Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online

Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online

Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 12:10am CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Qwan   Views: 27,041

Another week has come and gone, and another episode of Machinima's Power of the Primes animated series has been uploaded for your viewing! Named (rather dramatically) Athenaeum Sanctorum, this episode promises the reappearance of Overlord and Rodimus Cron, as well as some sort of "tragic fate" for one of the Primes.

The episode can be watched on Go90 here, or via the Prime Wars Tumblr page here for those viewers outside the US. Share your thoughts about the episode or the show as a whole by posting in the Energon Pub Forums, and as usual stay tuned for our review of the episode by the brave Bronzewolf coming soon!

Hot on the heels of our heroes, Overlord and Rodimus Cron confront the Dinobots and gain vital information as to the team?s whereabouts. Meanwhile, the team learns the tragic fate of one of the Thirteen.

Transformers News: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online

Credit(s): Machinima

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962058)
Posted by Qwan on May 29th, 2018 @ 12:41am CDT
Another episode that definitely happened, yep. Assorted thoughts (in roughly chronological order and all spoilered, just in case):
- It's sooo dumb hearing the Dinobots just speak with random "regular" voices. Like, they somehow sound less robotic than even the other robots in this show, and not all all primitive - it's just a perfectly eloquent regular dude who says "me Snarl" at the beginning of his sentences.

- Overlord shooting stuff with his belly-lasers was honestly kind of hilarious to me.

- YOU CANNOT CHOKE A ROBOT. YOU CANNOT CHOKE A ROBOT. THIS SERIES WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME.

- Machinima back at it again with the genius marketing scheme of killing off every character that actually appears as a toy in the line being advertised!

- "Cataclysm Tundra... clearly no-one thought very hard to give it a name." Having your characters call out your own incompetency does not make your incompetency okay. I shouldn't have to say that again.

- I cannot cope with Primal being called "tall dark and... brooding". I don't know if it's the hilarious kind of can't-cope, or the agonizing kind. I'll let you know when I work it out.

- So we finally have our answer about why Megatron got the Requiem Blaster from Primal, and it's... because he said he was a good guy. HOW did this monkey, "the most righteous and steadfast guardian" mind you, protect an all-powerful artifact for millenia if all anyone had to do was say "oh no I love Cybertron I promise". And he validates that by saying something weird and spiritual about "looking deeper into Megatron and yourself"? And Windblade is like "yeah that seems like a good enough explanation" and just rolls with it?? AHAHAHAHA

- Grimlock looks dumb. That's all, just had to put that out there.

- The music in this building is trying so hard to be Zelda but it just. Can't. Manage it.

- Perceptor, it's a LIBRARY COMPUTER. You don't need to be "scientific" about using a LIBRARY COMPUTER. Those things are so primitive Grimlock could probably use them without too much trouble. :lol:

- Oh, so the "tragic fate" mentioned in the blurb is either Solus Prime's death or Megatronus' exile? Both of which have been revealed previously. No, no that's fine. I'm not upset. It's my own fault for expecting something interesting out of this show, anyway...

- Oh for the LOVE OF. At least they killed a character whose toy isn't currently being marketed this time...

- Gasp Overlord said the "ass" word!! How will we ever cope with such language in our "mature audiences"-oriented animated series? Please Machinima go back to using "scrud", it's the hardest language we adults can handle!

Bronzewolf, you brave, brave person. I don't know how you're managing to stay composed in the face of this show.

Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962061)
Posted by WreckerJack on May 29th, 2018 @ 1:56am CDT
Well this episode made me want for flip a fragging table. It's time for sleep so I will keep the complain train in the station for now.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962084)
Posted by Evil Eye on May 29th, 2018 @ 8:11am CDT
So I'm not watching this atrocity of a series until Freddery does his magic, but from what I gather Rodimus Unicronus tears the head off of Freddery's mum Victorion.

Jesus.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962086)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 29th, 2018 @ 8:27am CDT
If only the series had the brutality the final minutes had. THAT was Game of Thrones-esque, finally, after they’ve been advertising the trilogy as something so similar the entire time. :HEADHURTS:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962087)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 29th, 2018 @ 8:28am CDT
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962088)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 29th, 2018 @ 8:32am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Not even sure why i clicked here since i have no interest in the show or even the toyline for the most part but that choking robot bit caught my eye and made me wonder how many instances there have been in all of Transformers media where that has been attempted? I mean probably the most well known example being Galvatron choking Hot Rod in the final battle of the 1986 animated film.

Who knows what was going through their heads when they wrote this stuff. So much of recent TF media has humanized them far too much, namely certain IDW titles and then the choking crap here.

I always took that scene from the 86 movie as Galvatron literally crushing Hot Rod’s neck, trying to tear his head off. Funnily enough Rodimus appeared to do exactly that in the episode to you know who.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962089)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2018 @ 8:44am CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:

Simutaneously the funniest and most awesome choke in TF history:

:lol:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962102)
Posted by o.supreme on May 29th, 2018 @ 10:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:I... actually feel legit sad about the first death in this ep.

Not because I cared about the character (none besides Megatron have been given reason for us to care about them in these shows), but because it felt like watching someone harm a helpless innocent animal, and the others mourning him afterward was honestly a bit touching.

Just capitalized on my sentiment 100%. This was the only Dinobot toy I actually had as a kid, and so was my default favorite.

The Prime Wars series had previously been competing with Armada for most overly simplistic/dumb episode titles. Someone at some point must have heard those complaints and read a Dr. Strange comic or something. ;)

As for the rest....Here is my conundrum. If you remove a combiners head, although that may be physically paintful and render the team inoperable in Combiner mode, couldn't they just separate back into their components? I mean the one that is missing half her body has probably been dead since the end of TR. But the other 4 should still be alive?... :HEADHURTS:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962108)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 29th, 2018 @ 10:58am CDT
Does seem odd killing off characters you're supposed to be selling. Back in the 86 film and Marvel Comics a character's plot armour was often determined by whether or not their toy was still being sold in stores (which be why the Underbase saga killed off the vast majority of characters who didn't have an organic component whether they a nebulan or a pretender shell in a big ol' massacre by Starscream who then was destroyed himself).

But then from the sounds of it this series in general isn't really doing much to sell the toys it's based on anyways.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962109)
Posted by o.supreme on May 29th, 2018 @ 11:07am CDT
If ever there was a series designed to sell toys, This Isn't it. CW and TR came out after their lines had pretty much ended. PotP is current, but due to so many limitations, is basically out to capture the interest of fans who have not consumed any Transformers media (other than the live action films) in the last 20 years. making them "think" *hey this is exactly like I remember*, when that couldn't be further from the truth.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962112)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on May 29th, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
o.supreme wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:I... actually feel legit sad about the first death in this ep.

The series been EXTREMELY inconsistent on its portrayal of combiners, the writers clearly didn’t do their research. It seems certain combiners are just one big person (ala Victorion), but then we have classic combiners like Volcanicus who are made up of 5 individuals. Don’t try and make sense of it, you’ll just end up running in circles :HEADHURTS:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962115)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2018 @ 11:57am CDT
Of the very few characters in this show who actually have toys in the Potpie line, most of them don't really even resemble those toys neither. Megatronus is an all new design, Solus is based more on her Binder of Revelation look, Rodimus Cron is just a Rodimus Unicronus-colored redeco of MP-9 (plus a mouthplate), Optimus Primal looks more like his original Beast Wars design (complete with sculpted fur, even) with just his Potpie Optimal Optimus cockpit integrated into his back, and Grimlock is more based on MP-8 than anything else. Only the other Dinobots, their combined Volcanicus form, and Predaking look anything like their Potpie toys.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962120)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 29th, 2018 @ 12:36pm CDT
Possible Spoilers ahead:

Normally I wait for the review thread to be up before I post my thoughts, but seriously, this time forget it.

First Up, this show has no real sense of scale. It seems like the dinobots keep changing sizes from previous episodes.

It also shows how much cooler the Dinobots would have been at a larger scale. Who wouldn't want a Grimlock that in beast mode was the same height as a combiner.

The dinobots, some of the strongest and possibly most violent of the standard characters, getting their butts whooped without even really attacking. I call BS on that.

I can't say I'm upset about Victorian's head getting popped off, she was an annoying character, and brings us back to the whole weirdness of the combiners being the main entity and not the ones who form it.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962123)
Posted by Coptur on May 29th, 2018 @ 12:53pm CDT
Choking in transformers has always been a thing.

They aren't just robots they are living beings.

Transformers have brains and a heart(spark) assuming their brains are in their head then choking is still valid way of killing them as the attacker is physically constricting any infomation being passed between the two organs, it might be oxygen in humans that is restricted but it also might be an important node or circuitry in a Transformer.

just my 10 pence :roll:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962131)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2018 @ 1:42pm CDT
Coptur wrote:Choking in transformers has always been a thing.

They aren't just robots they are living beings.
...Who can also survive in the oxygen-less vacuum of space.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962133)
Posted by kurthy on May 29th, 2018 @ 1:48pm CDT

Honestly, it sounds exactly like the G1 cartoon, easy on small minds, hard for adults to watch.
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962135)
Posted by o.supreme on May 29th, 2018 @ 2:21pm CDT
kurthy wrote:I haven't watched the show since the 3rd episode of CW. I just come here for the reviews. :POPCORN:

Which by default makes it better than the *g1* comic I guess?...which I find hard to believe anyone could accept... :roll:
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962143)
Posted by Coptur on May 29th, 2018 @ 3:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Coptur wrote:Choking in transformers has always been a thing.

They aren't just robots they are living beings.
...Who can also survive in the oxygen-less vacuum of space.

That's right they can but they don't breath and don't require oxygen :-P

you saying that makes me laugh about the 2007 movie.

Megatron can fly through the cold of space but freezes in antartica (& people using fire extinguishers) 8-}
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962144)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 29th, 2018 @ 3:12pm CDT
Coptur wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Coptur wrote:Choking in transformers has always been a thing.

They aren't just robots they are living beings.
...Who can also survive in the oxygen-less vacuum of space.

That's right they can but they don't breath and don't require oxygen :-P
And yet they gag, cough, and sound hoarse when they're choked. Even when in space. 8-}
Re: Machinima Transformers: Power of the Primes Episode 5 Airs Online (1962155)
Posted by Skritz on May 29th, 2018 @ 3:57pm CDT
Coptur wrote:
Megatron can fly through the cold of space but freezes in antartica (people using fire extinguishers) 8-}

Hollywood is dumb. News at eleven.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #291 - Til All Are 2021
"Til All Are 2021"
Posted: Sunday, January 2nd, 2022

Buy "SWERVE Deluxe Class TRANSFORMERS Universe Series Action Figure 2004 COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cyberverse SKY BYTE, Tiny Turbo Changers 2020" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TG-25 ORION PAX VS MEGATRONUS Figure TGHB" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE CYBERVERSE ADVENTURES - ENERGON ARMOR SHOCKWAVE" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Transformers Frenzy & Buzzsaw 2 Pack 2015 SDCC Exclusive Set" on EBAY
Buy "transformers g1 original Constructicon Hook Part" on EBAY