New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set

New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set

Monday, October 3rd, 2011 7:10am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,353

We have some new release information and color images of MakeToy's upcoming "Tank" upgrade set for Reveal the Shield/United Optimus Prime courtesy of Upgrade Commander. It appears the set will feature an electronic light-up gimmick for the large translucent sword. The last image reveals a battery pack with wires leading to the sword's hilt. According to Upgrade Commander the set will cost 7,999 yen (approximately $100.00) and is scheduled to release in November. Images mirrored below.

Credit(s): Upgrade Commander

This article was last modified on Monday, October 3rd, 2011 7:21am CDT

Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295939)
Posted by Heavy B on October 3rd, 2011 @ 7:16am CDT
REALLLLLLLLLLLY holding out for classics RID scourge...but DAMN thats beautiful
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295940)
Posted by Autobot032 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 7:20am CDT
That looks fantastic. My goodness.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295945)
Posted by Prime Evil on October 3rd, 2011 @ 7:45am CDT
Nice. I wish I would have been able to snag a United version of this Prime, but still looks good with RTS.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295947)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:02am CDT
That is awesome! Now I'm glad I got RTS OP, even though I wasn't crazy about him at first.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295952)
Posted by wewyllenium on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:22am CDT
Cool. Now I need to find Prime for this release. I'm just a bit concerned about the trailer's clearance to the ground. It seems a bit low.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295957)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:33am CDT
I'll be honest, I was hoping the price would max around $75, but I am going to have to get one of these. It looks gorgeous in color and I already snagged a RTS Prime at TJ Maxx for $8 after the first announcement about this was posted. I managed to talk myself out of the other 3rd party trailers released for Prime so far, but I don't think I can pass this one up. Kind of wish they had left out the electronic light up feature just so the price would have been lower, never personally been a fan of things like that since I don't like leaving batteries in things due to acid leakage and its not like its a lamp you can leave on while its displayed on a shelf.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295963)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:55am CDT
Does he come with 2 upgrade heads? Looks buttkicking GREAT! I hope quality is at par with FP.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295965)
Posted by Astronopolis on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:58am CDT
looks good. why drifts sword?
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295966)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 3rd, 2011 @ 8:59am CDT
:BOT:
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295968)
Posted by whacko on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:14am CDT
Could we get it without all the light up battery powered crap and bring the price down to like $60?
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295969)
Posted by Shadowstream on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:16am CDT
WOAH! That is f***ing steep for an add on! I never paid nearly as much for FP sets, and as great as this thing looks, I'm not gonna start here!

Goddamn it! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295970)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:17am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:That price is kinda terrible for how rough this looks. I certainly don't want or need wires hanging out of my Transformers either. These kinds of things are targeted releases at primarily older fans with disposable income. Why can't we get such a thing without a play feature most of us wouldn't ever use or care about? I'm feeling pretty frustrated with this because I'm so disappointed. Oversized hands aren't giving me the warm and fuzzies either.
:BOT:

I have to agree with Flux Convoy on the light up sword bit. It seems out of place for an adult focused toy that is going to range around $100. It would be nice if they offered two versions, one including the electronics and one without. Other than what would be a useless feature for me, I really like the look of this set. Can't help but think the price would be much lower if they hadn't put in the electronic gimmicks though.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295972)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:21am CDT
I was afraid I was being negative about this so it makes me feel better to see I'm not the only one who thinks the electronic gimmick is unnecessary and that the price is too high. I really want to get this set, but have a feeling if I miss it when its released I'll never be able to afford it on the secondary market.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295975)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:27am CDT
:BOT:

I agree with your thoughts on the hands but I kind of think they look oversized due to the picture angle. The prototype pictures, if I remember correctly, didn't look that huge. I'd rather have closed fist hands anyway.

Besides that, I'm really liking what I see. I could care less about lights but everything else looks great. The trailer mode looks excellent.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295976)
Posted by Blackstreak on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT

An upgrade package that turns Classics G1 Prime into a Powermaster would still be awesome, and the add-on would have be compatible w/ the G3 Trailer, or perhaps even the BTS trailer.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295977)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:30am CDT
I'm not getting the same tingle as I got when they released the initial prototype images, but that's usually how it is. The hands do indeed seem a tad big, don't they? Colour me unsure.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295978)
Posted by LaserDawg1981 on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:31am CDT
i cant wait to see more pics of this its turning out to look great i might have to get me a set.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295982)
Posted by KnightStrike on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:44am CDT
Blackstreak wrote:I'm kind of glad I didn't buy a Classics G2 Prime. $100 for the upgrade is a bit steep for me at the moment. However, I do like what they have so far. I wonder if the trailer converts into a base also.

Not sure if it converts into a base exactly, but the prototype pics in the initial post of this thread show it in a howitzer type mode and one mode with Prime standing behind it that looks like either a shield mode, telecom station, or something along those lines.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295983)
Posted by Anonymous on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:45am CDT
So. It. Begins.
Re: New Color Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Upgrade Set (1295986)
Posted by DevastaTTor on October 3rd, 2011 @ 9:59am CDT
I like it but would rather them ditch the electronics and chrome the trailer. Oh, and drop the price about $20.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers 2014 Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Drift Flip & Change." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark of the Moon Cyberverse Battle Steel Optimus Prime!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Age Of Extinction Optimus Prime Voyager Class Evasion Mode " on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Warrior Stealth Force Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Set Elite - Asia Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O Kreo G1 Slipstrike Slipstream Kreon Micro Changers" on EBAY