Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan

Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan

Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 4:17am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 23,051

MP Starscream US Edition’s release date has been postponed to mid February in Japan. Several Japanese online retailers have announced the set back, but it is unclear what is causing the delay. As previously reported – the Japanese version will come in the U.S. packaging but the figure will have different markings compared with the U.S. version. It is rumored that the Japanese version will not have weathered markings.

Japanese sites:
Rakuten

Amazon

In related news –

Masterpiece Starscream U.S. version is now listed on Hasbro.com news site.

"Previously shown at BotCon 2007, Hasbro’s G1 version of the amazing Masterpiece STARSCREAM is beginning to land at Wal-Mart stores. Be sure to act now to bring this ultimate DECEPTICON air warrior to your collection."

Click here to see pictures.

Credit(s): Rakuten, Amazon, Hasbro, Xgamer, Arsenal X

This article was last modified on Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 4:26am CDT

Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438308)
Posted by Stormrider on November 3rd, 2007 @ 4:27am CDT
Xgamer wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Xgamer wrote:
Stormrider wrote:
Xgamer wrote:Bad news.... I was looking at some of the Japanese toy sellers and they said that the Takara release of MP SS USA has been postponed till next year (Feb. 2008).... that sucks. My Japanese isnt that great, but Ive checked multiple websites and it says the same thing. I guess WM is your only shot if you want one this year. I hope this isnt old news.

Can you post some of those links? I take a look and translate.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/chiebukuro/666 ... 50/#832341

http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/cgi-bin/omc?po ... 8698000000

Hopefully Im wrong... but these guys usually get them release day.

Yup, three out of the four links indicate that SS has been postponed until the beginning of February for release in Japan. Two sites indicate that the release date shall be February 10th.

e-Hobby is still indicating that they will get their shipments in January. Perhaps they will get their shipments early or perhaps they are just behind in updating their website.

So I guess this is news ;) ... havent seen any US TF site mention it... some guys have been asking about buying the Takara version too.

You are correct. Front paged and credited. :D
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438310)
Posted by Stormrider on November 3rd, 2007 @ 4:28am CDT
Arsenal X wrote:Don't know if this was already done but here is the actual news item.

Front paged and credited.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438313)
Posted by ThunderZap on November 3rd, 2007 @ 4:30am CDT
more time for me to save some money then :grin:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438366)
Posted by Stormrider on November 3rd, 2007 @ 5:15am CDT
Sarcastro66 wrote:Finally got one! Badass figure, if there ever was one. Love the detail, love the features, love that he can hold the Megatron gun that came with Optimus...Maybe my favorite Transformer.

On another note, I wrote in the sightings forum about where I found one, but just in case people from Austin, TX aren't checking there...They had about 12 more at the Wal-Mart on East Ben White and IH 35.

Happy hunting, guys!

What's the paint job like?

The colors seem a little off in the pictures. The red appears a cherry red. And the grey appears very whitish.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438500)
Posted by Blozor on November 3rd, 2007 @ 7:27am CDT
It'd be funny if that sold better in Japan than the original one. I remember reading that the original one did overwhelmingly poorly.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438587)
Posted by skywarp-2 on November 3rd, 2007 @ 8:41am CDT
I have an update:

I went to all the Wal-Marts in my area....

Gloucester, VA: None

Newport News: None

Yorktown: None

Williamsburg/Lightfoot: None..

Talked to a Toys Dept. Manager, they said that the Starscream Masterpiece was going to be going on sale soon, but that Black Friday seemed likely to be the target released date..however, he also said that they get in shipments every week, and if not otherwise stated by home office, then they will more then likely place them out on the floor as soon as they come in.. so the Black Friday store is Williamsburg Wal-Mart.. the others are wild cards..

that's my update.. :grin:
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438631)
Posted by Screambug on November 3rd, 2007 @ 9:05am CDT
Looks sweet!=3
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438725)
Posted by Screambug on November 3rd, 2007 @ 10:07am CDT
And I'll go looking at the Super Walmart here in the remote little village of Brockport ASAP, too!

He looks so nice, too!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438737)
Posted by TFBuyer on November 3rd, 2007 @ 10:18am CDT
buckeye99 wrote:
MentalDragon wrote:
TheMuffin wrote:I haven't been keeping up to date. Has he been spotted in Ohio yet? I checked one Walmart about 5 days ago and there was nothing. Though I have 3 other ones I can check. Just curious if it's worth going on a long ass drive or not.

Nope... no reports in ohio yet as far as I know. I've been keeping a watch on all of them around columbus...

Likewise... the last time I checked my 2 Walmarts here in C-bus was on Wednesday night.

Nada

Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438751)
Posted by MentalDragon on November 3rd, 2007 @ 10:29am CDT
I sure hope this isn't a black friday thing.... It's going to be crazy...

I just did a search on ebay and it looks like it is being spotted in more areas now.

I just called all my walmarts and nothing... but I have a feeling it is going to be before black friday (fingers crossed).
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438758)
Posted by buckeye99 on November 3rd, 2007 @ 10:34am CDT
TFBuyer wrote:I also checked in 4 Wal-Marts around Columbus, as well as Marysville and London. Nothing. Where around Col's are you? I'm on the NW side of the city, in Plain City--it would be nice to be able to canvas the entire area. I know MentalDragon is in Westerville...

I'm in Hilliard... my normal two Walmarts are Rome Hilliard and Tuttle Crossing. There's a new one over on Sawmill that I sometimes go to... haven't been in there in awhile though.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438764)
Posted by ShockUzer on November 3rd, 2007 @ 10:36am CDT
It´s like a kick in the mouth.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438836)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 3rd, 2007 @ 11:39am CDT
Well. I'm not checking until someone else in Northern Ohio finds one. Not worth the gas. I'm up to 5 Walmarts that I can check in a 2 hour time period.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438845)
Posted by Kimmer on November 3rd, 2007 @ 11:45am CDT
i don't know what's going on in the montco area of pennsylvania but i've been calling stores for the past 3 days and it's either they have 18 on order but don't know when they're arriving or they don't have in on file and they'll never get it in. how can these people be so clueless?
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438855)
Posted by blunky on November 3rd, 2007 @ 11:52am CDT
No go in Cleveland westside so far. Hey Ohio folks. Let's keep each other updated.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438860)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on November 3rd, 2007 @ 11:57am CDT
I have been hunting all through out northern NJs WalMarts. We normaly get beat on WalMart exclusives...

I have a great sense of dread in these matters.

So I feel for ya Japan, but you know if you did this right the first time, we wouldn't be having this issue!
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (438947)
Posted by dmc2008 on November 3rd, 2007 @ 12:59pm CDT
For those of you who don't think you'll be able to get one, the ebay auctions in the next couple of hours are reasonable.
Still, feels lame getting burned by a scalper.

-Dan
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (439063)
Posted by Shockwave06 on November 3rd, 2007 @ 2:00pm CDT
I'll check once or twice again this next week or so and if I dont find it, then I'll just get him on ebay. The extra I spend on ebay will be like spending $ on gas driving to the damn wal marts.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (439290)
Posted by smallworm on November 3rd, 2007 @ 4:53pm CDT
dmc2008 wrote:Eh... just took a hit and grabbed one on eBay for $60 + shipping... Not too bad, and the way I see it, I've already spent $15 in gas looking for the damn thing and I'm not gonna waste any more. That's a 35 mile trip every time I look and they don't even know if they're getting it at all.
Still, feels lame getting burned by a scalper.

-Dan

I feel the same thing. also wasted some money on gas and got nothing yet. I'd rather keep my eyes on scalper-bay to get one around $70 is still worthwhile.
Re: Masterpiece Starscream Postponed in Japan (439303)
Posted by TheMuffin on November 3rd, 2007 @ 5:02pm CDT
Guys. It's not going to be hard to find when it's finally released everywhere. Save your money and you'll get it at retail.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Movie Commander Class Ironhide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers HUB Dark Of The Moon Cyberverse: MEGATRON (Unopened) Series 1 003" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-7 Bumblebee Hasbro Takara Tomy New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Movie Series MPM-11 AUTOBOT RATCHET Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers - Devastator Scrapper Payloader - Near Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G1 Transformers Scrapper 1984" on EBAY