MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed

MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed

Thursday, July 7th, 2011 2:59am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 65,582

The new up and coming 3rd party company MakeToy has updated it's website. And man is it a huge update!
The update gives us the first look at prototypes of their upcoming Constructicon figures. The pictures are blurred, but you know what's not blurred? The combined form!
Click ether here or any of the images to see the original update on their website!

Stay tuned to seibertron.com for all your Transformers related news!

Credit(s): MakeToys

This article was last modified on Saturday, July 9th, 2011 8:34am CDT

Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254141)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:02am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Holy F**K. :shock:
Is it me or does this actually look cooler than the TFC one?

It isn't just you man. That looks effing fantastic! Exgraver order is so freaking cancelled, he doesn't even know. I'd rather throw my money to these guys anyway. I'm pretty blown away by how awesome that looks!
:BOT:
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254142)
Posted by ShardFenix on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:20am CDT
that is just pure sex appeal...now for the inevitable soul crushing price that put it sadly out of my price range
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254143)
Posted by alldarker on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:23am CDT
Ah... This is A LOT more like it!
I called it all the way back when the first pictures of TFC's Exgraver (and not-Long Haul) appeared, that I really didn't like what I was seeing. I'm very glad I never ever had any wish to buy TFC's version of Devastator.

Even though Maketoy's version is a lot smaller, it already looks much, much better, and at least this is a FINISHED Devastator with the separate parts all complete!

Can't wait to see more, and getting ready to start my own little Maketoys fund...
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254144)
Posted by sj88nc on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:24am CDT
dam i have to cancel my tfc pre order when is this one coming it out it looks more to scale with my fansproject upgraded bruticus. hope it dont cost to much
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254145)
Posted by 0ptimus Prime on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:24am CDT
Depending on the size and price of this, TFC's MasterPiece style price for deluxe sized? figures should be losing altitude right about now. THIS one is most likely not as big, but THIS one actually looks like Devastator!
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254146)
Posted by Dread_Wing on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:35am CDT
Wow, that looks beautiful. I cannot cancel my preorder of Exgraver :BANG_HEAD: , but this may prevent me getting the rest of the TFClub constructicons unless they drop the price.

Just, wow. :APPLAUSE:
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254148)
Posted by Jehuty on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:44am CDT
*fap fap fap* ooooh god show me the face, SHOW ME THE FACE!!! If it's the devastator head I'm looking for exgraver and tfc is so cancelled.

*couple of things

-Chest plate seems a little too small for my liking
-Big metal screw going through not-scavenger's tire
-Not scrapper's "not devastator's" foot isn't rigid enough and looks like it might give way to the weight of the rest of the figure.
-not-mixmaster's cab looks too far extended for making a compact foot.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254149)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 7th, 2011 @ 3:58am CDT
*GULP* That does look rather nice actually. =P~ Much more faithful to the G1 original. The wheels on the wrists look like the extra parts required for the combined mode might integrate with the vehicle forms. And the individual robot modes look pretty cool aswell (from what you can see, anyway). I'm not too keen on "Mixmasters" drum forming his legs, but that might not be his drum I'm looking at. It might not even be "Mixmaster". :P

Cliche I know, but size does matter to me. I've already kind of resigned myself to getting TFClub's set (depending how the first two turn out), but if the price is right I may go for this too.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254150)
Posted by Dread_Wing on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:01am CDT

Looks like it is designed to fit in with FP Bruticus and Superion.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254152)
Posted by Jehuty on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:08am CDT
Aww not-mixmaster has a line going straight through him in that leg mode that makes it a lot less appealing...and the search for the perfect g1 Devastator head continues...feet not looking the most sturdy, hopefully this thing'll have some decent size to it.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254153)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:09am CDT
Dread_Wing wrote:Damn, I do not know if I am allowed to post this picture here or not, if not please feel free to remove it:

Looks like it is designed to fit in with FP Bruticus and Superion.

Oh, WOW! I'm sold.
:BOT:
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254154)
Posted by alldarker on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:10am CDT
From what I can figure out, the individual modes (top to bottom) are:
- Mixmaster
- Scrapper
- Scavenger
- Long Haul
- Hook
- Bonecrusher

And that's an excellent reference picture, Dread_Wing! Just as expected, all the components are roughly scout-size.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254155)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:11am CDT
DAMMIT DREAD_WING! That picture doesn't just make me want this even more. It makes me want to hunt down Universe Bruticus and FansProject's Crossfire 02. Curse you!
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254156)
Posted by Rated X on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:11am CDT
I took a little time on my "not break" (offically goofing off at work) to check out this thread. I threw a "not fit" (silently pouted) when I realized that I cant cancel my TCC Exgraver. But its all good, I think I will end up buying both sets. One displayed in vechicle/robot modes and one in combiner form. Then Ill rotate them every few months. Gonna cost me an arm and a leg, but my current expenses should allow it. When the girlfriend wants kids, I will do like some of you guys on here and simply tell her "PASS" ;)

PS: Who ever has enlarged small images for our viewing pleasure in the past, can you shrink the indivdual robot photos to give us a higher resolution with more detail ???
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254157)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:11am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:

Looks like it is designed to fit in with FP Bruticus and Superion.

Oh, WOW! I'm sold.
:BOT:

OH MY PRIMUS. YES. I want it badly. I just hope the pricing is similar to FP's. If they can offer 1 of these a month for say... $40-$50, I am so on board. :PRAY: No wonder FP wasn't going to do their own Devastator!
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254160)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:15am CDT
That looks absolutely amazing, I definitely want this much more than the TFclub one or whatever.
I'm getting this... one way or the other... later than sooner, its going to be mine. The Autobots have no chance now. :CON: :twisted:
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254162)
Posted by Cshen on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:18am CDT
This is looking pretty good. Looks like most of it would be integrated into alt modes. Not Long Haul's hands look like they become NotDevy's hands. I'm liking the proportions on these guys a lot better than TFC's. I might end up getting both sets, depending on the price of this one.
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254164)
Posted by DevastaTTor on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:23am CDT
Here's a novel idea; actually show us the complete gestalt instead of cobbled together bits of one. Well done MakeToy! I never was onboard with the TFC version and these pictures are the final nails in the coffin.

THIS is the 3P "Devastator" we've been waiting for!
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254166)
Posted by Trikeboy on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:27am CDT
Re: MakeToy Update: Build (Devastator) Revealed (1254167)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 7th, 2011 @ 4:31am CDT
Trikeboy wrote:That is a beautiful combined mode, however, before everyone jumps ship from the TFC Hercules, there are a few things to consider. 1. We can't see the bot modes for the individual Constructicons. From the blurry pics, they aren't impressing me with their possible movie asthetic, yet. 2. The TFC limbs are fully incorporated into the fig (Exgraver's treads are Hercules' forearms). 3. These are prototype pics, no idea when or if they are going to be released. 4. No price has been revealed, they could cost more than Hercules.

I acually like the aesthetic more, least from what I can tell so far, they appear more like bots, rather than the vehicle parts being used as limbs (the treads legs look better here, with the way the feet are at the bottom). And hopefully they are cheaper for each figure since they're smaller than the supposed TFC figures. One thing that looks a bit tricky to me is the way the fore arms and the chest wing would intergrate into the individual bots. I feel like theres going to be a 7th vehicle/piece added in. I hope I'm wrong.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "LOT Transformers Megatron, Galvatron, EX-11 Evil Lord, Sky Shadow, Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O lot of 7 Sets Sealed Megatron Bumblebee Prowl Mirage Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx in box." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blaster Rewind Buzzsaw Lot Complete TR Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Marvel TRANSFORMERS #36 (1988) 1st Sky Lynx Twin Twist & Sandstorm Appearance" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS TITANS RETURN DABURU & AUTOBOT TWINFERNO" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers War for Cybertron Trilogy 3-Pack Action Figure Set (E9501)" on EBAY