Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art

Friday, October 23rd, 2015 8:40am CDT

Categories: People News, Digital Media News, Book News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 38,904

The HeroX Twitter account has announced, confirmed and revealed that Guido Guidi - IDW Publishing Transformers artist - will be supplying the art for the cover of the Generations 2015 book from Million Publishing. And then they chose to show the cover directly, in all its G1-esque cartoon style. Check it out mirrored below!

Transformers News: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art

Credit(s): HeroXNet

Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736314)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on October 23rd, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
Cool artwork! It has a very 1984-85 G1 Marvel feel to it. Are there any pics of the content?
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736323)
Posted by Starsaber468 on October 23rd, 2015 @ 9:30am CDT
Looks pretty nice #RumbleIsRed&FrenzyIsBlue
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736324)
Posted by ScottyP on October 23rd, 2015 @ 9:33am CDT
These books are really great. I wish I could read Japanese, there's so much text with all the awesome imagery of both production product and concept art that I feel like I only get half the experience. Even then, the ones I've picked up have been well worth it. Need to backtrack and get some of the other years' books!
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736354)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2015 @ 11:31am CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Cool artwork! It has a very 1984-85 G1 Marvel feel to it.
Yeah, it's like if the Marvel comics attempted to draw the art style of the cartoon. It's like a great blend between the two.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736546)
Posted by RAR on October 24th, 2015 @ 6:02am CDT
I guess you could try that mobile phone ap that allows the translation of documents or signs in real time... but if you can then save the results easily I have no idea.

I have yet to be able to find a website that does the same thing with uploaded photos unfortunately.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736778)
Posted by MarkNL on October 25th, 2015 @ 10:25am CDT
Guidi's the best. :BOWDOWN:
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1736862)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on October 25th, 2015 @ 5:30pm CDT
Wake me up when the exclusive is revealed
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743340)
Posted by william-james88 on November 21st, 2015 @ 10:15am CST
The Million Publishing Generations 2015 Book is now out and while one of the cool features is that it contains an order sheet to mail order exclusive Japanese Transformers toys, it also has a lot of cool content all on its own. TFW2005 member Monari now has this book and took a bunch of pictures of it with his phone. Below you will see the behind the scenes process for Generations / Unite Warriors Devastator, such as sketches and early gray models along with final photos which fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath was kind enough to provide the images they were homaging (such as commercials and G1 box art).

Below you will also find a whole bunch of photos of the upcoming MP Hot Rod and Schockwave complete with their transformation and a comic featuring both of them (and a black Rodimus).

Enjoy!

Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743355)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:18am CST
A black tracks, black hot rod, and etc was in the comic....
....I sense some fantastic repaints masterpiece coming up....
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743357)
Posted by Starsaber468 on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:19am CST
Comic looks neat can't wait to see a translated one
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743360)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:25am CST
Starsaber468 wrote:A black tracks, black hot rod, and etc was in the comic....
....I sense some fantastic repaints masterpiece coming up....
These aren't Masterpieces. These are the G1 molds in the black decos that the molds have had before. Notice how they're drawn toy-accurately compared to how MP Hot Rodimus seen in this comic is drawn show-accurately.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743361)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:26am CST

Shockwave is one of the few 'Masterpiece' figures that has really interested me but still not sure about purchasing due to high expense and the usual quality control issues with these figures.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743362)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 11:30am CST

Nice homage. But does kinda make me wish his grey parts were chrome like on the comic. :P
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743379)
Posted by Randomhero on November 21st, 2015 @ 12:29pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Image

Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743448)
Posted by dragons on November 21st, 2015 @ 4:51pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Starsaber468 wrote:A black tracks, black hot rod, and etc was in the comic....
....I sense some fantastic repaints masterpiece coming up....

We don't need reprints of hot rod frist rosin us master piece figure is ok not greatest
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743464)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 21st, 2015 @ 6:04pm CST
Randomhero wrote:I agree except the chrome. The henkai figures I got years ago which chrom just flaked away and this is a takara MP I'm getting

Ah ok. I had RotF Buster Prime and the chrome stayed perfectly intact all the time I had it (before selling cos bills). Either way this is a pretty cool figure.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743486)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 21st, 2015 @ 8:27pm CST
For Hotrod, the inclusion of the "whopper" IS the deal breaker! :BOWDOWN:
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1743487)
Posted by fenrir72 on November 21st, 2015 @ 8:29pm CST
Randomhero wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Image

The chrome would flake given the slack when you retract his leg parts.
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1755711)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on January 14th, 2016 @ 10:29pm CST
I think I'll just get the book if ToyArena happens to have it
Re: Million Publishing Generations 2015 Guido Guidi Cover Art (1756123)
Posted by Seibertron on January 16th, 2016 @ 11:56am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:Still not liking Hot Rod much. Something bugs me about his proportions and the overly flat chest.

This is not the Hot Rod we were looking for! Flat chest, huge backpack. Ugh. Nice face sculpt, but that's about the only thing that appeals to me about it.

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Kre-O Mirage 31145 new sealed unopened kreo kreon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Knock Out New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Prowl" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Shockwave Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Brushfire" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback Launching Missile Vintage" on EBAY
Buy "Kre-O Cleo Transformers Stealth Bumblebee / Hasbro Takara Tomy Beast Hunters" on EBAY