Transformers News: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz

Sunday, February 25th, 2018 10:12AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,904

The latest releases of Takara's Transformers Movie The Best line is out and while we have seen images of them in their packaging, we now have in hand images too. Several Twitter and Faceook users (all listed below) have uploaded images of the next wave of figures which include MB-12 Jazz, MB-13 Bonecrusher, MB-14 Megatron and MB-15 Lockdown. Below you will see the best images yet of these figures all in spiffy new paint jobs different from their original releases. We also get to finally know just how different this leader Megatron is from the previous release. He ends up being an entire shade lighter, along with the striking red paint on his face. Check out the new images below, and let us know in the Energon Pub Forums if you'll be picking these figures up or will be waiting for Hasbro's upcoming Studio Series!

Images from:
zDg54SGfNuegorj
FbLa71
Andy Leung
tagoal
Credit(s): see full list in article
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942355)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 25th, 2018 @ 10:46am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942361)
Posted by MaverickPrime on February 25th, 2018 @ 11:08am CST
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942362)
Posted by dragons on February 25th, 2018 @ 11:09am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:The paint definitely feel more "premium". Anyone who missed out on the original releases of these molds and are stuck to go to the aftermarket should consider these new Takara editions.

Nice figures but I don't see any green fungus mold anywhere
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942365)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 25th, 2018 @ 11:30am CST
MaverickPrime wrote:Oh, come on! Jazz looks exactly like his original release but with a new weapon! The Premium series did a better paintjob TEN YEARS AGO.

The weapon isn't new: it originally came with Final Battle Jazz, the one with the battle damage:

Transformers (2007) Final Battle Jazz Gallery

The MB one is the first to bundle both, so no need to double dip this time around... though the price may render that point moot.
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942417)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on February 25th, 2018 @ 3:13pm CST
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942421)
Posted by jaws on February 25th, 2018 @ 3:59pm CST
Lockdown has weapons and his visor! YAY! :michaelbay:

Megatron has his Quintessa bitch-slap! :CON:
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942424)
Posted by Emerje on February 25th, 2018 @ 4:32pm CST
Grimlocktimus wrote:Am I the only one who thinks it`s ironic that Takara is re-releasing new paint jobs while Hasbro has the (in my opinion) superior studio series coming out? Seems the tables have turned... maybe, maybe not, just my thoughts.

It isn't ironic, Takara Tomy is also releasing the Studio Series line and would have known about them before they announced the 2018 Movie the Best run.

So, getting a better look at Megatron it does seem he did retain the silver paint wash, it just doesn't show up well in pictures. I'm fine with this, what I'm not fine with is AmiAmi wanting $35 to ship it... Good thing I have some other stuff ready to ship so I'm just waiting for them to recalculate and hopefully I can offset the cost.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942427)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 25th, 2018 @ 4:52pm CST
Emerje wrote:

Emerje

Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942432)
Posted by william-james88 on February 25th, 2018 @ 5:23pm CST

The studio series line is also released by Takara
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... eam/40740/
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942472)
Posted by Emerje on February 25th, 2018 @ 10:53pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Be sure your stuff is scheduled to come out the same month or you are screwed. I learned my lesson with them and Hobby Search. Now I think I'm done with preorders for stores that don't have a "pile-of-loot" system.

No worries, it's stuff that's already out: Legends G2 Megatron and Windblade, and MP Targetmaster Hot Rod. I thought MtB Megatron would qualify for registered SAL, but the lowest was SAL parcel which was just a little less than EMS. I guess he's heavier than I thought. I'll have to keep that in mind next month when Nemesis Prime comes out.

And it worked out, I just got the new total and the EMS shipping only went up 1,500 JPY by adding the three items which was less than the their total for SAL. Hopefully I'll have all of these by next weekend.

Emerje
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942590)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on February 26th, 2018 @ 1:53pm CST
I'm digging these repaints, especially TLK Megatron. It's like candy to my eyes (unfortunately, not my taste buds... I am starving right now.) =P~
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942730)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on February 26th, 2018 @ 9:17pm CST
Ah gotcha, I thought Studio Series was a Hasbro thing due to the Hasbro toy shop having them right off the bat, my bad!
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1942870)
Posted by MaverickPrime on February 27th, 2018 @ 3:06pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Transformers (2007) Final Battle Jazz Gallery

Oh, I know, I meant it as in "new for that version of the mold", which is an even bigger complaint.
I wonder if the fact that weapon was gang molded with the damaged pieces somehow affected the paint budget, maybe they "waste" plastic on both th original gun and the damaged part and that's why they couldn't paint his damned feet.
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1943691)
Posted by shajaki on March 3rd, 2018 @ 10:44pm CST

Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947511)
Posted by Va'al on March 22nd, 2018 @ 5:00am CDT
Thanks again to our site sponsor RobotKingdom's Facebook page, we have an update on the figures from the Takara Tomy Transformers Movie the Best toyline that are due for release this week in Japan - which means we now have in package and bio images for MB-16 Jetfire, MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version, MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee, MB-19 Hound, and MB-20 Nemesis Prime!

You can check out all of the images mirrored below, and stay on the lookout for more updates this week as the figures make into the hands of usual suspects for reviews and more images of the live-action movieverse aesthetic toys. Will you be picking these up? Join the discussion in the Energon Pub and let us know!

Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947863)
Posted by william-james88 on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:36pm CDT
The final known figures part of Takara's Transformers Movie The Best line have been released and are shipping out to fans. This line comemorates the 10th year anniversary of the live action films and also includes the latest molds from Transformers The Last Knight. Many fans see these releases of these molds be the equivalent to the more premium "Takara version" one expects to get when comparing to a Hasbro release. For The Last Knight, almost all releases were identical to Hasbro's, so it is in this line that we get different paint applications. We can see several comparisons below.

The new toys released are MB-16 Jetfire, MB-17 Optimus Prime Revenge Version, MB-18 War Hammer Bumblebee, MB-19 Hound, and MB-20 Nemesis Prime. Some are very different, like Hound, while some look almost identical, like Bumblebee which still seems to have the panel misalignment problem.

We get a really good look at Hound's new accessory which also becomes a weapon storage case, with a detailed interior full of sculpted ammo. Also, look at how huge that Jetfire box is. It's pretty cool to see Takara still package their Transformers in alt mode even with this as a result.

Check out all the images below and you can visit these sources for more:

Jimmy Yu
Masyu05230714
Ben Chin
kinoko51
Alfes2010
osarekoube
kushiminaka
MKstsk
tagoal
Kwok Wai Yuen

Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947866)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:38pm CDT
I'm looking forward to my War Hammer Bee. It's been a long wait for a TLK Bee
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947875)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:51pm CDT
Even though I hate the mold, that Nemesis Prime have some NICE paint.

That Hound is also a winner. That weapon storage box is pure genius. Allow me to be an ass and hope there's a cheap KO of that acessory that will pop out for all of us who have the regular TLK voyager Hound.
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947881)
Posted by The Bumbles on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:55pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I'm looking forward to my War Hammer Bee. It's been a long wait for a TLK Bee
Oh totally, I didn't pick up a normal TLK Bee once i heard this was announced (not that it mattered since i never saw TLK Bee in my area)
Re: In Hand Images of Takara Transformers Movie The Best Lockdown, Megatron, Bonecrusher, and Jazz (1947883)
Posted by shajaki on March 23rd, 2018 @ 10:59pm CDT
Bee looks rather disappointing. He is literally the Malibu Stacy with a new hat. But since I didn't get bamboozled by the first Malibu Stacy, I guess I can't complain much.
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Transformers 4 Generations AOE Voyager GALVATRON Argosy Truck Age Movie megatron" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers jet PARTS LOT #102 Ramjet Starscream Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "Universal Studios Exclusive Transformers Bumblebee Tire Keychain New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Surge Sideswipe Optimus Prime Drift robots rescue generation" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2018 SDCC Exclusive Bumblebee Vol 1 Generations Incomplete NO TAPES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Dreadnaut & Decepticon Overlord" on EBAY
Buy "MISB Transformers Generations Roadbuster Doubledealer Autobot Decepticon RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield Windcharger Scout Class MISB" on EBAY