New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images

New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images

Monday, February 20th, 2012 10:52am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 35,406

Courtesy of the Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group facebook page we have a few new images of the Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" conversion kit for United Bumblebee. This set has been delayed for quite some time, hopefully these images mean we're getting close to the set's release.

Credit(s): TF Galaxy HK Fans Group

Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349547)
Posted by GetRightRobot on February 20th, 2012 @ 10:57am CST
curse these wonderful Head and Gun upgrades! I want it.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349549)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 20th, 2012 @ 11:01am CST
Damn I wish I could find a United Goldbug!
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349564)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 20th, 2012 @ 11:34am CST
That's Windforcelan's Goldbug that he did a few months back, didn't know that he did it for Beelzeboss, I think they might have originally made the upgrade for RTS Bumblebee, since Windforcelan's original version had those stripes on his chest.

Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349600)
Posted by G1 Legacy on February 20th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CST
Well I have to admit that this turned out better than I thought it would. The CAD prototype photos several months back didn't do the final version justice after the paint apps. I guess I'll be the first commentor to bring up the RENDERFORM version. I've already ordered two of those so I'm hesitant to get one of these (plus I only have one UNITED goldbee). However if the price is right on this I may have to get one just for that awsome box art. Plus those twin pistols may come in handy for something.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349608)
Posted by Rated X on February 20th, 2012 @ 1:15pm CST
I got the Renderform version in hand. It just looks better.

However, this came out pretty good. I think ill get it as well. I repainted a RTS Bumblebee red before I had a Cliffjumper. So this head would make a great classics Chase.

Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349614)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 20th, 2012 @ 1:32pm CST
I've had this on preorder since forever from TFSource. Looks great so far.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349627)
Posted by AnimeFreak505 on February 20th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CST
I wish that more 3rd party companys used light piping (I'm looking at you igear) :WRECK:
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349699)
Posted by combiner711 on February 20th, 2012 @ 5:30pm CST
Wow! Finally I'll have something to do with my RTS BB. Well, Im expecting it would be $30 less when it comes out to the market. :BANG_HEAD: Dang!my wallet is getting juiced by this 3rd party company!
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349875)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:00am CST
I think I will be picking this up. I kinda like it a lil better then Renderform's design. I do however have his on pre-order as well, but in black. Might use that one for Bugbite now. >:oP
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349896)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 21st, 2012 @ 10:54am CST
Hopefully this comes soon. It feels like it's been forever since I ordered. It'll be nice to get the figure it's intended for off of my desk too, lol!
:BOT:
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349934)
Posted by Delicon on February 21st, 2012 @ 11:57am CST
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1349939)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 21st, 2012 @ 12:06pm CST
Delicon wrote:I seriously hope we don't get a true Classicsverse Goldbug right after I get this, but yeah, I think I'm gonna have to grab this.

We got a "gold Bumblebee" with Goldbug's color schemes at Legends scale. ;)
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1351911)
Posted by El Duque on February 26th, 2012 @ 3:09am CST
The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have received their Beezleboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug conversion kit and posted some nice images of the set installed on United Bumblebee. The set includes a new head and two guns. Check out the images below.

Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1351919)
Posted by Quantum Reflex on February 26th, 2012 @ 4:00am CST
Wow, 7+months worth the wait, Nice one El Duque, I really like the look of this build, the sculpt and the guns are Solid, and the Guns really fit the bill, At first glance I thought the colour was off, then realised it's made of a slightly translucent shiny plastic that gives it a kind of metallic effect under certain light, I like that a lot. Big respect to Beelzeboss for another good quality upgrade.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1351958)
Posted by DevastaTTor on February 26th, 2012 @ 9:16am CST
Really hoping that I find this set and a United Goldbug at Cybertron Con. They look great together.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1351968)
Posted by Rated X on February 26th, 2012 @ 9:54am CST
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1352073)
Posted by shin_hibiki on February 26th, 2012 @ 2:06pm CST
Rated X wrote:I gave in and bought it. But my Renderform version will stay on Goldbug and this version will be used for Chase.

Great idea. Glad I've got a spare Classics Cliffjumper!
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1352096)
Posted by beastorm on February 26th, 2012 @ 3:22pm CST
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1352103)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on February 26th, 2012 @ 3:34pm CST
beastorm wrote:So, I'm liking these goldbug upgrades (this and Venksta's), but only have a spare Classics BB. Is there any reason everyone uses Unite; is Classics not compatible with the head molds?

Yes classics is compatible since it's the same toy. Everyone is using United Bee for Goldbug is that because he is actually shiny gold color.
Re: New Beelzeboss "Growing Pains" Goldbug Upgrade Set Images (1352107)
Posted by G1 Legacy on February 26th, 2012 @ 3:52pm CST
Shin_hibiki wrote:
Great idea. Glad I've got a spare Classics Cliffjumper!

Far be it from me to try and tell you or anybody what to do, but here's something to consider...the Cliffjumper mold (even though identical to the original Classic Bee) is more rare than the plethora of Bumblebee Classics that are floating around out there (especially after the Reveal the Shield version was released). If I remember correctly Rated-X painted one of his extra "disposable" Bee's solid red for his Chase figure, correct me if I'm wrong there "X" (see I pay attention LOL). So you might wanna investigate that as an option, that way you could keep the Cliffjumper stock for future resell or as an investment in general. I know painting can be intimidating if you've never done a figure before but it's fun to me and the pay off of having a custom character is a great feeling. Plus by painting a figure solid red it looks better as Chase (to me) as opposed to the paint scheme that Cliffjumper has with those silver streaks that came on the American Hasbro version.

Beastorm wrote:

Seriously? Did you just ask that? :lol: I'm kidding, I'm just picking on you. The reason everyone is using the United version is because TAKARA painted their version of the Reveal the Shield Bumblebee solid gold. And this is the character Goldbug we're talking about so all the fanboys (including myself) knew exactly what we wanted to do with that version the second we saw it for the first time. I suspect TAKARA did that on purpose knowing that fans would use it or refer to it as Goldbug, plus they had already produced a solid yellow bumblebee under their "Henkei" line a few years before, so there was no need to make another one etc (but sometimes I wish they would run another line of those G1 solid yellow bee's, I still havn't been able to track one down here in the states for less than $120).
Yes all of the heads are interchangable and compatible with one another, it's just that some color schemes look better than other. And also in case your not aware Venksta or RENDERFORM customs has designed a Bumper and Hubcap custom head kits that should be ready for release sometime this summer, I'm not really sure what his release schedule is. Anyway, this opens the doors to all types of different mix and match opportunities with all of the different colored Bumblebee molds out there. I have three different versions so far and I'm going to use the WalMart Legacy Bublebee Classic (that came in a three pack for those unfamiliar) as Hubcap and the RTS Bumblebee as Bumper. Cant wait!!!
Hope this explanation helps. :BOT:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Siege on Cybertron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers The Last Knight TLK Premier Edition Leader Stormreign (Dragonstorm)" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Leader Class Shockwave MISB" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON RATCHET WALGREEN'S DELUXE MISB VHTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Earthrise Autobot Lot Bumblebee Mirage" on EBAY
Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / SIEGE WAR FOR CYBERTRON sound wave SG24" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Netflix Walmart Quintesson Deseeus Army Drone NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY