Friday, August 21st, 2020 9:20pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 31,250

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Mindmaster, we already have some in-hand images of the very recently revealed Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and G2 Megatron! Thanks to a post on Geek Culture, we have several in hand images of both figures, as well as an unboxing video showing their transformations (though neither has any new steps compared to their donor figures).

Transformers News: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron

Preorders are up now at Hasbro Pulse, Entertainment Earth and other sponsors, so get your preorders in now! These figures are due for release in February next year, though Entertainment Earth has them listed for a December release.

Are you excited to have some modern G2 goodness in your collection? Let us know what you think below!

Credit(s): Geek Culture

Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076958)
Posted by Notimus Crime on August 21st, 2020 @ 9:25pm CDT
Sandstorm looks pretty cool, I'll probably just get him and the original trio and then I'm going to write off buying any more seekers. I can justify getting the same guy three times because I want Skywarp and why not get Starscream to complete the trio if I'm going to be forced to get Thundercracker because he's bundled with my favorite seeker. But I can't justify getting six of the same guy when I don't really care about the coneheads that much (I like Ramjet but Dirge and Thrust are kind of meh to me). So instead I'll just get Sandstorm and he can be my conehead. And Hasbro totally won't be able to rope me into any future seeker repaints.
Nope.
None whatsoever.
I especially wouldn't buy a Nacelle.
Nope.
I have more willpower than that.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076960)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:06pm CDT
Notimus Crime wrote:I have more willpower than that.

I wish I did!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Transformers Club Exclusives G2 Ramjet Gallery

I really want to redo this shot when I finish the rest of the Classics Seekers galleries one day! I think there were 31 total ... but unfortunately no properly done Sunstorm, which has always bummed me out. I could totally go for a 32nd Classics Seeker as Sunstorm. Hell, I'd even be game for the G2 unproduced guys like Sunstorm at this point.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076961)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:09pm CDT
Megatron hits me in the nostalgia a little bit. That mold, though.

Sandstorm looks fantastic. I love the teeth on the nosecone. I wanted it as a Classics Seeker when those were a thing and I want it now. Preordered!

Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076962)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:11pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:I wonder what a Neo G2 lineup looks like by now. Between Funpub, Combiner Wars and the various other releases it has to look pretty impressive.

Hm ... :)
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076963)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:37pm CDT
I'm reeeal tempted to get that Sandstorm... But $40 seems like a bit much.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076965)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:44pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Notimus Crime wrote:I have more willpower than that.

I wish I did!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Transformers Club Exclusives G2 Ramjet Gallery

I guess the Funpub Sunstorm (with Hotlink and Bitstream) isn't your thing?
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076966)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076968)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 21st, 2020 @ 10:58pm CDT
Sentinel_Primal wrote:Annnnnnd Sandstorm's already sold out... So there goes that figure. Hopefully Thrust is at least available for longer

I just ordered him with EE. I have a feeling he'll be available again with Pulse. Red Wing is the only Selects figure that wasn't really easy to get at some point.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076969)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:00pm CDT
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076970)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:07pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why does the Entertainment Earth pic with Sandstorm and Megatron say "Decepticon Combiner"?

Maybe they're just reusing the background art from the G2 Combaticon set of WFC 1.0 Bruticus?
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076971)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:08pm CDT
I preordered with BBTS. It still seems available there.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076972)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:13pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:I guess the Funpub Sunstorm (with Hotlink and Bitstream) isn't your thing?

It's the wrong colors. Sunstorm is supposed to have white instead of black.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076973)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:23pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

It's the wrong colors. Sunstorm is supposed to have white instead of black.
Yeah, the whole mix-up with e-HOBBY that inadvertently gave us Red Wing is to blame for that. Otherwise, Fun Pub would have colored that Sunstorm correctly.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076974)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:28pm CDT
Hasbro Pulse is sold out of G2 Sandstorm already, had to go with BBTS.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076976)
Posted by Deadput on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:32pm CDT

The Seekers are that important to me to collect that I'm not gonna lose out on him like I possibly have with Red Wing and Hotlink, I'll cancel the order if a better deal pops up else where.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076980)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:38pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Notimus Crime wrote:I have more willpower than that.

I wish I did!!!! :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:

Transformers Club Exclusives G2 Ramjet Gallery
Never feel bad about taking pics of awesome group shots.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076981)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:41pm CDT
Deadput wrote:Since it's not due till February 2021 according to the site I placed a preorder on BBTS even if it's not the ideal price for a Canadian.

Hotlink is available here in the States still if you need help getting one.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076983)
Posted by Deadput on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:49pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Hotlink is available here in the States still if you need help getting one.

I get payed on the first of September, I presume you mean on Seibertron Ebay or something?

If Hotlink would still be available then I would appreciate help getting him.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076985)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:52pm CDT
Deadput wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Hotlink is available here in the States still if you need help getting one.

If Hotlink would still be available then I would appreciate help getting him.
I just bought Hotlink from Walmart in-store a few days ago.
Re: In Hand Pictures and Unboxing Video for Transformers Generations Selects G2 Sandstorm and Megatron (2076986)
Posted by Bounti76 on August 21st, 2020 @ 11:52pm CDT
One thing I just noticed.....Sandstorm has the G1 Decepticon symbol on him, and Megatron has the G2 Decepticon symbol. Shouldn't they both be G2 symbols?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "Transformers G1 Whirl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations AUTOBOT SPRINGER War for Cybertron: Siege WFC-S38" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Soundwave Voyager Class Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart Exclusive Reissue Autobot Warpath 2018 Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Voyager THUNDERCRACKER Deluxe Class NEW" on EBAY
Buy "original G1 Transformers minibot lot x5 Bumble jumper  Seaspray Windcharger +" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron OPTIMUS PRIME GALAXY UPGRADE Leader NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Voyager Class Siege: War For Cybertron Starscream Action Figure" on EBAY