Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale

Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale

Sunday, January 13th, 2008 3:53pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 65,817

Movie Prop site ScreenUsed.com have posted the 1977 Camaro Bumblebee's License Plate from the Transformers Movie.

This is Bumblebee's license plate used on the 1977 Yellow Chevy Camaro. Made of plastic and marked "Old Bumblebee Hero" on the backside. The plate is aged and made to look dirty to match the look of the car. The 1977 yellow Camaro is Sam Witwicky's (Shia LaBeouf) first car and is one of the most important props of the film, with this plate is a very recognizable part of that car. Very few props from the film were sold by the studio making this a very rare opportunity for collectors of the film. The custom display case is 13" wide x 16" tall x 4" deep

The asking price is a bargain basement $3699.00.

To check out the sale page, please click here.

Credit(s): Wolfman179 of tfarchive

Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603026)
Posted by Sunstar on January 13th, 2008 @ 5:09pm CST
I'll have 10 :P
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603028)
Posted by OptitronPrime on January 13th, 2008 @ 5:10pm CST
That is way too expensive
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603029)
Posted by Wolfhart on January 13th, 2008 @ 5:12pm CST
Certainly a must have if you are the current owner of the car.
Speaking of which, does anyone know how much the car went for? I had been watching it for a while, but never came back to it after the auction closed.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603076)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on January 13th, 2008 @ 6:09pm CST
"VERY FEW PROPS FRON THE MOVIE WERE SOLD"

I seem to remember a thread that came up right after the movie opened that had ebay listings for dam near every prop in the movie!?!
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603160)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on January 13th, 2008 @ 7:50pm CST
I always wanted to buy movie props... but it's so expensive.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603279)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 13th, 2008 @ 10:31pm CST
Wolfhart wrote:Certainly a must have if you are the current owner of the car.

I had it stored in my ebay page until it expired. I think the car went for around $40,000+
Unless there'd been more than one auction for it.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603304)
Posted by ***Galvatron*** on January 13th, 2008 @ 11:40pm CST
I seem to recall the car went for around 40-50 thousand and the Allspark went for about 50-60 but those were the only major props I can recall being sold from the movie.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603462)
Posted by olokin on January 14th, 2008 @ 5:48am CST
Pretty steep asking price.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603698)
Posted by Auto Bot on January 14th, 2008 @ 10:46am CST
I'll use the money to buy a whole new set of Transformers toys.

And, oh yeah, donate some to charity too.
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603799)
Posted by imotron on January 14th, 2008 @ 12:02pm CST
If anyone is interested.... I will may sale the underwear I was wearing during the movie premiere, of course I have to remember which one was it... hmmmm!? :lol:
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (603908)
Posted by Rushie on January 14th, 2008 @ 1:33pm CST
What? They didn't even sell Archibald's glasses? The very item which was auctioned in the actual movie?
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (604159)
Posted by Sherade on January 14th, 2008 @ 5:03pm CST
I wish everything worked like this.
I can imagine:
"Original Bee-otch air Freshener, one of 21.4 props sold form the Transformers movie!: Starting bid $4,571.5768"
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (606403)
Posted by imotron on January 16th, 2008 @ 8:32pm CST
Sherade wrote:So you tell me I can get an old liscence plate and hit it with a hammer for 3k? Brilliant!
I wish everything worked like this.
I can imagine:

OK I sign up to become your manager... you are a genius :wink:
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (615236)
Posted by GadgetMeli9685 on January 26th, 2008 @ 10:35pm CST
Wow! I want one....4,000 dollars? Well, it IS a hollywood movie prop inside a very nice display case. Guess that's fair. That's cool though!
Re: Movie Bumblebee's License Plate for Sale (619861)
Posted by autobot commander on January 31st, 2008 @ 10:58pm CST
Sherade

I can imagine:

thats just mean

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY