If the Cygar is somehow removable I can see the figure still transforming. But as you said, if not, it is a necessary sacrifice.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151007)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 26th, 2010 @ 2:40pm CST
Sweet, news credit. :-B :lol:

I honestly don't see the Cygar getting in the way for transformation. It doesn't stick out that much. I'm definitely for version A myself as well. But of course it's not that necessary for me. However, if it was part of a bigger set with a bunch of Generations/RTS upgrades, I might be interested, as long as it's a reasonable price.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151011)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 2:45pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Sweet, news credit. :-B :lol:

I don't see it getting in the way but I would be afraid of breaking it, or losing it if it is removable.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151038)
Posted by Torneira on November 26th, 2010 @ 4:16pm CST
Is that a cigar or.....? ;)

Nah, just kidding head A = Awesome =P~
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151045)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on November 26th, 2010 @ 4:41pm CST
WOW.. I really like that... I may have to snag one of those..
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151046)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 26th, 2010 @ 4:44pm CST
Cyber Bishop wrote:WOW.. I really like that... I may have to snag one of those..

Exactly my reaction
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151062)
Posted by T-Macksimus on November 26th, 2010 @ 5:54pm CST
That is just too cool! I'll take sculpt "A" and I could care less if it interferes with the transformation. With that head on him, he'd be a permanent display piece anyways. Looks like I'll be buying 2 Kups since I also love his truck mode.
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151150)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on November 26th, 2010 @ 10:47pm CST
Who didnt see this coming? :lol: Oh and head A please. :D
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151221)
Posted by Rated X on November 27th, 2010 @ 8:09am CST
Re: iGear planning RTS Kup "Cygar" head! (1151228)
Posted by El Duque on November 27th, 2010 @ 8:49am CST
Rated X wrote:No disrespect to anybody but I think this is really stupid !!! On the same level of stupidity as Grimlock wearing a chef's apron. What they need to be making is a G1 accurate Blurr head to replace that annoying IDW head. Or a Junkion head set for a complete gang of them.

I agree with you about the Junkion heads, Headrobots or somebody needs to crank out a multipack of them.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY