Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline

Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline

Friday, March 25th, 2011 10:52pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Interviews
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,194

Entertainment website CraveOnline recently caught up with the multi-talented funny man Ken Jeong to discuss some of his upcoming projects. Multi-talented? In addition to becoming a well known comedic actor on both big and small screens in films such as The Hangover and NBC's Community, he's also a doctor. The Duke graduate attained his MD at the University of North Carolina and completed his Internal Medicine residency in New Orleans.

CraveOnline: Do actors ask you for medical advice?

Ken Jeong: Every single one I’ve ever worked with. And I have to keep it confidential I guess. Still bound by that, geez. Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in.

Oh, and he's also going to be in a little film coming out this summer that you may have heard of, Transformers Dark of the Moon.

CraveOnline: Do you get a cool role in Transformers 3?

Ken Jeong: Yeah, it’s a small role in Transformers but yeah. I had an out of body experience working on that one because I just couldn’t believe I was [there].

To read the rest of the interview and see what Ken had to say about working with director Michael Bay click here! (Don't worry, it's spoiler free)

What are your thoughts on Senor Chang's involvement in DOTM? Discuss here!

Credit(s): CraveOnline

This article was last modified on Saturday, March 26th, 2011 12:07pm CDT

Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200107)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 25th, 2011 @ 11:27pm CDT
This guy is hilarious! I'm glad he's in TF3.
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200120)
Posted by The Dude on March 26th, 2011 @ 12:17am CDT
This. Unless, of course, it's one last racist dig for the road. He is Asian, after all.
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200190)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 26th, 2011 @ 8:53am CDT
Hmmm.I was thinking of someone else. But this guy is funny, I remember him in The Hangover.
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200192)
Posted by First-Aid on March 26th, 2011 @ 9:21am CDT
It's nice to see Hollywood isn't completely loaded with fabid air-heads and weirdos (Tom Cruise anyone?) and that there may actually be some intelligence in there somewhere. Class act. I doubt his role will be racist...seems like he's too smart for that. Not that I believe for a moment there were racist scenes in ROTF. (trying to not get started on race vs popular culture again)
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200230)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 26th, 2011 @ 10:17am CDT
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200256)
Posted by First-Aid on March 26th, 2011 @ 11:17am CDT
godzillabot wrote:I saw this guy in something… what was it? Oh yeah Furry Vengeance! That was a funny movie although I’m not sure how come Mr. Fraser had to gain so much poundage! Here’s hoping that he won’t be another racist character.

STOP GOADING ME! :-x
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200376)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 26th, 2011 @ 3:45pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

You're still hung up on Skids and Mudflap being portrayed as gangbangers? That was 2 years ago, man...
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200412)
Posted by First-Aid on March 26th, 2011 @ 5:16pm CDT
Rodimus Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

Agreed. Those characters were not racist, they were pop culture stereotypes. pop culture isn't a race. That's like saying Parrotheads are a race. Seriously. I just never understood how one can make the connection without in fact stereotyping a race themselves...and THAT is racist.

(sigh) OKay, I got it out of my system. I'm gonna go find my Crown Royal again...
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200422)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on March 26th, 2011 @ 5:51pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

You do that...and enjoy. :)
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200451)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 26th, 2011 @ 7:21pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

I am honestly sorry, :-( I was not trying to offend you. If your opinion of the Twins is different then mine… then your opinion is different then mine :D
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200494)
Posted by First-Aid on March 26th, 2011 @ 9:12pm CDT
godzillabot wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

I'll drink to that...again... 8-}
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200723)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on March 27th, 2011 @ 1:10pm CDT
That would be a rather interesting character to find in DOTM. I wonder who he will play or if he is a serious character, comedic releif, or a small cameo like Ranin Wilson.
Re: Ken Jeong Talks DOTM with CraveOnline (1200743)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 27th, 2011 @ 1:30pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

STOP GOADING ME! :-x

Yes, if I'm correct, you must associate a race with a stereotype before calling the stereotype racist. I thought the twins were "gansta's" but I think anyone can be in a gang.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY