Monday, December 5th, 2011 10:45am CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 47,383

Penguin One, a Full Metal Hero moderator who apparently has ties to MasterMind Creations, has shared some information on their upcoming releases. Each new figure will feature a comic to help flesh out their characters. The comics are promised to be carried out in a professional manner, and sample line-art from their artist has been mirrored below.

Additionally Penguin One has posted some test color schemes for their upcoming KM-03 Cyclops. Keep in mind none of these are finalized and the two tone rust image is "just for fun". Take a look below, he states they may put up a poll later.

Credit(s): FHM's Penguin One

This article was last modified on Monday, December 5th, 2011 11:48am CST

Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319780)
Posted by wrw311 on December 5th, 2011 @ 11:02am CST
Can I just say this is #1 figure I am looking forward too. The earlier photos show him to be MP Prime size. Not sure what I like most the lite purple or the dark purple. That rust option is hideous though.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319791)
Posted by alldarker on December 5th, 2011 @ 11:53am CST
*Faints*
If the finished product is anything like these renders show it to be, Cyclops is going to be drop dead gorgeous. I don't really even care what color it will be: they are all going to look good.
I just love everything about it: the gun-hand, the head, the size; even the boots are very G1-esque, nice and big.
The line-art in the comics looks excellent; it definitely interests me (hurray, expansion of the HoS universe!) but the comic will hopefully only be the icing on the cake that is Cyclops. To be honest, the last third party TF that had me so excited for the pre-order (more even than any FansProject TF) was MMC's Knight Morpher KM01, and that certainly didn't disappoint me!
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319796)
Posted by UltraPrimal on December 5th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CST
Ah, man! The art style on that comic, especially that last picture, reminds me of....something. GAH! I'm gonna be wracking my head trying to remember!

I definitely like the top one, the lighter purple Shockwave better. The dark is just too dark. The rust colored one reminds me of that grey Shackwave. :lol:
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319818)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 5th, 2011 @ 12:33pm CST
:-? The images before these looked great but here we got some slight differences IMHO. We shall wait for some "in hand" pics to be certain if we got greatness or another flaw for the fans...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319931)
Posted by Andrius on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:01pm CST
It's got to be the deep purple. This toy will be the epitome of "smoke on the water", after all! :D
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319947)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:45pm CST
wrw311 wrote:Not sure what I like most the lite purple or the dark purple. That rust option is hideous though.

I actually really like the rusty option. I'd hate to have it on my figure but I think the effect is great. My personal favorite would be halfway between the two purples.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319948)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:58pm CST
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319955)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 5th, 2011 @ 6:18pm CST
funeralthirst7 wrote:This is SO disappointing. I was looking forward to a large scale Shockwave with modern articulation but this is not what I was hoping for. This version of Shockwave looks like he was from the Civil War. Instant pass.

I take it you are not familiar with the Hearts Of Steel mini-series where the Transformers awaken in the late 19th century. It is a fun read and you should check it out, maybe it will change your mind.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319958)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on December 5th, 2011 @ 6:26pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I am aware of it but have zero interest in it.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319979)
Posted by Turtler on December 5th, 2011 @ 7:43pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I'm aware of Hearts of Steel. I'm not a fan of the designs. I might still get this because it's the cloest Classic Shockwave I've seen. He's certainly better than Shockblast, Movie Shockwave, and Animated Shockwave.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1319980)
Posted by Blurrz on December 5th, 2011 @ 7:47pm CST
Can't wait for this beauty.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1320147)
Posted by rpetras on December 6th, 2011 @ 10:07am CST
I like everything about this!

I prefer the lighter purple, the first one in the pics.

Can't wait to have him, but I need to make a separate HoS shelf now. :D
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1320174)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 6th, 2011 @ 11:35am CST
The figure itself looks totally badass, but I'm fairly certain I won't be able to afford it. Of course, G1-ish purple would be the best color scheme for me.

As for the art, the first image is kind of meh, but the 2nd one is AMAZING, and the third is okay. I'm interested in seeing more.
Re: MasterMind Creations: Comics to be Included with Upcoming Figures and KM-03 Cyclops Test Colors (1320199)
Posted by Kibble on December 6th, 2011 @ 1:20pm CST
Wonder why they're not doing the HoS deco... Since the style and size make it incompatible with Classics, may as well color it accurate to what it's supposed to be.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Costanza Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BOTCON 2013 MACHINE WARS SUNSTORM #A" on EBAY