New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 1:16am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,379

We continue here at Seibertron.com to bring you galleries from the 2015 edition of BotCon, as we delve into the smaller world of Kre-O - and the Earth's Most Wanted set from the event! Acting as a counterpart to the Cybertron Most Wanted full figure boxset, this souvenir set includes Kreons for Nightbird, Autobot Spike, Dr Arkeville, Robot Master, Sentinel Prime and Headmaster, gathered from different fictions and continuities of the Transformers franchise. Check out some previews below, and click on any of the images for the full galleries!

BotCon Exclusives Nightbird

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

BotCon Exclusives Autobot Spike

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

BotCon Exclusives Dr. Arkeville

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

BotCon Exclusives Robot Master

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

BotCon Exclusives Sentinel Prime

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

BotCon Exclusives Headmaster

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704513)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 30th, 2015 @ 1:19am CDT
Man, the paint/tampo work on these kreons is just terrible.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704536)
Posted by zwann on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:33am CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:Man, the paint/tampo work on these kreons is just terrible.

Agreed on that. That's just the major turnoff for me with the Kreons. Their paint apps tampograph are just so poorly done and aligned. This here, looks like somebody designed them with a frickin Sharpie pen.

Hasbro should really QC these Kreon. The best tampo I ever had with Kreons was Jarugar from series 8 i think. That was superb. Colors are nice, well aligned and sharp. That proves they could do it.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704571)
Posted by Shuttershock on June 30th, 2015 @ 7:48am CDT
My my, first G.B. Blackrock now Donny Finkleburg? What's next, Buster Witwicky?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704580)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 30th, 2015 @ 8:26am CDT
These are really... yikes. The actual designs look rather primitive with how reliant they are on straight lines, then the printing itself has a bunch of errors like smudging, chipping, and not fully covering a surface.

Seriously, just compare them to THIS:
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704600)
Posted by Lockdownhunter on June 30th, 2015 @ 9:25am CDT
The paint.................
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704679)
Posted by Seibertron on June 30th, 2015 @ 1:12pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704691)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Aside from the yellow paint for Nightbird's eyes and a few other minor flaws on the rest of these guys, I don't see all of the major flaws that are deserving of the comments above. With macro photography, the flaws in all Transformers toys paint jobs is brought into extreme focus. It is the bane of my existence as I try to find as near perfect specimens of each toy to photograph. The smallest flaws on these toys are brought out unfortunately by my up close and personal photography. The flaws aren't nearly as noticeable when held in hand versus under my camera lens.

Yeah, because all the other kreons you've photographed looked like crap. Oh wait, they looked fine, and the botcon kreons look like crap. Not even the past 2 years sets looked this bad. So this was either a QC issue which still further reinforces the rumor the club doesn't pay for it despite what they say. Or they gave up on this set. Either way, you don't have to rationalize the clubs mistakes, I know you want to be closer, but still.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704693)
Posted by Seibertron on June 30th, 2015 @ 2:18pm CDT
SW's SilverHammer wrote:

I'm sure you meant well with your statement but please don't pull that card on me again. I do not deserve that.

In addition, you haven't seen enough photographs of mine of the Kre-o line to know whether or not the rest look just as flawed or not since I only photographed the first wave or two of products 3 years ago. I haven't photographed any of the Microchangers since the preview wave.

http://www.seibertron.com/toys/index.ph ... type=exact
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704754)
Posted by DeadCaL on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:16pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Image

Why sir, is that a bat'leth attached to your head?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1704755)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 30th, 2015 @ 4:18pm CDT
DeadCaL wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Image

Why sir, is that a bat'leth attached to your head?

It indeed is. Not surprising since Kre-O covers not only Transformers, but Battleship, G.I. Joe and Star Trek as well ;)
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705341)
Posted by Va'al on July 2nd, 2015 @ 4:54am CDT
The latest offering in the Seibertron.com galleries in the post-BotCon 2015 weeks features some more Diaclone homages in the shape of Burn-Out and Lift-Ticket, and their pilots. These two figures are the previously 'leaked', so to speak', redecos of Generations Skids and Hoist, the former featuring a black paintjob, and the latter sporting a full red makeover - and the pilots, Dia and Cline, are repurposed from the Targetmasters that came with deluxe Scoop, Holepunch and Caliburst.

Check out a preview from the new galleries below, and click on any of the images to access the full works!

BotCon Exclusives Dia Pilot

BotCon Exclusives Cline Pilot

BotCon Exclusives Lift-Ticket

BotCon Exclusives Burn Out

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705351)
Posted by RhA on July 2nd, 2015 @ 5:54am CDT
Lift-ticket. He's a wrecker and HE'S GOT A HOOK.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705352)
Posted by Va'al on July 2nd, 2015 @ 5:59am CDT
RhA wrote:Lift-ticket. He's a wrecker and HE'S GOT A HOOK.

That's an elevator (BrEng='lift') pitch if I ever heard one.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705362)
Posted by steve2275 on July 2nd, 2015 @ 7:09am CDT
hoist and trailbreaker fan he must be
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705402)
Posted by Rated X on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:42am CDT
I cant wait for mine to arrive. I ordered em from the club finally. I also bought an extra X2 add on kit for lift ticket. Sure the gun is a brighter yellow but who gives a crap? I love diaclone homages. Somebody needs to do a black ironhide and blue trailbreaker. I heard the club is done with diaclone now, no future plans for it. Maybe e-hobby can get the ball rolling ?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705403)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 2nd, 2015 @ 8:42am CDT
I do like the colors for those molds. it works nicely! :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705420)
Posted by jogunwarrior on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:05am CDT
Love the black Skids
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705423)
Posted by ScottyP on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:09am CDT
Seibertron wrote:With macro photography, the flaws in all Transformers toys paint jobs is brought into extreme focus.
A little late to the party, but this, all the way.

Exhibit "The only example I'm posting right now":
Man, look at that running silver paint on his chest, the nick in the red around the Minicon port, the messy gate mark on the right arm, the small chips and inconsistently masked red on the front of the boat, and the tarnish on the metal assembly pin.

Except then get it in hand and it looks flawless. My camera isn't even nearly as nice as Ryan's (I've seen it, and mine, albeit a DSLR as well, is like a Fischer Price My First Camera next to it). I can only imagine how bad Kreons would look if I did it, whether they came from the club or from retail.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705426)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:12am CDT
What's more is that Burn Out is (piloted by) a female.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2015 Kre-o Earth's Most Wanted (1705431)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 2nd, 2015 @ 9:15am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What's more is that Burn Out is (piloted by) a female.

Very interesting and cool point :BOT:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-24 Star Saber & KFC Simba Signature Edition LE 499" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -Combiner Wars- Optimus Maximus - Ironhide Prowl Mirage Sunstreaker" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Victory G1 Takara 1989 Complete C-324 STAR SABER Headmasters Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Offroad SEALED CW G1 Generations Menasor Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Combiner Wars - Menasor - With Comics and Cards" on EBAY