Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images

Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images

Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 12:11am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,210

MasterShooter collectibles has updated their facebook page with prototype images of their upcoming MS-01M Mega Gun, a Targetmaster style version of G1 Megatron. This figure along with it's repaint MS-01B Brown King are limited release exclusives to Captured Prey where they are available for preorder.

Product description from Captured Prey:

Mega Gun and Brown King are the debut release of MasterShooter Collectibles! Limited in number and made with the expert help of a fan favorite third party company (who has asked to remain anonymous), these figures will be produced using high quality steel injection molds and durable ABS plastic!

Measuring approximately 2.2 inches tall in robot mode and 3.17 inches in weapon mode, Mega Gun will be cast in color and pre-painted, ready to make any bot in your collection shake a washer loose with fear when this imposing weapon is aimed at them! Articulated shoulders and elbows allow Mega Gun to aim his own weapon as well, making him the perfect scout or assassin. The figures are designed with a stepped 4mm to 5mm peg handle, allowing them to be used by original Targetmaster Transformers, and almost all modern figures, too. And, as a bonus, an adaptor is released that allows Classics Starscream or any later version of his mold to carry Mega Gun along with their own weapon under the wing!

Mega Gun will be limited to 500 pieces, or produced to meet demand if more pre-orders are received. This item is currently estimated for release early in the second quarter of 2011.

Credit(s): MasterShooter collectibles facebook, Captured Prey

This article was last modified on Tuesday, April 19th, 2011 12:18am CDT

Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210917)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 12:34am CDT
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210918)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:11am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I really would have preferred that they used Classics Megatron, we already have lots of little G1 Megatrons, from that first target masters style Megatron to the Legends class Megatron, and I thought there was another but I can't remember. Still, I'd like a little Classics Megatron, even if it's just his weapon mode, I'd be fine with that.

Been done. Some third party a while back released an accessory scaled to clasics Starscream of Clasics Megatron's gun mode.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210919)
Posted by waaaaghlord on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:29am CDT
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Actually no they didn't. Fan's Project showed prototypes for a mini Megs gun in Classics and Henkei colours a couple of years ago but they never went into production and they have said that they won't be making them for release.

Seriously considering putting in a preorder for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210921)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:32am CDT
Glad this was updated with new pics cuz otherwise I'd never have known about this thread.

Pre-order complete. :CON:
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210931)
Posted by Mykltron on April 19th, 2011 @ 3:58am CDT
Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210937)
Posted by Blackstreak on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:21am CDT
That's really not a bad option for those of you who wanted a miniaturized Walther P-38 to mimic Megatron's smaller alt mode. I would probably order only one myself.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210949)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 19th, 2011 @ 4:57am CDT
Mykltron wrote:Nice gun mode. How cute. I may have been interested if it had more ball joints.

I got your ball joints RIGHT HERE buddy! :KREMZEEK:
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210971)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:19am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:Seriously considering putting in a pre-order for one of these. As long as we've got the site owner's attention can I ask if you ship internationally, specifically to the UK?

You certainly can, and I certainly do. :D Shipping is available to anywhere the United States Postal Service ships. First Class Mail would be the correct option to pick for these internationally. Unless you really, really want it to deliver within a week, give or take, then you could pick a Priority option.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210972)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT

:CON:
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210976)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
CaSSeTteBOTs45 wrote:Despite all the negativity about it, I think this is a great idea! Even if it isn't the best molded targetmaster, and it doesn't look quite like G1 Megatron in the gun mode, its still in the spirit of the old targetmasters. I would consider getting this if it were a reasonable price... and display it with my G1 Soundwave!! :D

:CON:

Hm. Not sure if you already knew, but these have been up for pre-order for some time. Pricing is $18 for one, or $35 for both (and believe me, there's not any huge padding in there, I know what these are costing to be made, nor am I making any large amount on them). Production run is limited to 500 of each figure.

Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210977)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on April 19th, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
Sidecutter wrote:

:CON:

Thanks! I don't know... he's about the same price as my BTS 03 set, but he's also probably better quality plastic, so I may preorder him. :D
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1210985)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on April 19th, 2011 @ 8:25am CDT
waaaaghlord wrote:
Lord Onixprime wrote:

Hmm, wasn't aware of that.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211001)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on April 19th, 2011 @ 9:26am CDT
I hope there are some left for Botcon! :) I remember fiddling with the prototype in person and he was just a fun little guy. Looking forward to it. ;)
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211011)
Posted by Prime Evil on April 19th, 2011 @ 10:10am CDT
I may pick up a Browning. I don't need a mini megs. I always have room for Targetmasters. (I know, Browning was never a Targetmaster)
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211063)
Posted by rpetras on April 19th, 2011 @ 1:14pm CDT
OK, I threw in for them.

I like target masters, and I like mini-megatrons.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211208)
Posted by sancho's revenge on April 20th, 2011 @ 12:48am CDT
Rated X wrote:"Brown King" LMAO !!!

He's a turd !!!

These figures are really wack...

About as "wack" as those knock off seekers you got there.

Brownking will be a cool addition to my Classics collection.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211316)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
El Duque wrote:What I don't understand is why they insist on making existing main characters into Targetmasters instead of just making the original G1 Targetmasters partners. I can kind of understand Megatron, he does after all turn into a gun, but I don't really need a Starscream that turns into a gun.

I'm on this train.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211324)
Posted by Sidecutter on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:39am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:

I'm on this train.

Honestly, I agree. I'm not a fan of the Targetroids for this reason, since three of the four make no sense to me. Likewise, I'm not big on the Prime and Soundwave headmasters (I'd be more for them if it wasn't clearly Prime and Soundwave turning into their own heads). In this case, I think Megatron is at least a sensible choice. And if this product does well, I suspect a lot of people will see their wishes for Targetmasters to go with Classics toys like Kup, Scourge, etc. fulfilled.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211589)
Posted by Mkall on April 20th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
At first I passed on this idea, then I decided to go for it. I'll support these guys in the hopes that more targetmasters get made in the future.
Re: Mastershooter MS-01M Mega Gun Test Shot Images (1211629)
Posted by El Duque on April 20th, 2011 @ 11:14pm CDT
Sidecutter wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:

I'm on this train.

Okay, you convinced me. Preordered both!

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Movie Premier Edition Raptor Figure - Dinobot Slash" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Transformers Rescue bots CHIEF CHARLIE BURNS PVC Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Prime PP-21 Terracon Ripper Snapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Centurion Drone WFC-E33 Weaponizer pack set MISB BOX T1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers centurion drone Megatron Mace Energon Cube Ravage Cage Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War for Cybertron Trilogy - Dinobot" on EBAY
Buy "GI JOE 2017 ROADBLOCK SDCC revolution TRANSFORMERS Complete With Stand" on EBAY
Buy "Grandslam Cassette ~ 100% Complete 1988 G1 Transformers Action Figure W/TECH" on EBAY