MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing

Transformers News: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing

Saturday, June 16th, 2007 7:31PM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Editorials
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 19,909

MSNBC has put up a article about how the Transformers Movie is bringing back the nostalgia for old Transformers fans.

“If there is a way for them to reach into the core of me and bring out a piece of my childhood, I think they did that,” said Yee, an IT consultant from Elizabeth, N.J., who saw clips of the film at New York’s Toy Fair this year and plans to see the whole thing six days early at BotCon, the annual Transformers convention being held in Providence this month.

See the MSNBC article here.
Credit(s): MSNBC.com
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168191)
Posted by GetterDragun on June 16th, 2007 @ 7:50pm CDT
This article speaks to me.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168277)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 16th, 2007 @ 8:25pm CDT
Yee? As in Ben Yee? That's kinda cool.
(Careful, buddy! You mistyped 'nostalgia' by accident.)
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168331)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 16th, 2007 @ 8:55pm CDT
With nothing read but the title, all I can say is Dam Straight!

Thats all I did all day.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168390)
Posted by Flashwave on June 16th, 2007 @ 9:36pm CDT
Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168456)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 16th, 2007 @ 10:43pm CDT
[quote] Benson Yee was a Star Wars-obsessed kid when something new caught his eye in a toy store during a family vacation: Transformers — “robots in disguise” — that changed into vehicles or other objects[/quote]

The same thing with me I loved Star Wars but knew it was dying down for a while after Return of the Jedi came out.

I then seen the G1 cartoon the week it came on as a miniseries(When it first aired the 3 part "More then meets the eye")

I had to get these I said and was hooked from then on[/quote]
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168847)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:37am CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:[quote] Benson Yee was a Star Wars-obsessed kid when something new caught his eye in a toy store during a family vacation: Transformers — “robots in disguise” — that changed into vehicles or other objects

I had to get these I said and was hooked from then on[/quote][/quote]

But I recognize the name from somewhere else.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168851)
Posted by RatchetMD on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:45am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???

He runs BWTF.com and was a consultant for the Beast Wars show.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168853)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:46am CDT
RatchetMD wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???

He runs BWTF.com and was a consultant for the Beast Wars show.

Ah. Thanks.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (169288)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 17th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
Other than Yee, the whole article is about those "I'm a super fan, I watched the show when I was a kid in the 80's, broke/lost/got rid of my toys, and have no idea bout what has been going on with Transformers since 1988" people, otherwise referred to as "Bandwagoners"

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-30 Weird Wolf Head Master Action Figure Toy - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 6 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot 7" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 16 minutes 14 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 16 minutes 11 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Onslaught 7" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 16 minutes 9 seconds
G1 TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS SERIES Astrotrain - Time Remaining: 4 days 9 hours 44 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers Takara Microman Micronauts Cosmo Satan Acroyear Set MISB Free Ship - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 47 minutes 31 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Eject and Ramhorn 653569796800 - Time Remaining: 1 day 8 hours 22 minutes 12 seconds
SDCC 2016 Transformers Titans Return Titan Force Sentinel Prime Brainstorm STOCK - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 43 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #166 - Toy Fair 2017