In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker

In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker

Friday, November 18th, 2011 8:00am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,413

While most of us are still patiently awaiting pre-orders, fans in Japan have already started to receive their MakeToys Battle Tanker upgrade set for RtS G2 Optimus Prime/United G2 Optimus Prime. In hand images been posted to the weibo account of hamatoys, the same set plus a couple of additional shots are also making the rounds on 2Chan. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): hamatoys, 2Chan

This article was last modified on Friday, November 18th, 2011 8:22am CST

Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314057)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 18th, 2011 @ 8:26am CST
I cannot wait to get my paws on this.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314059)
Posted by TheCrookedMan on November 18th, 2011 @ 8:27am CST
I was all meh on this but these in-hand images have changed my tune. Will it work with the US release color scheme?
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314062)
Posted by Requiem Prime on November 18th, 2011 @ 8:35am CST
Sweet, now hows about a preorder?
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314068)
Posted by El Duque on November 18th, 2011 @ 8:50am CST
Requiem Prime wrote:Sweet, now hows about a preorder?

TFsource and BBTS both believe they will get these, but I was impatient and pre-ordered thru Captured Prey.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314080)
Posted by Mykltron on November 18th, 2011 @ 9:50am CST

Lol, he's holding his own hands.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314087)
Posted by Samsonator on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:34am CST
See, I'm not so sure about the hands holding hands thing... Inventive way to attach them, yeah... but could have used a back cover so it wasn't so... blatant... Otherwise shaping up to be pretty cool.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314093)
Posted by Dead Metal on November 18th, 2011 @ 10:57am CST
Mykltron wrote:Image

Lol, he's holding his own hands.

Lol if they shot lasers we could call them handguns.
Oh god that was bad, even for me.

This looks really good, I think I'll wait till after Christmas though, need my money for other things right now.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314101)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on November 18th, 2011 @ 11:13am CST
Forces are holding me back on this for QC reasons. So I'm waiting for that one soul that took one for the team to give an over all review here or video review. Even with a couple of minor flaws I can see myself all over this with my still unopened United Prime. :VEHI:
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314134)
Posted by Prime Evil on November 18th, 2011 @ 12:32pm CST
Seeing this pic makes me regret not buying the United version of the figure. I'm still hoping that they will re release this figure. But until then, I ain't paying the after market price for him, still will look good with the RTS version. I just hate the mish mash look in alt mode of the RTS.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314145)
Posted by --B-- on November 18th, 2011 @ 1:27pm CST
it's a nice upgrade to a lackluster figure, but I still prefer the original laser Optimus. And since I still have it, I passed on this, but I did pick up a RTS Prime from Marshalls the other day, I may have to open it up just for kicks.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314165)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 18th, 2011 @ 2:44pm CST
It's remarkable how little repainting this would need to become a Scourge upgrade.

Come on Hasbro, you know you want to do it! It's easy and will sell lots of toys. :D

I heard the Drift swords is only for the first batch. I hate that. Still, I might not even get this set anyway. The price is fairly reasonable, but I can't afford it.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314212)
Posted by DMSL on November 18th, 2011 @ 4:22pm CST
This set looks superb, i'm not sure yet if i'll be getting this but it sure is tempting.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314231)
Posted by Sodan-1 on November 18th, 2011 @ 5:24pm CST

On another note: what the hell??!! Where are pre-orders? Maybe MakeToy just have uber love for the home nation and are going to make us Westerners suffer with a delayed release. Something's certainly out of sorts here.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314242)
Posted by alternator77 on November 18th, 2011 @ 6:10pm CST
so when he runs out of ammo he can throw his massive hands of death at his enemies :lol: :lol: still like this set gotta admit
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314303)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on November 18th, 2011 @ 9:54pm CST
Sodan-1 wrote:The add-on set looks suitably boss on United Laser Prime. The only thing I dislike about this set is how the hands are simply held by the core figure. Looks kind of lame.

A friction fit is a better option for you?

Plus, as stated multiple times, if you don't mind paying up front like TFSource, CapturedPrey is a great site. It also appears to be 5-10 bucks cheaper than BBTS.

EDIT: Apologies, the CapturedPrey talk is on another thread.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314328)
Posted by El Duque on November 18th, 2011 @ 11:15pm CST
Here's a few more from the Planet Iacon facebook page:

Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314357)
Posted by Twitchythe3rd on November 19th, 2011 @ 1:25am CST
Dakkamus Prime?
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314362)
Posted by DevastaTTor on November 19th, 2011 @ 1:56am CST
El Duque wrote:
Requiem Prime wrote:Sweet, now hows about a preorder?

You and me both. They're in KY which is closer to me-hoping that shaves a day or so off the ship time.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314393)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on November 19th, 2011 @ 6:47am CST
DevastaTTor wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Requiem Prime wrote:Sweet, now hows about a preorder?

I too pre-ordered this through Captured Prey along with the new Kabaya kits.
Re: In-Hand Images of MakeToys Battle Tanker (1314434)
Posted by El Duque on November 19th, 2011 @ 9:54am CST
Courtesy of HK-TF have some in depth looks at MakeToys recently released Battle Tanker upgrade set for RtS G2 Optimus Prime or Takara's United version of the figure. These images give us a look at how armor upgrades attach and the instruction sheet. We've mirrored the images below.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Bundle Rare, Medix, Blades And Blurr Morbot Job Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chief Charlie Burns Rescue Cutter Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Cloudraker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Outback" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Arms Micron Shining Bumblebee Targetmaster Gun Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Runabout WFC-E41 Target Exclusive " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS CODY BURNS Figure, Rescue Axe Variant 2011." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon" on EBAY