New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron

New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron

Monday, August 15th, 2016 1:45pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 35,486

And with the online orders and stocks for the latest boxset from Transformers Generations Combiner Wars showing up - Computron, that is - the official Transformers Facebook page just uploaded another of their Designer Desk clips, with John Warden showing off Technobots Lightsteed, Scattorshot, Afterburner, Nosecone, Strafe and Scrounge and their combined mode, and also sneakily tying it in to the Machinima cartoon. Check it out embedded below!

Straight from the battlefields of the Combiner Wars, it’s the bot who always analyzes before he acts—Computron.

Credit(s): Transformers Facebook

This article was last modified on Monday, August 15th, 2016 1:48pm CDT

Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815519)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:12pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815521)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:15pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815525)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:20pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:Guys I am seriously considering just getting this version instead of the takara. The selling points on the takara version just don't seem as important to me ATM. Like, I can do more with that extra $40. uuuugh. what do!

I'm about in that same boat. It's a hard decision right now. I am really excited for Takaras, but this is so much cheaper and has Scrounge. The heads man, those are the things that are throwing me one way and another
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815526)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:22pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815527)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:24pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Im considering just getting the PE upgrade a little further down the road when my budget isn't so tight. and yes: Scrounge is a big plus to me right now.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815528)
Posted by Autobot N on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote:admittedly, it does nothing for the bot modes (LIGHTSPEED)
Speak for yourself, man. Compared to Takara's, I like this Lightspeed way better. Of course, that might be due to my Dead End/Streetwise mold bias, but it's still a way better choice than the Breakdown/Wheeljack mold.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815529)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote:PC-11 seems to help a LOT; go the Perfect Effect thread and you'll see just how effective it is. I think at this point Hasbro + PC-11 is an extremely valid option that almost matches Takara in how good it looks - admittedly, it does nothing for the bot modes (LIGHTSPEED. NOSECONE.) But for Computron himself? He looks great.

I've seen it. The thing is that with the PE set it will cost basically the same as Takara's and it does nothing for the individual heads. Plus, I still think Takara has the better head than PE, so it really isn't that good an option for me with those regards.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815531)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:30pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Ah, but with the Takara set you'd likely need to get PC-12 (hands and feet) somewhere down the line, wouldn't you? Plus you don't get scrounge.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815532)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:38pm CDT
Kurona wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Thing is, I like the standard hands and feet. And my experience with Victorion has not been a positive one with the design of the feet. So three heads, a whole Nosecone altogether, and Scrounge are the main deciding factors
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815534)
Posted by Optimizzy on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:41pm CDT
I think Takara has the individual bot modes down. they are by far the superior of the two...but I will not be displaying this like that. Probably not ever...so Hasbro is inching closer to a yes for me.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815536)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:47pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815537)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Takara nailed the individual bot modes for sure, which is why I love it so much. The fact that the chest and head are different are also big pluses for the combined mode. It just lacks Scrounge and a cheaper price point, which is making it hard now that hasbro Computron is out and about

Hold out for Drill
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815538)
Posted by Burn on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:49pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:Honestly, if they had just given us a new head for Computron, Nosecone, and Lightspeed, I would feel so much better about this guy. If there were a new head on him, I would have accepted Nosecone as is most likely, and I do want Scrounge. Just wish they had gone that little extra step

It's what is so frustrating about this set. They put a hell of a lot of effort into Strafe (and to an extent Nosecone and a smaller extent, Afterburner) but got incredibly lazy with the others.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815540)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:51pm CDT
Burn wrote:

They put like, no effort into Nosecone. Especially when that drill part is also used for Botcon Ramhorn and Platinum Drillhorn. He doesn't even have a new head!
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815543)
Posted by Mr Skram on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:54pm CDT
I've mentioned it elsewhere, but the feet aren't good. They're hollow, slip easily on smooth surfaces, and simply raise the center of gravity.

My Comp can stand straight up, but the ankle tilts while very tight, are essentially useless.

I like the rest well enough. Strafe and Afterburner are my favs. I love the colors on Nosecone, flawed engineering aside. Scattershot is fine, and I really like the paint in jet mode for some reason. Lightspeed is meh other than the nice bright red plastic.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815546)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 15th, 2016 @ 3:57pm CDT
Burn wrote:

It really truly is. Strafe basically got the entirety of the remolding done to him, with a bit on Afterburner and Nosecone (if you count the accessory).

It is aggravating that they are so close to being what I want, special arm and all
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815560)
Posted by SureShot18 on August 15th, 2016 @ 6:48pm CDT
Since we're on the pros and cons of the sets I figure I'll throw in my two cents. If the Takara set wouldn't have happened I would have been super happy with the Combiner Wars offering. The heads on Lightspeed and Nosecone would have bothered me a lot though.

But we live in a world where the Unite Warriors one exists so yeah. Scrounge doesn't matter to me and I don't really need the hands and feet. Meanwhile the Takara has mounds of unique tooling with a great combined mode and excellent looking individual modes. The Hasbro one just sacrifices too much for with not enough gain (for me). The Takara one only lacks the hands and feet, which like I said doesn't bother me. And I find it well worth the money as well.

And that's why the Takara one is on preorder. :lol:
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815561)
Posted by Kurona on August 15th, 2016 @ 7:13pm CDT
Just had an actual look at the facebook page... the comments are scary. Don't go there.
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815565)
Posted by nycPrime on August 15th, 2016 @ 8:09pm CDT
Re: New Designer Desk Clip - Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron (1815567)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on August 15th, 2016 @ 8:27pm CDT
nycPrime wrote:So it sounds like more folks prefer Takara over Hasbro for Computron. I think I do too, especially since I don't have any attachment to Scrounge. I'm just not sure if it's $30 better for me. Maybe the Hasbro version won't sell well and lead to further discounts?

Hoping for the same thing. :D

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Exclusive Rare - RUNAMUCK" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Steelbane Bumblebee Tiny Turbo Changers Target Exc" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Cogman STUDIO SERIES # 39 DELUXE CLASS Brand New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Leader Dragonstorm Combiner New" on EBAY