Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints

Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints

Saturday, December 24th, 2011 9:00pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 49,676

iGear have updated their facebook page with test shots of three new Seekers based on their modified MP mold. We see the recently announced Comic Ink exclusive G2 Ramjet, a dark green Seeker, and a purple translucent Seeker. Images mirrored below.

Here's a few more from the weibo page of hamatoys:

Credit(s): iGear

This article was last modified on Sunday, December 25th, 2011 12:28am CST

Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326863)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on December 25th, 2011 @ 12:27am CST
I have no need for these, but I did recently acquire their three coneheads (Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust) and they are fantastic for a third party maker. I think my favorite is Dirge because the colors really pop.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326874)
Posted by necr0blivion on December 25th, 2011 @ 1:43am CST
I will say I'm pleasantly surprised about a G2 Ramjet Masterpiece figure. Not at all surprised about the seeker clones, and only 50/50 on the Acid Storm version (since it's based off of a Classics figure).

I was under the impression that iGear would make their version of a Ghost Starscream, and it could still happen. But maybe it's time to move to other projects, because I already have a lot of MP Seekers/Coneheads. Course, that's like waiting for HasTak to make a new MP figure of a character that hasn't gotten the treatment yet.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326942)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on December 25th, 2011 @ 9:35am CST
I have to say, I like what iGear is doing with these but I'm not really interested. Just one more set for someone else to have, I suppose >:oP
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326950)
Posted by Scaleface on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:06am CST
Air Warrior and Acidstorm?
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326958)
Posted by Rated X on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:40am CST
Not the deco I was hoping for on Acid Storm. I wish they would have went with the deco CHMS used that was cartoon accurate.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326959)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 25th, 2011 @ 10:40am CST
Ramjet is cool but im happy with my Skywarp
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1326968)
Posted by Scaleface on December 25th, 2011 @ 11:04am CST
I wish they made a Voyager sized toy.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327100)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 25th, 2011 @ 7:44pm CST
Scaleface wrote:I wish they made a Voyager sized toy.

Aren't these Voyager sized? the originals were Ultra to Leader sized I think, and these have to be smaller, I might be wrong.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327101)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 25th, 2011 @ 7:47pm CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
Scaleface wrote:I wish they made a Voyager sized toy.

These are the same size as the official MP Seekers.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327269)
Posted by El Duque on December 26th, 2011 @ 11:43am CST
iGear has posted more images and listed pre-orders for their three upcoming PP series Seekers: PP03J-G2, PP03R Rainforest, and PP03C Translucent Current. All three are listed as limited releases, and we already know that Comic Ink will have an exclusive version of the G2 Ramjet that will feature custom G2 style weapons. Images mirrored below.

Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327275)
Posted by WolfDawg on December 26th, 2011 @ 11:59am CST
I'm really digging G2 Ramjet. The others are pretty ho hum. I still don't get why they didn't give Acidstorm a deco similar to his Universe counterpart.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327291)
Posted by Rated X on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:30pm CST

Acid Storm: puke green

Sunstorm: annoying red IDW fuselage

Icestorm: red dots all over his midsection

G2 Ramjet: all black helmet with no purple below the nose cone

G1 Coneheads: nose cones in jet mode are not black to match their black "nosecone helmets" in robot mode
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327294)
Posted by BeastProwl on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:36pm CST
Rated X wrote:Ramjet's helmet being all black ruins the figure. Still cant see why they chose puke green for Acid Storm. Dont see the purpose in a translucent purple seeker. Skywarp's warping has always been portrayed as "clear" not purple. How about a purple clone instead ? Ive been wanting to buy at least one version of the new mold for for one of the more obscure characters, but they keep letting me down.

Acid Storm: puke green

Sunstorm: annoying red IDW fuselage

Icestorm: red dots all over his midsection

G2 Ramjet: all black helmet with no purple below the nose cone

I Understand alot of what your saying here. I Personally like the more realistic military green used for Acid Storm as apposed to bright popping neon green. I Don't like Icestorm or sunstorms decos either. I Don't get the point of the translucent purple seeker, aside maby as cutom fodder? That G2 paint scheme to me just seems :SICK:
In fact, Acidstorm's gotta be the only one I really like here...
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327302)
Posted by wolverinetodd on December 26th, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST
I believe "Current" is supposed to be representing "Slipstream" of the Seekers. She was the purple seeker jet in "Transformers: Animated" whose name we learned after the series ended and was the only fembot of the group. However, from the looks of the robot mode of this possible "Slipstream," and the fact there doesn't appear to be any differences from the others, this purple translucent Seeker will be male.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327303)
Posted by G1 Legacy on December 26th, 2011 @ 1:03pm CST
BeastProwl wrote: I Don't get the point of the translucent purple seeker, aside maby as cutom fodder?

My first thought regarding the purple transluscent seeker was as a "Unicron scanning" version just prior to being assimilated into either Cyclonus or one of the Sweeps....just my thought.

Oh and regarding the "Rainforest", I can understand why that color can turn some people off but I like the green, it looks like a realworld 80's era middle eastern or British repaint of American-Tech from that period. I wouldn't want my masterpiece to neccesarily share an identical paint scheme with it's deluxe class counterpoint etc. As discussed in a recent podcast episode the "masterpiece" quality seems to be gradually getting spread thin more and more. I have other figures higher on my want list at the moment but I wouldn't be opposed to getting a few of these in a couple of years...maybe at a Botcon dealer table lol.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327330)
Posted by Skyfire77 on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:04pm CST
G1 Legacy wrote:

IMO, if it wasn't for the "Rainforest" code name, I'd think they were representing the green "Ultimate Doom" Seeker.

Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327337)
Posted by Rated X on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:26pm CST
Skyfire77 wrote:
G1 Legacy wrote:

I can understand why people might like the green I-Gear chose, as it does look like a cold war Mig. For me personally though, it looks like puke. Plus at least the head and a few details should be done in black.

This is why I wanted the neon green cartoon accurate deco:

Blacklights...no bachlor pad is complete without them ! ;)
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327339)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 26th, 2011 @ 3:44pm CST
You know, there's a REAL good chance the colors will change on these on the final product, right? No sense feeling down about some of the details before we see the final product.

If I were collecting MP Seekers I'd be stoked. Although Takara's Starscream has always been a contender for Acid Storm, hasn't he? Oh, well, I guess it doesn't matter either way.
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327345)
Posted by Scaleface on December 26th, 2011 @ 4:16pm CST
I think "Current" is "Air Warrior".
Re: Image of iGear's Comic Ink Exclusive G2 Ramjet Plus Two New Seeker Repaints (1327517)
Posted by Rated X on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:08am CST
Why is it BBTS sells everything else from I-Gear except the seekers ??? Being able to add it in my POL might tempt me to get one.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Minicon Slipstream Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ONE STEP CHANGER STEELJAW RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series #51 Soundwave/Chromia/Arcee/Elita-1 Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY