This page contains affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.

Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Saturday, December 17th, 2022 9:16PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Reviews
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 48,242

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

This page may contain affiliate links. We may earn commissions when readers interact with or purchase items through these links. For more information, see our affiliate disclosures here.


Many got their set and we wrote to show you what issues to look for. For those who didn't get their sets and are wondering if it's worth the secondary market prices you see, here are a handful of reviews including some from our own Seibertron community. We'll start with a transformation video from Chuckdawg which can help anyone who found the instructions too small or confusing, followed by two reviews and an extensive photo review.
Enjoy!

chuckdawg1999 wrote:






-Kanrabat- wrote:
HASLAB VICTORY SABER IS FINALLY HERE!

It came in a tight brown shipping box and within that box is the standard Hasbro brown shipping box.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Within that inner shipping box is the real box, but it was wrapped in thin paper for further protection.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The box have beautiful color pictures in shiny metallic colors all over.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The box is even reversible, with the other cover that hommage the original G1 gift set box. But I'm not risking tearing things up in reversing that cover.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

In the open box is covered by a very nice cardboard poster.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The first tray got many accessories and the instructions manual.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set
Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

That instruction manual suck harder than a black hole. The pictures are tiny and not that clear despite being in full colors. But the most insulting is that once again, instead of a nice booklet, the instructions are once again on a single giant sheet.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

You also get that usual warning/copyrights sheet and a sheet that have two stickers.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Removing the top tray, we see Leo and Saber and all the rest of their accessories.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Once everything are unboxed, this is what you get:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Why those stickers? Those goes on Leo's wings. But why? There's paint all over everything so why? Maybe it was a last minute design oopsie that was fixed by including stickers?

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

There's just two and are easy enough to apply. Still an odd design decision though.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

For some reasons, there's two micromasters included. Eh, why not? Those two are pretty similar to what we already got in Siege/Earthrise, but I'll take those free bonusses. Those bots have a surprisingly great amount of paint aps.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

On to Star Saber himself. He looks absolutely stunning! Great amount of details, lots of paint, and he feels nice in hand.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Strangely enough, his poseability is limited. He can barely move like an old Cybertron or Universe toy. His calves panels for transformation are loosely tabbed and come undone easily. That transformation joint do help posing though.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Compared to the G1 original, the new HASLAB one is dwarfed.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Up next is Victory Leo. he's beautiful but they could have filled in the gaps under those canons. Unless I missed it, they didn't mentioned how to attach the giant railgun at his hips. There's clear notches for the black handle to clip on.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Comparison with the original G1. Once again, the G1 is a giant.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Unfortunately for Leo, he pose even less than Star Saber.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Leo and Saber:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Star Saber is a real matryoshka doll. There's Saber inside, who is roughly a small deluxe.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

He loos fantastic and his poseability is not too bad.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The size difference with the G1 original is even more absurd.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

And to Inception deeper, Saber is controlled by a Brainmaster, a micro mini Saber.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The Haslab one may be the tiniest Transforming transformers ever.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Half the size of a damn Titan Return Titan Master!

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Saber can turn into a jet and the micro Brain can pilot it:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The jet mode is pretty much perfect despite having an obvious robot chest underneath.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Comparison with the big G1.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The big ship Star Saber is absolutely superb. The bonus shield and flames effects complete the package nicely.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Bizarrely enough, no landing gears at all.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

With the G1. Too bad the G1 do not have a shield.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

On to Victory Leo's lion form. He's beautiful, but his poseability is not really better than the original G1.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

With the G1.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

I didn't thought Leo could have an individual ship mode. It's a cube with wings but eh, why not? Dare I say, why not?

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

I didn't knew the G1 original could do it as well:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Once combined, the Victory Saber ship is enormous as expected.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

I just find odd that we cannot center the giant railgun on the ship.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Still no landing gears, but that's where the stand comes into play:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

For some reason, I forgot to take a picture comparing both giant ships... #-o

Anyway, here's the final stretch, the complete robot of Victory Saber!

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Obviously, it can barely pose, but making the combined mode was easy and it's pretty solid and stable.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Final G1 comparison:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

The stand can be used for the bot mode and this allow us to be a bit mode crazy:

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

So in the end, was it worth the money?

HELL YEAH, EVERY SINGLE CENTS!

HASLAB Victory Saber is very deserving of the title "mini masterpiece". Compared to the original he may be small, but he may be in scale with generations toys. With how "complex"
this toy is and how many parts are compressed in this, HASLAB Victory Saber justify the Titan price.

You may be aware that many have been produced with factory defects, but it may be just a a few dozens out of 25K+ units. Mine is perfect with no misassembly, no missing parts, nor tolerance issues.

Transformers News: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set

If you're a backer and you've yet to try your own HASLAB Victory saber, you have a nice preview here. If you're not and you're stuck in buying the set on eBay, good luck! Hope this review will help you swallow that huge pill!

Thank you for reading.

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151945)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 17th, 2022 @ 9:30pm CST
@Kanra: There is too landing gear. The yellow knees fold out to help the jet stand up straight.

Also, Smallest Transformers Ravage has the little Brainmaster beat in being the tiniest Transformer ever. ;)

Image
Smallest Transformers Ravage (Jaguar) Gallery
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151946)
Posted by ScottyP on December 17th, 2022 @ 9:35pm CST
This set's pretty underwhelming, but a lot of that feeling for me likely stems from getting hit with a copy that has very bad chrome. In general though it feels like a big pile of cut corners, which would be fine if this were a retail Commander toy + Leader toy, but isn't really ok for a Haslab. By cut corners I mean the materials it's made out of. There's a great deal here that's what we'd call the bad plastic that will be yellow or green in 18-24 months, you know what I mean - that soft crud that's been in use since Siege that looks like polished down 3D printer output. Why was I putting a sticker right next to a similar paint app? Why is this sticker over a complex/curved surface? Why is the combined jet mode riddled with uncovered screw holes? The answer (probably) is, despite this being a crowdfund where this can be accounted for in advance, straight-up maximization of profits on a product fully paid for before the first one rolls off the line.

Stand looks cool at least.

I hope Deathsaurus is better. And please, someone, don't let this team near chrome again.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151948)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 17th, 2022 @ 10:12pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:@Kanra: There is too landing gear. The yellow knees fold out to help the jet stand up straight.

Also, Smallest Transformers Ravage has the little Brainmaster beat in being the tiniest Transformer ever. ;)

Image
Smallest Transformers Ravage (Jaguar) Gallery


I learned about that in my photo review thread.

Also, holy crap that micro Ravage! :shock:
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151950)
Posted by joevill on December 18th, 2022 @ 12:02am CST
great photos!
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151952)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on December 18th, 2022 @ 1:31am CST
ScottyP wrote:This set's pretty underwhelming, but a lot of that feeling for me likely stems from getting hit with a copy that has very bad chrome. In general though it feels like a big pile of cut corners, which would be fine if this were a retail Commander toy + Leader toy, but isn't really ok for a Haslab. By cut corners I mean the materials it's made out of. There's a great deal here that's what we'd call the bad plastic that will be yellow or green in 18-24 months, you know what I mean - that soft crud that's been in use since Siege that looks like polished down 3D printer output. Why was I putting a sticker right next to a similar paint app? Why is this sticker over a complex/curved surface? Why is the combined jet mode riddled with uncovered screw holes? The answer (probably) is, despite this being a crowdfund where this can be accounted for in advance, straight-up maximization of profits on a product fully paid for before the first one rolls off the line.

Stand looks cool at least.

I hope Deathsaurus is better. And please, someone, don't let this team near chrome again.


While I can agree that significant paint issues can certainly tarnish a release... although the project was crowd funded I think we need to keep in mind that, like Unicron, these are ulimately still CHUG/Universe/Retail toys. They're designed by the same times, made in the same factories, likely using the same materials.

I agree the plastic quality has felt... weird lately, softer, lighter, I'm guess it's a cost saving measure and is either a higher recycle yield or something. But the times change- companies have to appease their ever-hungry shareholders.

All-in-all I felt this was a wonderful release of a set of figures I'd likely never be able to afford (or want to pay for) G1s, and the Robotmasters line was underwhelming.

So I feel like this filled a blind spot in collecting, of a unique leader that maybe *now* would possibly sell at retail, but if you think corner were cut here... you'd be less happy with a mass retail product.

Honestly, the saddest part about this being a HasLab is the idea that someday someone is going to be trolling a fan site for the first time, see pictures of this marvelous figure... and be torn to bits that they'll likely never get the chance to buy one (at least until they're making very high disposable income).
---------------------------------------
I know everyone's been up-in-arms over the yellowing white plastic... but I can't say I've noticed it... but I don't keep my collection in day-bulb-bright rooms under white lights.

I will say I noticed how badly my RiD/Car Robots2000 Ultra Magnus yellowed... but I'll be the first to admit he was too close to windows when I was growing up.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151955)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 18th, 2022 @ 7:06am CST
joevill wrote:great photos!


Thanks! It's a miracle that for once, only one picture that I took was a blurry mess (that I deleted).
I still kick myself to have forgotten to take the picture comparing the giant combined ships, HASLAB VS G1. I transformed them both and all too... #-o
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151956)
Posted by ScottyP on December 18th, 2022 @ 7:43am CST
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
While I can agree that significant paint issues can certainly tarnish a release... although the project was crowd funded I think we need to keep in mind that, like Unicron, these are ulimately still CHUG/Universe/Retail toys. They're designed by the same times, made in the same factories, likely using the same materials.

I would agree, but look up how they packaged Haslab Galactus and compare to the tie-downs directly over the chrome with no protection on Victory Saber. That takes the excuse away, at least for me.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151957)
Posted by Emerje on December 18th, 2022 @ 8:39am CST
ScottyP wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
While I can agree that significant paint issues can certainly tarnish a release... although the project was crowd funded I think we need to keep in mind that, like Unicron, these are ulimately still CHUG/Universe/Retail toys. They're designed by the same times, made in the same factories, likely using the same materials.

I would agree, but look up how they packaged Haslab Galactus and compare to the tie-downs directly over the chrome with no protection on Victory Saber. That takes the excuse away, at least for me.

They definitely cut a few corners compared to even Unicron who had a lot of care taken with his internal packaging. I found a few of Star Saber's ties weren't even properly fastened. I did notice that the ones over the chrome on mine were loose which I'm guessing is an attempt to keep them from rubbing.

Caps to cover the screw holes and VL's canons like we got with Unicron would have been nice for what we paid.

As far as learning for Deathsaurus, they seem to have done a better job of hiding gaps and screw holes, and we know from a video that they're using proper vac metal with him rather than gold leaf (I think that's what they called it) like with VS. I just hope he comes in a proper box with flaps (doesn't have to be taped) rather than a loose slip cover that likes to slide off.

Emerje
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151960)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 18th, 2022 @ 9:08am CST
Emerje wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
SpikeyTigertron wrote:
While I can agree that significant paint issues can certainly tarnish a release... although the project was crowd funded I think we need to keep in mind that, like Unicron, these are ulimately still CHUG/Universe/Retail toys. They're designed by the same times, made in the same factories, likely using the same materials.

I would agree, but look up how they packaged Haslab Galactus and compare to the tie-downs directly over the chrome with no protection on Victory Saber. That takes the excuse away, at least for me.

They definitely cut a few corners compared to even Unicron who had a lot of care taken with his internal packaging. I found a few of Star Saber's ties weren't even properly fastened. I did notice that the ones over the chrome on mine were loose which I'm guessing is an attempt to keep them from rubbing.

Caps to cover the screw holes and VL's canons like we got with Unicron would have been nice for what we paid.

As far as learning for Deathsaurus, they seem to have done a better job of hiding gaps and screw holes, and we know from a video that they're using proper vac metal with him rather than gold leaf (I think that's what they called it) like with VS. I just hope he comes in a proper box with flaps (doesn't have to be taped) rather than a loose slip cover that likes to slide off.

Emerje


The tie of my Star Saber's right foot is not even tied up on both ends to the plastic tray, it was just hanging on one end. While the ties that cross over the chromed chests on both Victory Saber & Victory Leo are fastened too well. Both are already scratched before I took the figures out.


I still haven't heard from Hasbro about the missing handle on the cannon.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2151966)
Posted by sol magnus on December 18th, 2022 @ 10:41am CST
Haven't even shot my review yet..but it's coming.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152030)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on December 18th, 2022 @ 8:02pm CST
As someone unlikely to ever handle this set I just wanted to saya big THANK YOU to everyone sharing their photos and videos. It's wonderful to see and hear the toy in action and has been brightening my days. Thank you all.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152033)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on December 18th, 2022 @ 8:16pm CST
So, I was a little underwhelmed at first. My set was near perfect, with only a strange smudge on Leo's chrome (that thankfully rubeed off easily with a thumb!) and really loose legs on the micromasters (can't transform Holi without one or both legs falling off!)

But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag. But after a week of playing with him, I've changed my tune. Getting two figures plus two micromasters and a cool stand seem worth it (I don't consider the cannon and blast effects as bonuses, they were mandatory in my mind). And all the different modes are super fun (haven't tried the base mode out actually...shame it doesn't connect to Prime Wars or WFC bases) and add to the play value.

Personally, I really like Victory Leo and find him to have less "issues" than the rest of the set. Oh, and I flipped the sleeve around (carefully) and really like the G1 box feel.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152042)
Posted by Emerje on December 18th, 2022 @ 10:37pm CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152047)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 18th, 2022 @ 11:21pm CST
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje


Maybe the British's Oxford dictionary delisted the word. You know them Brits - they keep calm, they can't be bothered, and their lot in life simply can't be underwhelmed by anything anymore post-Brexit/Johnson/Truss. The word's been erased from their lexicon due to disuse... 8-}
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152058)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 19th, 2022 @ 4:45am CST
cloudballoon wrote:
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje


Maybe the British's Oxford dictionary delisted the word. You know them Brits - they keep calm, they can't be bothered, and their lot in life simply can't be underwhelmed by anything anymore post-Brexit/Johnson/Truss. The word's been erased from their lexicon due to disuse... 8-}


Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things. So like Wikipedia, I take their definitions with HALF a grain of salt.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152061)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 19th, 2022 @ 5:38am CST
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152066)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on December 19th, 2022 @ 8:11am CST
Whew, I seem to have lucked out in the QC department. Chrome is fine, micromasters are fairly tight, the holes are punched properly for the nose of the jet. The only slight issue is 2 of the 6 blast effects being a bit warped, but they have even recovered somewhat so far.

Great set, really glad to have it.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152067)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on December 19th, 2022 @ 8:16am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje




Maybe the British's Oxford dictionary delisted the word. You know them Brits - they keep calm, they can't be bothered, and their lot in life simply can't be underwhelmed by anything anymore post-Brexit/Johnson/Truss. The word's been erased from their lexicon due to disuse... 8-}


Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things. So like Wikipedia, I take their definitions with HALF a grain of salt.


I guess there are no Sloan fans in the room...

:-D
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152070)
Posted by Emerje on December 19th, 2022 @ 9:05am CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje




Maybe the British's Oxford dictionary delisted the word. You know them Brits - they keep calm, they can't be bothered, and their lot in life simply can't be underwhelmed by anything anymore post-Brexit/Johnson/Truss. The word's been erased from their lexicon due to disuse... 8-}


Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things. So like Wikipedia, I take their definitions with HALF a grain of salt.


I guess there are no Sloan fans in the room...

:-D

Image

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Emerje
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152071)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on December 19th, 2022 @ 9:12am CST
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
cloudballoon wrote:
Emerje wrote:
MeGrimlock78 wrote:But my underwhelmed (if that's a word. I know it's not 'cause I looked it up) feeling came from it seeming like there wasn't enough toy for the price tag.


Merriam-Webster wrote:underwhelm
verb
un·​der·​whelm ˌən-dər-ˈ(h)welm
underwhelmed; underwhelming; underwhelms
transitive verb

: to fail to impress or stimulate
the movie underwhelmed most reviewers


You need a new dictionary. :lol:

Emerje




Maybe the British's Oxford dictionary delisted the word. You know them Brits - they keep calm, they can't be bothered, and their lot in life simply can't be underwhelmed by anything anymore post-Brexit/Johnson/Truss. The word's been erased from their lexicon due to disuse... 8-}


Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things. So like Wikipedia, I take their definitions with HALF a grain of salt.


I guess there are no Sloan fans in the room...

:-D

Image

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Emerje


Just a little band from Canada's East Coast.

images.jpeg
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152073)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 19th, 2022 @ 10:36am CST
I'm out of loop with pop music.
But here, the loop may as well be in another galaxy! :lol:
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152076)
Posted by william-james88 on December 19th, 2022 @ 12:12pm CST
Hasbro was mixed up with my correspondence regarding my issues with Victory Saber, but I think I at least reached the right department now:

Hi Victory Saber fan,

Thank you for reaching out about the Transformers Victory Saber HasLab. We understand your frustration and are investigating as quickly as possible. We will be back in touch with you shortly regarding the remedy and next steps.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152078)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on December 19th, 2022 @ 12:27pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro was mixed up with my correspondence regarding my issues with Victory Saber, but I think I at least reached the right department now:

Hi Victory Saber fan,

Thank you for reaching out about the Transformers Victory Saber HasLab. We understand your frustration and are investigating as quickly as possible. We will be back in touch with you shortly regarding the remedy and next steps.


Fingers crossed for a quick resolution!
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152095)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 19th, 2022 @ 8:59pm CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:Hasbro was mixed up with my correspondence regarding my issues with Victory Saber, but I think I at least reached the right department now:

Hi Victory Saber fan,

Thank you for reaching out about the Transformers Victory Saber HasLab. We understand your frustration and are investigating as quickly as possible. We will be back in touch with you shortly regarding the remedy and next steps.


Fingers crossed for a quick resolution!


I emailed Hasbro on 12/9. Haven't heard back from them after that "Thanks for your inquiry" email.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152108)
Posted by Glyph on December 20th, 2022 @ 4:12am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things.

I think you misspelled "to follow evolving usage".

Signed, someone who understands how dictionaries work.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152109)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 4:33am CST
Glyph wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things.

I think you misspelled "to follow evolving usage".

Signed, someone who understands how dictionaries work.



Normally definitions change after DECADES of such usage. The usage must be cemented and deeply rooted in the culture to be worthy of a dictionary entry. But since a few years, things change at a ridiculous pace and new words and terms get dictionary entries or changes even when they are only months old. It's ridiculous.

I blame the current click-hungry, algorithm dependent social media climate we're currently in. And it's not going to change anytime soon.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152116)
Posted by sol magnus on December 20th, 2022 @ 8:01am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Glyph wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Not to derail the thread but too many dictionaries change the definition of words just to follow some hip and trendy "social justice" flavor-of-the-month things.

I think you misspelled "to follow evolving usage".

Signed, someone who understands how dictionaries work.



Normally definitions change after DECADES of such usage. The usage must be cemented and deeply rooted in the culture to be worthy of a dictionary entry. But since a few years, things change at a ridiculous pace and new words and terms get dictionary entries or changes even when they are only months old. It's ridiculous.

I blame the current click-hungry, algorithm dependent social media climate we're currently in. And it's not going to change anytime soon.

Not sure how "social justice" plays into that, but okay. I do notice words get 'legitimized' faster, but it's likely due to the connectedness of people using the internet/social media far more prevalently (as you pretty much said).
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152117)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 8:21am CST
sol magnus wrote:Not sure how "social justice" plays into that, but okay. I do notice words get 'legitimized' faster, but it's likely due to the connectedness of people using the internet/social media far more prevalently (as you pretty much said).


Socjust is just a tiny piece of the overall puzzle.
At first, it took millenia to change culture. Then, it took hundreds of years. Starting with the 20th century culture shifted every decades. Then the internet happened and things started getting insane.


We sure live in interesting times. :POPCORN:
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152119)
Posted by o.supreme on December 20th, 2022 @ 9:21am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:We sure live in interesting times. :POPCORN:
Very True. The good news is that with the understanding that all Human Beings are flawed, its always reassuring to know that flawed definitions can never cancel Truth.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152120)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 9:23am CST
o.supreme wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:We sure live in interesting times. :POPCORN:
Very True. The good news is that with the understanding that all Human Beings are flawed, its always reassuring to know that flawed definitions can never cancel Truth.


Amen.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152124)
Posted by King Kuuga on December 20th, 2022 @ 12:08pm CST
Enough squabbling about dictionaries and changing times, let's talk about Victory Saber.

I finally opened mine. He seems free from defects except some paint splash here and there. I'm not a fan of the wing stickers. I really wish the underside of the cannons, which are the side you're going to see most of the time, were filled in. Everything else? Amazing. So glad I got this guy. My only problem is I have nowhere to put him. But I'm getting new shelving soon so that should be remedied. He's currently occupying a spot on a low dresser beside my Lego Optimus Prime and some other miscellany.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152127)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 1:20pm CST
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152128)
Posted by sol magnus on December 20th, 2022 @ 1:21pm CST
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152131)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 20th, 2022 @ 1:35pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:Enough squabbling about dictionaries and changing times, let's talk about Victory Saber.

I finally opened mine. He seems free from defects except some paint splash here and there. I'm not a fan of the wing stickers. I really wish the underside of the cannons, which are the side you're going to see most of the time, were filled in. Everything else? Amazing. So glad I got this guy. My only problem is I have nowhere to put him. But I'm getting new shelving soon so that should be remedied. He's currently occupying a spot on a low dresser beside my Lego Optimus Prime and some other miscellany.


Surely some 3P upgrade kit company is already working on a set with a pair of shoulder cannons replacement. I like a longer sword blade too (that can be stored at the back of the flight stand). I hate paying crazy money for it, but without a 3D printer to DIY, and really want VS stand up to Deathsaurus in a sword fight, I'll have to shell out the dough.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152135)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:16pm CST
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152138)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:24pm CST
Did someone here have a problem with their Victory Leo having a broken transformation joint on the right hip? It's the joint that swings out for boot mode, there's missing/broken plastic so it doesn't latch in properly.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152139)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:25pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Did someone here have a problem with their Victory Leo having a broken transformation joint on the right hip? It's the joint that swings out for boot mode, there's missing/broken plastic so it doesn't latch in properly.


Got a picture?
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152140)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:27pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Did someone here have a problem with their Victory Leo having a broken transformation joint on the right hip? It's the joint that swings out for boot mode, there's missing/broken plastic so it doesn't latch in properly.


Got a picture?


I don't, but the person who had the issue did. I have the same issue and I wanted to chat with them, God I hope it wasn't on Twitter.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152143)
Posted by King Kuuga on December 20th, 2022 @ 5:52pm CST
cloudballoon wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:Enough squabbling about dictionaries and changing times, let's talk about Victory Saber.

I finally opened mine. He seems free from defects except some paint splash here and there. I'm not a fan of the wing stickers. I really wish the underside of the cannons, which are the side you're going to see most of the time, were filled in. Everything else? Amazing. So glad I got this guy. My only problem is I have nowhere to put him. But I'm getting new shelving soon so that should be remedied. He's currently occupying a spot on a low dresser beside my Lego Optimus Prime and some other miscellany.


Surely some 3P upgrade kit company is already working on a set with a pair of shoulder cannons replacement.

No sooner did I post when someone shared an upgrade part for the cannons (and Saber's arms). So that's good news.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152155)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 20th, 2022 @ 10:10pm CST
Did I miss something? I can't believe that Victory Saber CAN'T hold the V-lock cannon up. The shoulder lasers are blocked by the wings so the arms are barely pulling of 45° at best.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152157)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 20th, 2022 @ 10:56pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Did I miss something? I can't believe that Victory Saber CAN'T hold the V-lock cannon up. The shoulder lasers are blocked by the wings so the arms are barely pulling of 45° at best.


That's how it is. The only way I can see Victory Saber's arms can be raised above 45° is the lasers can be retracted into the shoulders - which it can't.

VS's limited articulation is one of the myriad minor disappointments of this HasLab, and it adds up. Looks great, doesn't pose well, especially if you consider it as a swordman (more like daggerman). The sum of its part is a bit underwhelming for me as a total package after the initial "new car smell" phase.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152158)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2022 @ 11:03pm CST
He can still hold it upright in normal Star Saber mode, though, right?

It's one of Victory Leo's weapons, but when the two are tag-teaming, Victory Leo could theoretically just toss it over to Star Saber to let him use it. Victory Leo still has his two other guns to use in the meantime.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152159)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 20th, 2022 @ 11:05pm CST
I have him only hold the tip of the handle. That allows his elbow to bend enough to get the cannon higher. It's not ideal, but it's possible.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152160)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 20th, 2022 @ 11:25pm CST
I can't believe the G1 toy did it better.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152162)
Posted by King Kuuga on December 21st, 2022 @ 1:52am CST
PXL_20221221_074713290.jpg

PXL_20221221_074729160.jpg

PXL_20221221_074737345.jpg


Come on, people, it's not that hard.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152170)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 21st, 2022 @ 12:47pm CST
Grahf_ wrote:Just got done looking over my set. Everything looked good at first while I was getting them out. I then checked for the handle for the cannon and it was there. I checked the face cover on Victory Leo and while tight at first, it loosened up just a little bit with a few opening/closings and it now perfectly toleranced like others have said. Holi and Fire are a bit loose but wasn't as bad as I've seen from others.

Next up was Victory Leo proper. I started to check the joints working from the head to the arms and then to the legs...and I found a problem. Not just one of my quibbling over nothing either. I first noticed that the figure's right leg, the one on my left when looking at it head on, has a loose transformation hinge. Meaning that when I move that leg outward, instead of the leg moving at the hip joint, it moves at the transformation hinge. At first I thought that it was just a little loose and some water based polyurethane/Kiki would fix that.

However I then noticed the actual problem. The part of the hip that's supposed to lock the leg together was actually broken. So that when the leg closed up, the tab that's on the lower thigh that's supposed to lock into the upper thigh had nothing to latch onto. The plastic was caved into the thigh. Meaning that it happened when they put the leg together at the factory. If I had broke it then it would've been pulled outward from when I first tried to move the leg outward at the hip.

*QUICK EDIT/ADDITION: Everything else was fine.*

Some pictures for reference that I took of it upside down so it looks like I'm talking about the wrong hip and am going to retake before sending to Hasbro so they don't get confused:


This is what I was talking about. This happened to mine too. Although on mine it looks like an intentional missing of plastic like the mold wasn't poured right.

King Kuuga wrote:
PXL_20221221_074713290.jpg

PXL_20221221_074729160.jpg

PXL_20221221_074737345.jpg


Come on, people, it's not that hard.


Do you have the wing pushed back? If so that means the backpack has to be untransformed since the lion's paw pegs underneath the wing.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152174)
Posted by cloudballoon on December 21st, 2022 @ 3:34pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:Come on, people, it's not that hard.


Nor should it be hard & unsightly either tbf. VS's articultion is limited and just not that fun to pose.

Thanks for the photos though. The way to do that without detaching the backpack is to use the butterfly joints to swing the arm forward, then bend back the shoulder lasers and bring back the arm into position.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152175)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on December 21st, 2022 @ 4:26pm CST
King Kuuga wrote:
PXL_20221221_074713290.jpg

PXL_20221221_074729160.jpg

PXL_20221221_074737345.jpg


Come on, people, it's not that hard.


Exactly. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out I could just swing the laser down to get an awesome pose.
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152178)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 21st, 2022 @ 4:40pm CST
MeGrimlock78 wrote:
King Kuuga wrote:
PXL_20221221_074713290.jpg

PXL_20221221_074729160.jpg

PXL_20221221_074737345.jpg


Come on, people, it's not that hard.


Exactly. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out I could just swing the laser down to get an awesome pose.


I tried it, if you don't swing the wing back, thus untabbing it from Victory Leo's arm it doesn't work, UNLESS you try the other method of using the hidden arm joints to bring the arm forward, thus creating a huge gap in the torso. Victory Saber cannot point the V-Lock cannon forward the way the figure is transformed normally, period.

Now, I assume to use the stand in spaceship mode you peg the bracket into the crotch piece of Star Saber, am I the only one that finds the arm terribly wobbly, to the point that it might break?
Re: Lots of Reviews for the Transformers Haslab Victory Saber Set (2152180)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 21st, 2022 @ 4:55pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Now, I assume to use the stand in spaceship mode you peg the bracket into the crotch piece of Star Saber, am I the only one that finds the arm terribly wobbly, to the point that it might break?
Nope. Jet mode is very wobbly on my stand too.

Transformers and More @ The Seibertron Store

Visit our store on eBay
These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "NIGHTWING #98 DC Comics 2004 (CA) McDaniel + Owens (W) Grayson 230915A"
NIGHTWING #98 DC C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "FLASH #123 Facsimile DC Comics 2023 ptg 1122DC116 (CA) Infantino + Anderson"
FLASH #123 Facsimi ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "Batman Santa Claus SILENT KNIGHT #1 Cvr F 1:50 DC Comics 0923DC051 1F (CA) Ra"
Batman Santa Claus ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "DETECTIVE COMICS #1069 Cvr E 1:50 DC Comics 2023 DEC222974 1069E (CA) Williams"
DETECTIVE COMICS # ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "ACTION COMICS #1055 Cvr D AAPI DC Comics 2023 0323DC082 1055D (CA) Chang"
ACTION COMICS #105 ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #403 multi-pack DC Comics 1989 (A/CA) Cowan (W) Collins 230915A"
BATMAN #403 multi- ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN BEYOND #1 Facsimile Cvr C foil DC Comics 2024 ptg 1123DC803 1C (CA) Timm"
NEW!
BATMAN BEYOND #1 F ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #136 Cvr D DC Comics 2023 0423DC004 136D (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #136 Cvr D ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "SUPERMAN #1 Cvr L foil DC Comics 2023 DEC222894 1L (CA) Fiumara (W) Williamson"
SUPERMAN #1 Cvr L ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #139 Cvr A DC Comics 2023 0923DC068 139A (W) Zdarsky (A/CA) Jimenez"
BATMAN #139 Cvr A ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #144 Cvr B DC Comics 2024 1223DC013 144B (CA) Putri (W) Zdarsky"
NEW!
BATMAN #144 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr B DC Comics 2023 NOV223376 131B (W) Zdarsky (CA) Quesada"
BATMAN #131 Cvr B ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN #131 Cvr C DC Comics 2023 NOV223377 131C (W) Zdarsky (CA) Artgerm"
BATMAN #131 Cvr C ...
Visit shop.seibertron.com to buy "BATMAN & SCOOBY-DOO MYSTERIES #6 DC Comics JAN233405 (A/CA) Owen (W) Cohen"
BATMAN & SCOOBY-DO ...
* Price and quantities subject to change. Shipping costs, taxes and other fees not included in cost shown. Refer to listing for current price and availability.
Find the items above and thousands more at the Seibertron Store on eBay
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #344 - Journey to the Pegs
Twincast / Podcast #344:
"Journey to the Pegs"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, February 24th, 2024

Featured Products on Amazon.com

These are affiliate links. We may earn commissions when you purchase items or services through these links.
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grotusque and Scorponok Deluxe Action Figure Exclusive Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 08 Leader Class Movie 1 Decepticon Blackout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Autobot Hound" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Fortress Maximus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Voyager Decepticon Nitro" on AMAZON