New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Sunday, May 15th, 2016 6:18am CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 40,300

As promised, and as the Transformers Collectors' Club keeps sending out its Subscription Service 4.0 figures, Seibertron.com continues to provide its visual services to the figures - as we did with Needlenose when it shipped, so we do now with the figure that was intended to be retail Ruckus, changed into Combiner Wars Offroad by Hasbro, and now released under the Grabuge name by the Club!

Click on any of the images to open up the full gallery, as we plough full steam ahead towards our 5000 gallery milestone.

Subscription Service Grabuge (116 images) - Combiners, Deluxe Class, Subscription Service

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Transformers News: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus)

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1789874)
Posted by RNSrobot on May 15th, 2016 @ 11:06am CDT
Huh. I know Off-Road was originally designed to be Ruckus before they changed directions, but wow. I didn't do a direct comparison but that head and shin detail is completely Ruckus.

He doesn't look AMAZING but I'm really excited to get this guy, one of my favorite D-list Decepticons :lol:
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1789923)
Posted by jay5 on May 15th, 2016 @ 2:56pm CDT
Thanks for the high-res Ruckus photo gallery. Those tacky paint apps really stand out compared to the factory figures, especially all the inaccurate and wavy edges/lines where they meet another color. For a 3x-4x price point, I'll pass. If the paint apps were factory quality, maybe. But even then, the price point is kind of silly.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790467)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 17th, 2016 @ 7:35pm CDT
And just as OffRoad almost ended up being Ruckus, so too did his actual Ruckus repaint.

Who decided to translate his name into French? Slicer?

Ruckus will always hold a special place in my heart for being the only Triggercon (or -bot) that I actually owned in '88. I wonder, was the aborted attempt to make him a Stunticon what led to the whole Thunder Mayhem gestalt team idea? IDR what was said about that back during the reveal.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790470)
Posted by TF_JW on May 17th, 2016 @ 7:52pm CDT
The "Ruckus" trademark didn't pass legal - another toy company must have it. So to keep him as "Ruckus" as possible, one of the translated names from the original G1 packaging was used. Specifically, his French-Canadian name.

The Mayhem Attack Squad team concept solidified around some very cool ideas in Needlenose, Spinister, and of course Ruckus. Windsweeper was quick in materializing as well.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790601)
Posted by Moonshot on May 18th, 2016 @ 11:53am CDT
Ruckus looks great. I can def see how this mould was made for him. Cant wait for the Ramjet gallery. When is he shipping out? Anyone hear anything about it yet? I know I have asked a couple times in the last few weeks but he is much anticipated.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790609)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 18th, 2016 @ 12:22pm CDT
Moonshot wrote:Cant wait for the Ramjet gallery. When is he shipping out? Anyone hear anything about it yet? I know I have asked a couple times in the last few weeks but he is much anticipated.

He's still delayed, but Ryan got an pre-release specimen for the galleries:

Transformers Club Exclusives Ramjet Gallery

Keep in mind, this is the one without the modifications to the head.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790624)
Posted by Seibertron on May 18th, 2016 @ 2:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Keep in mind, this is the one without the modifications to the head.

The one in my gallery that Pete loaned me to photograph had the correct head modification so that the head could do the fin in jet mode. Just confirmed with Pete that it was the corrected one.

Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790665)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 18th, 2016 @ 4:13pm CDT
Ah, ok, I stand corrected. :)
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790753)
Posted by Moonshot on May 19th, 2016 @ 2:05am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

He's still delayed, but Ryan got an pre-release specimen for the galleries:

Transformers Club Exclusives Ramjet Gallery

Keep in mind, this is the one without the modifications to the head.

Sweet thanks, I must have missed the gallery for him some how. Hate that he is delayed.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1790870)
Posted by RNSrobot on May 19th, 2016 @ 12:48pm CDT
Got ruckus in the mail today. Heh. Tiny box compared to needlenose.

I like him a lot. Because RUCKUS. He unfortunately simply has too much paint. The yellow paint especially on his outer truck shell just looks too thick and glossy, and kind of cheap, doesn't quite go with the really nice colors of the blue plastic. I totally understand the need to work with the mold stories and it looks right onto the character,just looks more like a custom than a high-end collector item.

Love the little details like the spring eco on his hood, the yellow connector chest port. He's really cool but just not as nicely done as needlenose or my previous sub figures (thrustinator, circuit, jackpot).
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796140)
Posted by Va'al on June 9th, 2016 @ 4:45am CDT
While still part of the beast world of alt-modes, the latest addition to the Seibertron.com galleries lives in a crossworld of Transformers Collectors' Club Exclusives and a direct G1 redeco, as a set of figures that was supposed to be a retail exclusive, but made it into Timelines in 2008 instead!

Let your eyes float over the full Seacon team, including Nautilator, Overbite, Seawing, Skalor, Snaptrap, and Tentakil, and their combined mode Seacon Superwarrior Piranacon. The fun fact about these dangerously reused molds, is that each component is drowning in playability: they can be a robot, an aquatic monster, and a Targetmaster with their weapon mode, plus the combining mode! Surf the galleries by clicking on any of the images below.

Club Exclusives Piranacon (135 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons

Club Exclusives Snaptrap (105 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons

Club Exclusives Tentakil (103 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons, Targetmasters

Club Exclusives Skalor (107 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons, Targetmasters

Club Exclusives Overbite (97 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons, Targetmasters

Club Exclusives Seawing (104 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons, Targetmasters

Club Exclusives Nautilator (91 images) - Combiners, Exclusives, Seacons, Targetmasters

Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796142)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 9th, 2016 @ 4:53am CDT
SEACONS WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796178)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 9th, 2016 @ 8:05am CDT
These guys look cool. Can't wait for them to get a modern update eventually, cause that is a good look :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796196)
Posted by Dagon on June 9th, 2016 @ 9:36am CDT
Perhaps I missed something, but how are these 'dangerously reused molds'?
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796208)
Posted by Va'al on June 9th, 2016 @ 10:27am CDT
Dagon wrote:Perhaps I missed something, but how are these 'dangerously reused molds'?

They're reused much much later than the first time the mold was intended, and it shows.
Perhaps bad phrasing on my part, here. :-?
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796211)
Posted by Bounti76 on June 9th, 2016 @ 10:33am CDT
Dr Va'al wrote:

Perhaps bad phrasing on my part, here. :-?

Also, hadn't the molds somewhat degraded by the time this set was issued?

Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796217)
Posted by Dagon on June 9th, 2016 @ 10:55am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

Perhaps bad phrasing on my part, here. :-?

Also, hadn't the molds somewhat degraded by the time this set was issued?

I own the set, but haven't looked at it for quite a while, so maybe I'm not as aware of this mold issue as it apparently warrants. This is kind of a head-scratcher remark to me though, as no one ever seems to be critical of the trillion Combaticon reuses in such a way. The Seacons have only been reused three times, or four total times if that sounds better, so I guess i don't really associate 'mold overuse' or degradation with them.
Ultimately, I think I just misunderstood what the good doctor wrote.

Bounti76 wrote:And just to be kind of nitpicky, the King Poseidon version of Tentakil is actually Scylla, who's a fembot, not just a version of Tentakil.

I wouldn't call this a nitpick at all.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796237)
Posted by RNSrobot on June 9th, 2016 @ 11:26am CDT
For whatever reason though the Combaticon molds hold up. In terms of number of uses, you're absolutely correct --- the Seacons have been used far less.

Couple years ago I got the BBTS shared exclusive reissue of the Seacons and I was TERRIFIED to transform them. The plastic felt brittle and it felt like every part was going to snap at the slightest movement. I did a full conversion ONCE, returned it to combined mode (and clicking the heads into the ports was the worst), and stuck it back in the box. I had similar, but not as severe, issues with the TRU reissue Insecticons from about five years ago. I couldn't speak to the quality of the current (overpriced) platinum set of Insecticons.

I think "dangerously reused" is fair to say with respect to the quality of the toys.

When WAS the last Combaticon reuse? RID? They were great, at any rate. But that's already 15 years ago.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796241)
Posted by Va'al on June 9th, 2016 @ 11:40am CDT
Bounti76 wrote:
Dr Va'al wrote:

Perhaps bad phrasing on my part, here. :-?

Also, hadn't the molds somewhat degraded by the time this set was issued?

Yeah, that is also what I was referring to.
Re: New Gallery: Club Subscription 4.0 Grabuge (aka Ruckus) (1796243)
Posted by Dagon on June 9th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
I've got an original G1 set, the God Neptune set, and the TFCC rerelease, and have never had any mold issues. I remember hearing the BBTS/TRU reissue set had a lot of QC issues, but have never handled it, so I can't speak to that one. I guess I'm just surprised to learn that there are such issues associated with these figures.

As for the Combaticons, the original Universe line had two Ruinations, and I think that was a year or two after RID ended. Still a long time back regardless.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "5 Action / Comedy Blu-ray- Iron Man (2008), Elf 2003, Star Wars, Transformers 4:" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY