Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

Sunday, January 18th, 2009 5:25pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 35,184

Jazz - Transformers Movie Car (Pontiac Solstice) was auctioned off on Sunday at the Barrett-Jackson Car auction in Scottsdale, AZ. The car sold for $19,500. Before you think this was a steal, keep in mind that because the car was modified for the movie, it does not comply with Federal, State, or Local Laws and therefore cannot be driven on public roads. You can check out the details here. Lot number 1570.2

{L_IMAGE}

Credit(s): DavidT, Brian Mathis, Barrett-Jackson

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 18th, 2009 5:37pm CST

Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869345)
Posted by gunman_sr5 on January 18th, 2009 @ 5:35pm CST
Lots do go in order. Unfortunately Jazz sold during a commercial...
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869346)
Posted by Autobotic9 on January 18th, 2009 @ 5:35pm CST
If I had the cash and a Tony Stark garage, I'd buy it. :P
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869351)
Posted by Bouncy X on January 18th, 2009 @ 5:53pm CST
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869353)
Posted by gunman_sr5 on January 18th, 2009 @ 6:01pm CST
Most factory modified cars are not legal for street use. I have never looked into details why.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869356)
Posted by Forgotten on January 18th, 2009 @ 6:12pm CST
problably exhaust modifications. That will make many cars non-compliant with EPA crap. As for Jazz, I would say it's probably going to be set up like a drag car(no real interior, airbags, etc.) Hell even taking out the seatbelts makes it illegal to drive. I had a '69 mach 1 mustang that didn't come with seatbelts and the highway patrol made me install some. :sad: ruined that car
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869368)
Posted by Firebird on January 18th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CST
gunman_sr5 wrote:Unfortunately Jazz sold during a commercial...

Lame. I was watching the coverage most of the week, And they seemed to make a habit of cutting to commercials as soon as the specific Camaro or Vette I wanted to see crossed the auction block.

Aside from that, the rest of the auction was very entertaining.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869373)
Posted by Sherade on January 18th, 2009 @ 6:57pm CST
forgotten wrote: I had a '69 mach 1 mustang that didn't come with seatbelts and the highway patrol made me install some. :sad: ruined that car

You HAD one?
What possessed you either financially or mentally to get rid of it?
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869399)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 18th, 2009 @ 7:48pm CST
Bouncy X wrote:it cant be driven in public due to changes made? hmmm interesting, anybody know exactly what changes they made to it to cause this?

I heard that on a lot of the bots they were driven from the back seet or something, so it would look like nobody was in it while it was moving.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869414)
Posted by flamewavex on January 18th, 2009 @ 8:01pm CST
backseat of this would be.....real hard to drive.

maybe it was remote controlled...
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869418)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 18th, 2009 @ 8:04pm CST
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869469)
Posted by Rated X on January 18th, 2009 @ 9:40pm CST
Nice whip ! If it was bought by some body in Miami (my hometown) trust me...it will see some road use. Aint nothing street leagal out here. :)
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869476)
Posted by First-Aid on January 18th, 2009 @ 9:50pm CST
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I knew that was him. No one believed me when i said it. I was watching the news last week and they had some one there showing the pope car and their was Jazz in the background.

Now that gives me a great idea...turn the Popemobile into a Transformer! That would rock...in a humble, forgiving, papal kind of way 8)
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869515)
Posted by RodimalToyota on January 18th, 2009 @ 11:32pm CST
I saw him in Person yesterday...

If I had been there during its Auction I would have thrown a Bid on it.
19,5 is a steal regardless of "scrap Title"
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869537)
Posted by Rodimus_Hotrod on January 19th, 2009 @ 1:48am CST
looks cool not 1 of my fave cars but id like it
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869614)
Posted by TheMuffin on January 19th, 2009 @ 6:19am CST
RodimalToyota wrote:I saw him in Person yesterday...

If I had been there during its Auction I would have thrown a Bid on it.
19,5 is a steal regardless of "scrap Title"

Bingo. That's one you rebuild man. I wish I could have gotten in on him. Would have sold off half my possessions for it.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869623)
Posted by PrivatePoop on January 19th, 2009 @ 6:54am CST
Sherade wrote:

You HAD one?
What possessed you either financially or mentally to get rid of it?

More importantly, how does installing seatbelts ruin a car?
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869672)
Posted by Forgotten on January 19th, 2009 @ 8:26am CST
I had a son and needed to get a safer family car, so I got rid of my mustang. And the way putting in seatbelts ruined it was because I had to drill holes in the body to mount them. If you're not a collector i'll inform you. If you so much as trim the dash of a classic to put in a newer radio you've ruined the value of that car. Any aftermarket modification makes the value suffer.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (869842)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 19th, 2009 @ 1:21pm CST

As some folks have said, it may be exhaust mods. I'm betting that the more likely candidate is changes to the frame/chassis, front end, and doors that impacted it's crash-worthiness. You could probably change the exaust back over to something closer to spec to get it to pass state and federal emmissions. But it's hard to put structural support back into a one-of-a-kind and have it pass... unless you're willing to crash it several times first.

I suspect if you opened the doors or looked under the hood, it would look considerably different than a factory Solstace.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (870543)
Posted by Sherade on January 20th, 2009 @ 3:19pm CST
PrivatePoop wrote:
Sherade wrote:

You HAD one?
What possessed you either financially or mentally to get rid of it?

More importantly, how does installing seatbelts ruin a car?

You have to be a Mustang fan to understand.
Re: Jazz Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson (870716)
Posted by Transtopias Rodimus Prime on January 20th, 2009 @ 7:31pm CST
With as little screen time as Jazz saw, what mods would they have done, except the wheels and spoiler? Did they remove the engine to make it more filmable? Less than 20G is just wrong. I would buy 2 at that price. It makes me ill thinking a nobody non-tfan is driving Jazz.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Child's Costume with jumpsuit and mask " on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers APEFACE War for Cybertron Siege WFC-S50 - Loose Complete" on EBAY
Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY