New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator

New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator

Thursday, December 1st, 2011 4:47pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: GetRightRobot   Views: 55,396

CrazyDevy is offering Construction Brigade upgrades for Takara's new Encore Devastator with CDMW-02K (silver) and CDMW-02J (purple). Both are priced at $35.95 and scheduled to release in January 2012.

See the new add-ons below or check them out at http://www.crazydevy.com.

Credit(s): El_Duque

This article was last modified on Thursday, December 1st, 2011 5:00pm CST

Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318558)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on December 1st, 2011 @ 5:35pm CST
I swear if the new "work in progress" set is cheaper than this, crazydevy should just stop....
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318565)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 1st, 2011 @ 5:49pm CST
Well, I appreciate their going back now that more people can get a g1 Devastator, but with MT and TFC making full on classics-grade versions, is the interest (outside the specific G1 niche) still there?
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318566)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 1st, 2011 @ 5:55pm CST
GTFO of here Crazy Devy. A whopping $36 for something that should cost even less on a second release since the R&D and mold making has been done forever. We aren't all as stupid as they seem to think we are.
:BOT:
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318570)
Posted by El Duque on December 1st, 2011 @ 5:59pm CST
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318588)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on December 1st, 2011 @ 6:48pm CST
El Duque wrote:I'm assuming there must be some subtle differences in the tolerances of the Encore set maybe?

Hopefully the old sets are combatible with encore as I was planning on moving them over once I got it in hand. Perhaps it's the same set and Crazy Devy is just rebranding the parts to take advantage of the encore.

I find it hard to believe that Crazy Devy got ahold of the encore set early enough to make new parts for it.
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318593)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 1st, 2011 @ 6:59pm CST
I have the entire Crazy Devy set and think people should just get the new add-on set if that's their thing. Crazy Devy's prices are just ... crazy.

I have to admit, I dunno if there's still a market for this. I wanted these upgrades to have a decent Neo G1 Devestator. Now there are two much better options than upgrading G1 Devestator.
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318636)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 1st, 2011 @ 8:50pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

I agree and I really hope this is just a marketing ploy. I will be ragin' cagun if all the parts I spent my hard earned bucks on is in some way NOT compatable. I will then never buy another CrazyDevy part/item again. Got that CrazyDevy?? Stop with the mindf*cking already...'nuff said! :evil: :VEHI:
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1318645)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 1st, 2011 @ 9:42pm CST
Nemesis Destron wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:

Given their piece meal marketing strategy, I can only guess this is persuade Encore customers to order. Encore reissues have been (in my experience) exact reproductions (as far as molds, not colors). I can't imagine there being a difference.
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1319679)
Posted by El Duque on December 4th, 2011 @ 10:59pm CST
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1319751)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 7:49am CST
El Duque wrote:FYI: There is a reason for this release besides a money grab, the original CrazyDevy thighs will not fit the Encore set. One of local collector buddies just let me know. Not sure where the problem lies yet, I've asked him for pics.

Well then, that would mean there is some kind of change from the G1. I thought Encore and the white box reissues were straight-up 80's molds. That sucks.
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1319767)
Posted by Mkall on December 5th, 2011 @ 10:14am CST
GetRightRobot wrote:

Could it be mold degredation?
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1319942)
Posted by GetRightRobot on December 5th, 2011 @ 5:28pm CST
Mkall wrote:
GetRightRobot wrote:

Could it be mold degredation?

Might be. I can't see any differences from pics.
Re: New CrazyDevy CDMW-02K & CDMW-02J for Encore Devastator (1320196)
Posted by tmk9883 on December 6th, 2011 @ 12:58pm CST
So for someone starting with an Encore edition, is this a solid pickup?

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Powerglide Legends Figure MOSC New!! RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2015 Hasbro - Transformers Generations - Combiner Wars - Trailbreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS - Generations Combiner Wars -AUTOBOT HOUND Figure -Sky Reign Piece" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2016 Beast Wars Terrorsaur Combiner Exclusive New Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Autobot Jetfire Commander Class NEW MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Protectobot HOT SPOT Voyager Class New (2012 Hasbro)" on EBAY