IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime?

IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime?

Tuesday, October 16th, 2007 8:14pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Movie Related News, Digital Media News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 38,962

IGN.com are asking you which Prime is better, the 1980's G1 Cartoon Optimus Prime:

or the 2007 Live Action Transformers Movie Optimus Prime:

Click here to read the IGN run down for each version of Prime, and Vote for your preferred version of this iconic character by clicking the link on the 2nd page.

Credit(s): ign.com

Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405292)
Posted by Tekka on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:20pm CDT
Surely there is no question as to G1 Prime's superiority. He is after all, a true hero. :)

That is how I shall cast my vote anyhow.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405301)
Posted by kitonight on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:23pm CDT
there is no doubt that the new prime look awsome... but there is something that i like about G1 more
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405310)
Posted by Briggs on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:26pm CDT
No Primal? Or RID Prime? I detest!

Have to pick 07 Prime because he's a bit more gunho, which is how I like my good guy leaders, and he doesnt say things like "booby" like G1 did :P
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405312)
Posted by i_amtrunks on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:26pm CDT
Original Prime all the way for me.

He held is own against Megatron, and would have won if not for some young punks meddling.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405326)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:33pm CDT
I got the movie today watched and enjoyed it, then flipped in the G1 movie.

Movie Prime is very lifelike, but G1 Prime has him beat!

Also using that stupid pose to keep promoting Movie Prime realy isn't helping! Hell all it makes me think of is him asking MeatWad "How's that Ol' Happy Time Harry making out?"
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405328)
Posted by mattyc1007 on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:34pm CDT
g1 is orginal
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405349)
Posted by ForensicPrime on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:41pm CDT
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405371)
Posted by korean-ironhide on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:54pm CDT
G1 prime rulz and would have never died if that retard hot rod wasnt there
HOT ROD SUXS
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405380)
Posted by Moonbase2 on October 16th, 2007 @ 8:57pm CDT
That's a really hard decision...I guess it's a tie. Now if you wanna ask who the better Bumblebee is...
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405406)
Posted by Duke of Luns on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:03pm CDT
Who's better? Really hard to make a decision, considering they are, more or less, the same entity, voiced by the same person.

But I can't fight it, G1. Can't argue with the classics, but I prefer Primal myself.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405412)
Posted by Dclone Soundwave on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:07pm CDT
G1 Prime FTW. Mostly it's out of nostalgia for me, but also G1 Prime is (again) the embodiment of the REAL Transformers franchise. In terms of Autobots that is......
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405427)
Posted by Spoffy2 on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:11pm CDT
Well this must be a half-cocked question...any fan worth their salt knows that G1 prime is better.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405433)
Posted by Briggs on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:12pm CDT
DIACLONE CONVOY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405448)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:28pm CDT
ForensicPrime wrote:The question is "who is better"? Which is very general and because of that I'm on board with everyone else saying that G1 prime is "better" in general. But if the question was a bit more specific, like say, "who is a better bad ass?" Well, then I'd have to say Live Action Prime is a bigger bad ass. G1 Prime on a number of occasions would get his ass handed to him and then was bailed out by something. However, I don't ever remember G1 Prime taking off a Decepticon head with a shiv like he did on the highway in the movie....that was a "bad ass" kinda move.

I agree here. I will always respect the hell out of G1 Prime, But movie Prime Owned the hell out of Bonecrusher. As far as looks go, G1 Prime is the mac from cybertron. :lol: Hell, I love em both.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405476)
Posted by Moonbase2 on October 16th, 2007 @ 9:36pm CDT
Neither one could really handle a true showdown with ole Megs, though...at least live action Prime managed to uh, not die.

Oh, and...

movie Ironhide > G1 Ironhide
G1 Ratchet > movie Ratchet (in aesthetics, not badassery)
movie Bumblebee > G1 Bumblebee times 1000
G1 Jazz > movie Jazz
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405606)
Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 on October 16th, 2007 @ 10:28pm CDT
OPTIMUS MAGNUS wrote:

Yeah but G1 owen a whole bunch of con [6 if I'm right]and put the beat down on Megs in the 86 animated movie.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405614)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on October 16th, 2007 @ 10:36pm CDT
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
OPTIMUS MAGNUS wrote:

Very true. But o7 Prime chopped Bonecrusher's arm off and then stabbed him in the face...witch was followed by a ripping decapitation :lol: Thats a hard act to follow just in one scene...(Sorry I have watched the dvd twice today.)

We will always love G1 Prime. But I am a fan of 07 movie Prime. Now, If we could just get a better toy... :lol: (That reminds me, I picked up a TH-2 hybrid convoy from tf source today.)
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405620)
Posted by sto_vo_kor_2000 on October 16th, 2007 @ 10:41pm CDT
OPTIMUS MAGNUS wrote:
sto_vo_kor_2000 wrote:
OPTIMUS MAGNUS wrote:

I 2nd that motion.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405629)
Posted by OPTIMUS MAGNUS on October 16th, 2007 @ 10:45pm CDT
Yeah, I can't truly side with either Prime. I love em both. The only Prime I don't like is the beast wars/machines prime. I am an old-schooler I guess.
Re: IGN asks you, who is better, G1 Cartoon Prime or Live Action 07 Prime? (405672)
Posted by Starscream_8_my_Dog on October 16th, 2007 @ 11:05pm CDT
G1 prime would have never let Bumblebee be dragged off by a bunch of Goverment covert ops. That is really the one point in the movie where I wished Bay had actually watched the first G1 season.

And well, in a one on one fight fought without cheating, Prime Always owned Megs, they made Movie Prime badass, but he should held better against old ugly.

So I choose G1 prime

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Audio MP3 Player Spark Blue Version Takara Music Label" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark of the Moon Backfire Left Rifle Spare Part Accessory 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Highbrow XORT Headmaster  Walmart exclusive wave 2 heroic autobot!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers monxo Headmaster Weirdwolf Wave 2 evil decepticon sealed new!!!" on EBAY
Buy "3 Vtg  Transformers Instruction Booklet Downshift,gridlock,inferno" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Headmasters Chromedome & Stylor" on EBAY