Transformers News: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More

Friday, February 15th, 2019 7:47AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 20,567

We have an update to the images posted yesterday which show us the other modes for each toy, which were found through some more digging on the Walmart website.

Thanks to Walmart/Brickseek, we have confirmation of four upcoming Transformers Studio Series. We have SS 44 Leader Class Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime who is, as we guessed, the same voyager Optimus Prime we already got with a retooled abdominal area and a jetwing backpack. The trailer can be converted into the weapons platform we see in DOTM. We then have a new SS 45 Deluxe Class Age of Extinction Drift which while having the distinctive Bugatti details, turns into a helicopter. It shares some parts with SS Helicopter Drokick but is very much it's own mold all the same. There is also SS 47 Deluxe Class Revenge of the Fallen Constructicon Hightower, a new mold, who can transform to be part of Devastator. Lastly we have SS 43 Voyager KSI Boss, another goon from Age of Extinction, which we now know is a straight redeco of the Nitro Zeus mold, head and all, making it innacurate to his look in the film. You can see the images and the links to the pages below, and be sure to check back tomorrow and the rest of the week-end for all our 2019 Toy Fair news.

You can view the Brickseek links here:

Optimus: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =517176157
Drift: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =916451523
Hightower: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =487042684
KSI Boss: https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory ... =488371648

Credit(s): Walmart
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010418)
Posted by Dragma Kerp on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:01am CST
Is it weird that I want both the voyager and the leader Optimus?
Mostly because Voyager will probably appear on shelves in my area while the leader not... but who knows..
Sigh, I guess my wallet needs to start saving for a hard hit!
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010419)
Posted by carytheone on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:03am CST
Shame you can't get just that sweet trailer, SS38 could use one, the wheels are a pretty good match, just saying. :-?

Drift looks surprisingly good and I love the deco for KSI Boss. I might have to double dip on the Nitro mold.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010421)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:10am CST
carytheone wrote:I might have to double dip on the Nitro mold.

Me too, well, er, sextuple-dip? I have 2 Nitros and 3 Thundercrackers making up my "Thunder-Seekers" using the Thunderwing, Scopronock, Overboard, Fangry and Apeface TR heads. Looks like Horri-bull and/or Crashbash might be in line for a body soon.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010424)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:27am CST
They retooled DOTM Optimus's ribs, but left them red instead of gray/silver.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010425)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:30am CST
Sabrblade wrote:The retooled DOTM Optimus's ribs, but left them red instead of gray/silver.

Silver paint on the new ab piece is an easy fix. They still haven't painted his robot mode flames. :P
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010430)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:34am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'd much rather have the proper looking truck mode flames than robot mode honestly, as robot mode doesn't look like it's missing anything to me.

And yeah, silver Sharpie for the abs is an easy fix
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010432)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:38am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

It always looks like it's missing to me. It's frustrating as heck. Been that way with AoE, TLK, SS05, SS32 and now this one. For each of those I've had to pay out for Toyhax stickers (not SS32 yet cos they haven't done those) cos the robot mode flames are essential to me and I can't paint them myself cos I suck at that sort of detailed and symmetric line work. :(
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010436)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:47am CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

I feel you, that would probably bother me more on my ROTF Leader. I guess sacrifices have to be made if the chest is faux parts.

Now here's an interesting question: would you rather trade in the silver paint apps on the wheels for the robot mode flames? :-?
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010437)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on February 15th, 2019 @ 8:50am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:

Yep. I can paint the wheels like I have done on some other figures (SS32 has it already done by Habsro but SS05 did not so I had to have a go). Not always the most cleanly but still better than I can paint the flames. :P

The flames are missing on the chest, shoulder pads and the lower inner legs. And sort of on the outer legs which is a tricky thing cos they're supposed to be made from the front wheel sections which do have flames but on this figure are made from the back which doesn't have flames on the truck mode but I used the Toyhax stickers that added them cos robot mode gets priority for me. :P So it's quite a lot of missing flames that bug me. Still, that's what Toyhax is for so again I'll add on the extra cost of stickers to the price of this Prime too like I have done for the last four or five figures. :P
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010458)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:26am CST
I think Drift reuses the original Dropkick's lower legs.

Helicopter Drift looks really cool, but I'm gonna hold off on this guy for a while.

I don't know why no one is talking about HighTower but he's so freaking awesome. He looks so strange and it looks so cool. I love both modes, and I love what they did with his neck. Yeah, he's not 100% accurate to the concept art but this change was for the better. I wanted a proper figure of this guy for so long, and seeing it is just so awesome. He's a must buy for me.

The new leader DoTM Optimus looks way cooler than I previously thought. I love the fact that they gave him a trailer and that weapons ring thing. Also, FINALLY THE RIGHT PAINT SCHEME! That is awesome. He just looks like a fun figure overall. I'll most likely get this guy.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010464)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:30am CST
Nathaniel Prime wrote:
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

And yeah, silver Sharpie for the abs is an easy fix

Exactly. I can paint the silver on the abs super easily, but I can’t paint that orange fade on the front of the truck, so I’m super happy with the paint apps he has.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010470)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:39am CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:Anyway I missed out on the original Nitro Zues mold so I may have to get this one. It looks pretty good.

Don't miss out on the mold if you can get one. By far one of my favorite transformations across all the lines. Headmaster compatibility with Cogman and Titans Return is a sweet bonus.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010471)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:39am CST
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010485)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:48am CST
TF-fan kev777 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm liking this guy the more I look at him.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010487)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on February 15th, 2019 @ 9:50am CST
Nemesis Maximo wrote:I hate how Hightower looks, always have. They really just gave up when designing him. We could’ve gotten a dude with a hook for a hand but they made that instead.

I wouldn't say they gave up. He's honestly one of the more unique looking constructicons. I personally love the look.
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010500)
Posted by -Crossfire- on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:08am CST
I can't believe they actually gave us T-Rex Hightower, definite buy. Drift looks like a G.I. Joe vehicle, which I'm perfectly alright with. Prime and KSI Boss are cool too. :D
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010501)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:08am CST
What's Crackin'? wrote:

Agreed, I love the design, if I want a hook for a hand I go to Lockdown anyway ;)
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010519)
Posted by What's Crackin'? on February 15th, 2019 @ 10:41am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
What's Crackin'? wrote:

Same.

You know what other constructicon was really cool? Mixmaster! I can't wait to see how they handle that guy!
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010565)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on February 15th, 2019 @ 11:57am CST
Would be neat if they did DOTM Wreckers, one can only dream!
Re: More Official Images of Studio Series Leader DOTM Prime with Weapons Base, Helicopter Drift and More (2010571)
Posted by I_AM... MEGATRON! on February 15th, 2019 @ 12:06pm CST
DOTM Prime is everything I wanted him to be. They even gave him the shield that he used for all of two seconds.

Here's hoping we get a Sentinel Prime soon.

SGMLordMirage wrote:Interesting on OPs Trailer, seems to look good, cant wait for additional photos. I am liking the helicopter version of Drift.
Would be neat if they did DOTM Wreckers, one can only dream!

Leadfoot is gonna be a problem just like he was when DotM came out.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #230 - The Search for Convoy
"The Search for Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 15th, 2019

Buy "Angry Birds Transformers Telepods Autobird Jazz Bird vs. Deceptihog Brawl Pig" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Voyager Optimus Prime MISB x 2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Returns Autobot Twinferno MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Wars BLAST OFF Megatronus Combiner Wars Combaticons Bruticus" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers NEW * Deluxe Breakaway & Throttle * Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Exclusive Arcee and Ultra Magnus Set brand new sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Toyworld Botcon TFSource Exclusive Optimus Orion Megatron Set" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers HFTD Voyager Class- Battle Blades Optimus Prime -New/Sealed" on EBAY