Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming

Transformers News: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming

Thursday, April 18th, 2013 3:27PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 22,316

The news world is all abuzz with movie news today! We have yet another article for you to read!

Michael Bay's 'Transformers 4' sets up shop in Metro Detroit; Pontiac's Michigan Motion Picture Studios eager for workload

DETROIT, MI - Michigan Motion Picture Studios in Pontiac is preparing up for another Hollywood closeup.
The production venue that was home to the hit Sam Raimi-directed film "Oz the Great and Powerful" will also host crews for Michael Bay's "Transformers 4" this summer.

Set building for "Transformers 4" - expected to get an official title soon - has already begun at the 535,000-square foot facility and has Michigan Motion Pictures Studios chief operating officer Tony Wenson excited.

"They are in the process of pre-production right now," Wenson told MLive Detroit, when asked if Bay's film crew is in town. "They are filming in several other states, too. The majority of their shooting, I believe, will be done in the state of Michigan.

"In addition to working on our stages, they’ll also be working throughout the state at different locations. We’re really excited that they’re here. We’re looking forward to the opportunity to service another film.”

Wenson declined to say specifically when filming for "Transformers 4" will begin, but disclosed it will happen "early" this summer.

To read the full article, click here. When you're done reading, come on back to the forums and join the discussion!
Credit(s): MLive.com
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480139)
Posted by g1grimlock on April 18th, 2013 @ 3:34pm CDT
All I have to say is the fourth one has to be a lot better than the third one. If the fourth one is just as bad as DOTM then he needs to stop making TF films.
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480156)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 18th, 2013 @ 4:49pm CDT
meh, never did care for the films
>:oP
Now we have china trying to get people in tf 4? :BANG_HEAD:
What Is this world turning into? :-?
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480162)
Posted by Autobot032 on April 18th, 2013 @ 5:44pm CDT
Superwheeljack wrote:meh, never did care for the films
>:oP
Now we have china trying to get people in tf 4? :BANG_HEAD:
What Is this world turning into? :-?

Well now, wait... What does a person's nationality have to do with anything? If they can act, and it's being filmed there, why not use Chinese actors?

British folk don't like it when US actors are used for what could've been a Brit's role. Why should the Chinese feel any different? Especially if it's being filmed IN China?

I don't know. This post of your's just kinda grinds my gears.
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480175)
Posted by Superwheeljack on April 18th, 2013 @ 6:50pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
Superwheeljack wrote:meh, never did care for the films
>:oP
Now we have china trying to get people in tf 4? :BANG_HEAD:
What Is this world turning into? :-?

I don't know. This post of your's just kinda grinds my gears.

Sorry, It's kind of like those model show's, sorry if I sounded racist, I didn't mean it, but like, if teens get involved, it just worries me you know...
Anyway, sorry about the problem.
I'll work on it
And, 90% of chinese people that i've met, hate my gut's. One time back when I was a kid, some chinese kid threatened me because I reported him to the principle. Thank God he didn't come back......
And on your signature, I'm a christian, and I know we're not perfect. Why would I find you're postings offensive?
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480206)
Posted by Xephon0930 on April 18th, 2013 @ 8:07pm CDT
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480220)
Posted by Capt.Failure on April 18th, 2013 @ 9:21pm CDT
Xephon0930 wrote:If the saying "Made In China" doesn't make you laugh,then we have nothing to say here.

What you did there. I see it.
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480299)
Posted by DEMEXICONZ on April 19th, 2013 @ 12:06pm CDT
:lol:
i for one cant be racist being half french half mexican all transformer but i do feel like hasbro has the spotlight on asia... could be because their new fans and hasbro is getting tired of us old school g1 all the way fu*! everything else fans? dont realy know but it does suks for us out here imports, imports and more freaking imports for exclusive toys and now this....hope that all toys for this movie get a domestic release and not more "asia" exclusive ones that would piss me off :-x
Re: Michigan's Motion Picture Studios Are Gearing Up For Transformers 4 Filming (1480457)
Posted by Antron on April 19th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
So being a fan of humor of poor taste, (No really, I love foul and offensive humor. Nothing is sacred when it comes to comedy.) So I really hate to break the racism discussion up but, in regards to this movie...

Does any one know what casting plans for extras are? I've never made a real effort to go there for the previous so I'd really like to snag some screen time in a TF movie. Just for my own personal super fan geekdom. It would make me warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Ending Soon On eBay

Chevrolet Camaro 2010-2013 Bumblebee Transformers Racing Stripes (Choose Color) - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 12 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Lazerback Figure 5 Inches - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Universe Classics Autobot Hound Action Figure Extremely Rare w/ Gun - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 20 minutes 18 seconds
SDCC 2016 Exclusive Hasbro GI Joe Transformers Powerglide Soundwave Set - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 20 minutes 28 seconds
Transformers Classic Deluxe Rodimus Hot Rod Autobot Warrior '06 Loose Incomplete - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 22 minutes 25 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON AUTOBOT ARK AND EXCLUSIVE AUTOBOT ROLLER - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 22 minutes 42 seconds
KREO TRANSFORMERS SETS- OPTIMUS, GRIMLOCK, MEGATRON, AND MORE - Time Remaining: 7 days 20 hours 33 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Movie AOE Deluxe Class Lockdown MOSC Sealed in High Grade Package - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 35 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #174 - Autobot Jedi Newtypes