In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp

In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp

Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 8:47am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,949

eBay seller lena81822 has listed an auction for Takara Tomy's upcoming Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp featuring a series of in-hand images. At the moment we've received no word regarding Hasbro's intentions for Skywarp in the FOC Deluxe mold leaving this version the only option for those looking to complete the classic Seeker trio. Check out the images mirrored below.

Re: In-Package Image: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster & TG-18 Skywarp

Credit(s): eBay seller lena81822

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489118)
Posted by Rated X on May 21st, 2013 @ 9:07am CDT
Nice. Glad I pre-ordered. Hope we get a Takara Thundercracker, so the Hasbro one can be converted to Triggerhappy.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489122)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 21st, 2013 @ 9:17am CDT

However, I hope Hasbro puts out a black version anyway. That one could be Skywarp, and then one could be generic seekers.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489126)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 21st, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
RiddlerJ wrote:Initially, I complained that he was too purple, but I've since seen that this is how he is colored in the game too so I retract that.
He both is and isn't game-accurate. He is in that his color set up matches the game, but he isn't in that he uses too much gray that a lot of needs to be closer to black.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489133)
Posted by Poyguimogul on May 21st, 2013 @ 10:31am CDT
Japan wanted to make it super obvious that Skywarp becomes Cyclonus. :HEADHURTS:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489165)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 21st, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
I like it, I want it, I want some more of it! :x

I'm still hoping for a domestic release so I don't have to pay $40+ for a Deluxe.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489184)
Posted by Kibble on May 21st, 2013 @ 3:23pm CDT
Skyward being made purple with gray accents is ass. They took the seeker with the best deco and made it the worst. But look at the bright side...a half-assed color scheme is perfect for a half-assed mold.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489303)
Posted by noctorro on May 22nd, 2013 @ 4:09am CDT
I'm just glad that we'll get all the 3 seekers anyway. And good thing they didn't remold the face/wings like in Armada (Why hasbro, that seeker mold was great for that time).
Will be getting him from a local import shop.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489583)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has shared in-package images of Takara Tomy's Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster with Steeljaw and TG-18 Skywarp via their facebook page. We've mirrored the packaged shots below. Shouldn't be long before we see images of these two set free and posed.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489591)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 23rd, 2013 @ 11:25am CDT
It'd be nice if I could find a freggin' Blaster locally :evil:
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489595)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 23rd, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
MP Blaster needs to be released. As much as i appreciate the release of SoundBlaster and Blaster from this mold, it's not really the aesthetic for me.
I would like something less "pointy" and angular.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489626)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 1:50pm CDT
I like this blaster but its too big for my classics collection. I want a deluxe sized one. But skywarp needs to ship soon.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489639)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:18pm CDT
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489644)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 23rd, 2013 @ 2:32pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote::KREMZEEK: Alriiiiiight it's getting closer yeah!! I can't wait to get my hands on Blaster, he looks amazing each time we get new pics. The wheels on the Takara version look so much better than the wagon wheels on Hasbro's. :VEHI:

timer1.jpg
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489659)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 23rd, 2013 @ 3:30pm CDT
This is the first representation of Blaster I've actually considered ordering, but I simply can't get past the fact it's a Soundwave remold. Maybe he's a touch too big as well. :-?
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489666)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 23rd, 2013 @ 3:46pm CDT
Really want Skywarp. Like, a lot.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489692)
Posted by RAcast on May 23rd, 2013 @ 5:03pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Really want Skywarp. Like, a lot.

My collection's lack of a Skywarp has been bugging me since I discovered the Breakaway redeco this morning. :BANG_HEAD:

On that note, if anyone has a Skywarp-looking fellow they want to unload, swing me a PM (and check my post in the Wants thread). Thanks. :)

I do wish this Skywarp had more black than grey though, I feel like that may have come out a bit better.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489761)
Posted by rpetras on May 23rd, 2013 @ 10:53pm CDT
Fail, thy name is Skywarp.
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489952)
Posted by El Duque on May 24th, 2013 @ 1:30pm CDT
Japanese toy blogger Alfres 2010 has posted a gallery of Takara Tomy's recently released Transformers Generations TG-17 Blaster with Steeljaw. The figures feature the line's signature metallic paint applications compared to their Hasbro counterparts. We've mirrored a few of his images below, including some comparison shots with domestic versions. The full gallery can be found be clicking here.

Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1489987)
Posted by Rated X on May 24th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
Not the metallic finish I had in mind. But looks great ! My Hasbro Blaster was customized to Twincast, so the differences on this version make it better to have than buying another Hasbro version. Cant wait to get him along with the KFC cassettes and Perfect Effect Minions. The discs...well ill find a spot for them somewhere as cybertronian hockey pucks... ;)
Re: In-Hand Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-18 Skywarp (1490009)
Posted by kirbenvost on May 24th, 2013 @ 4:06pm CDT
Man, this is one sharp Takara version! I like the Hasbro one but this looks pretty amazing in comparison. Still, for budget reasons I'm sticking with Hasbro.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2016 Generations Titans Return Deluxe Class SKULLSMASHER & GRAX!" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome Headmasters Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers robots in disguise generations Megatron, Scourge, Primus and More!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullsmasher Grax Skullcruncher g1 headmaster wfc" on EBAY
Buy "SUPER 7 REACTION TRANSFORMERS GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE ACTION FIGURE NEW IN HAND" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY
Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: 2017 Generations Power of the Primes Vector Prime Prime Master" on EBAY