New Divide by Linkin Park now online

New Divide by Linkin Park now online

Monday, May 18th, 2009 3:27pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Press Releases, People News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 23,524

Seibertron.com member horus has just posted info about the new theme song for Transformers Revenge of the Fallen. Song creators Linkin Park have just released the song, for your listening pleasure, that we got a sample of in the last trailer for the film.

New Divide by Linkin Park now online
[url">http://linkinpark.com/newdivide

Credit(s): horus

This article was last modified on Monday, May 18th, 2009 3:34pm CDT

Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923120)
Posted by Burn on May 18th, 2009 @ 3:56pm CDT
Well I liked it! :D
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923125)
Posted by gstommylee on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:00pm CDT
I like it as well :D
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923129)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:03pm CDT
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923132)
Posted by Blurrz on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:06pm CDT
Very mystique. I love it.
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923133)
Posted by Covenant on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:10pm CDT
Guess ol'Stan Bush better get started on his new version of "The Touch". ;;)
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923141)
Posted by mew2057 on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:27pm CDT
Covenant wrote:Guess ol'Stan Bush better get started on his new version of "The Touch". ;;)

Oh I pray this is just you mocking the horror that is the new version of "The Touch".

Also this new song is pretty awesome fits the style of the transformers movies beautifully.
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923146)
Posted by Ironhide63 on May 18th, 2009 @ 4:35pm CDT
i dont know...im not sure all of it fits with transformers, I suppose it'll go good in the movie, well cuts of it anyway. not sure, but they did good one last movie so i suppose this will turn out good.
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923157)
Posted by Bouncy X on May 18th, 2009 @ 5:05pm CDT
its cool, i like how it sounds similar to the last song. its like they go together and things. will we see Bumblebee jamming to it in the garage? lol
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923163)
Posted by Li Lioeliatus on May 18th, 2009 @ 5:13pm CDT
I admit I do not like Linkin Park. I used to till the last album that What I've Done was on came out. The songs were weak. And I got into darker and heavier music.

But the song seems a bit boring. Some decent lyrics but the melody and tune is a bit flat.
Some decent beats beneath.

Advanced critique of Linkin Park over now lol.

I would have prefered some more hardcore, heavy metal, melodic, orchestral, for the films.

Seems more fitting.
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923166)
Posted by Evolution Prime on May 18th, 2009 @ 5:17pm CDT
Well I liked the song Linkin Park did for the last movie, just not actually how they used it in it. Didn't seem to fit at all.

I like this one as well. It will be interesting to see how they use it to before I pass judgment on it
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923220)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on May 18th, 2009 @ 6:34pm CDT
Am I the only one who found this to be a fabulously BLAND song?
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923222)
Posted by Runael on May 18th, 2009 @ 6:42pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Am I the only one who found this to be a fabulously BLAND song?

Well they could of done better with the lyrics and stuff, and the music could have had a little more spark, but it was pretty decent actually. Everyone has their own opinions I guess. :)
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923235)
Posted by cheeser82 on May 18th, 2009 @ 7:32pm CDT
ShGarland_1383 wrote:I'm liking this too. Is this gonna be up on iTunes tomorrow? Because it's not there yet.

I REALLY like this song! Definitely glad I downloaded it before I heard the whole thing. :lol:
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923246)
Posted by starscreamprime1010 on May 18th, 2009 @ 8:00pm CDT
OH MY GOSH! I just bought tis song on iTunes and I can't stop listening to it!
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923257)
Posted by megatonlover on May 18th, 2009 @ 8:38pm CDT
OH MY GOD!!!OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MY GOD!!! This is song is the BOMB!!!!!! It's awsome!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I just love the beat to this song and everything!! Absolutly a job well done Linkin Park!!! :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE: This song is sooo going on my iPod!! :grin:
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923264)
Posted by Cryo Prime on May 18th, 2009 @ 9:02pm CDT
Sweet i really like this one, man i get to hear the new song and i caught what i can only assume is a new trailer on nick. All in all it was a good day.
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923273)
Posted by Mechabreaker on May 18th, 2009 @ 9:48pm CDT
I really liked this song, it will be interesting to see how it is used in the film!
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923453)
Posted by [SELF.DESTRUCT] on May 19th, 2009 @ 10:46am CDT
Absolutly love this song :D
It says it wont be available on itunes until the 31st of may in the UK, until then i'll just be obsessivly listenin to it on youtube :grin:

:APPLAUSE:
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923481)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 19th, 2009 @ 11:55am CDT
Quickfire wrote:

You have to take into account the broad range of people that this movie will be playing to. This isn't like Punisher: War Zone (which there is no way in Hell I would have taken my kids to see or buy them the soundtrack) The first Movie soundtrack was pretty general yet appealing enough that after my oldest son got it for his birthday I burned copies for my ex-wife and I to listen to in our respective vehicles and we have quite varied tastes in music.
I'm sure all of us have good ideas as to what some of our favorites bands might be able to contribute to this franchise but I know that hip-hopsters wouldn't dig my Dragonforce ideas and I may not agree to a Goths Evanescence idea but in our own minds they may seem perfectly legit.
(Piss-poor examples but I was just throwing stuff out there. I like both the aforementioned bands and the rap track Second to None on the first Soundtrack was my favorite)
Re: New Divide by Linkin Park now online (923587)
Posted by ShGarland_1383 on May 19th, 2009 @ 10:32pm CDT
cheeser82 wrote:It IS there actually. You just have to search 'Linkin Park New Divide' and it's the second result. :)

Didn't think to include the song, just the band. didn't come up my way. thanks for the tip. they've got a link to it on the page the this thread links to, though; just gotta make sure yer browser lets linkinpark.com do pop-ups, however, because the link there opens a new page.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators Deadend with box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Deluxe Decepticon Deadend" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Transformers G1 Diecast Model Car Autobot Optimus Prime 1:32 99524" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 CONSTRUCTICON SCAVENGER, Vintage Takara 1984" on EBAY