New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy

Thursday, June 4th, 2015 3:22pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 26,264

As the registration deadline for BotCon 2015 approaches, Seibertron.com is swelling with pride (heh) at the new installment of our toy galleries: Transformers Collectors' Club Deluxe Lio Convoy! The figure is a redeco of the Deluxe Generations Orion Pax, using a lionesque pattern of white, red, grey and gold, plus a new headsculpt too.

Lio Convoy is but one of the Orion Pax repurposes, as we have already seen and featured a gallery for Nova Prime a while back, and a third purple iteration seems to be teased on the box for the latter. In the meantime, click on any image below to view the full gallery, which includes comparison shots with Nova Orion and previous versions of Lio Convoy too!

Convention & Club Exclusives Lio Convoy

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy

Transformers News: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 4th, 2015 4:21pm CDT

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694679)
Posted by Seibertron on June 4th, 2015 @ 8:56pm CDT
People seem really excited about this figure.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694687)
Posted by shajaki on June 4th, 2015 @ 9:09pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:People seem really excited about this figure.
I am! Won't be getting one any time soon cause... money :(
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694749)
Posted by Emerje on June 4th, 2015 @ 11:18pm CDT
I know I'm really happy with it. I wasn't sure what to expect since I didn't get Orion Pax so this is my first real encounter with the mold. It's a very solid figure with great articulation. He is a little small, even smaller than RID Warrior Op. The paint (at least on mine) is very clean and the sculpt doesn't look "soft" like some people have complained about in photos. My favorite part is how the truck mode slightly resembles a lion head with the black nose and gold mane. It's a nice figure, easily one of the best sub figures they've come up with.

Emerje
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694756)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 4th, 2015 @ 11:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:People seem really excited about this figure.
I love it. The headsculpt on mine looks really sharp with good paint apps, and a very striking shade of blue that no pics ever do any justice towards and which I actually find myself liking more than the blue used on the head of my Legend Commander Collection Lio Convoy.

It also helps that a good story can really help sell a figure, as Jim Sorenson really nailed the two prose stories this iteration of Lio Convoy starred in. I hope he (Jim) keeps going with more of the Uprising story.

My only, if any, issues I have with the figure are those that stem from it using the Orion Pax mold, of which I'm not that big a fan of. But between this and the Nova Prime version, both are the better versions of the mold compared the much more plain-looking Hasbro Orion Pax.

As far as this gallery is concerned, as I said before, no pics can do the head's vivid shade of blue proper justice, but you always give it your all and then some. :APPLAUSE: I'm only a bit saddened to see no pics of TCC Lio Convoy with his (former) supervisor TCC Eject.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694803)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 5th, 2015 @ 1:54am CDT
Turning the camera lens to the Transformers Collectors' Club subscription service 3.0 we get a very nice gallery of the 1st figure Carzap with Kreon G.B. Blackrock. Based on an unused concept that paired Transformers with Takara's Diablock building block line which was to be known as Blocktown in the post G2 era.

Carzap is a retool of the Generations Bumblebee mold which was also used for Generations Goldfire, Nightbeat as well as Goshooter which was a Million Publishing exclusive. To homage the building block aspect of Blocktown, Carzap comes with a Kre-O set that builds a gas pump which can be converted into a laser cannon. Click on any of the images to see the full gallery.

Convention & Club Exclusives Carzap

Convention & Club Exclusives G.B. Blackrock

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694878)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on June 5th, 2015 @ 7:44am CDT
I wouldn't mind adding a few more humans to my TF collection such as GB Blackrock but certainly not Kreons. I was fond of the Human Alliance figures though so does anyone know of any other toylines that have similar figures in size and articulation that I can just buy the human figures from to customise into TF humans? Actual HA figures would be far too expensive since would have to buy the whole robot set and end up with a ton of unneeded robots. :P
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1694905)
Posted by shajaki on June 5th, 2015 @ 8:34am CDT
I want Carzap. Alot. Which is odd cause I have no connection to the figure other than loving G2.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704042)
Posted by Va'al on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:33pm CDT
In other Sunday news, we have some more BotCon exclusives to share with and beyond the Seibertron.com community - feast your optics on the swarm of the Waruder Marauders Drones and their pilots! The Diaclone inspired figures of Mudfighter, Storm Rider, Parasite and Paralyzer are all redecos of the Transformers Generations deluxe Waspinator, and come with their own Legends class Targetmaster Waspinator redeco too - click on any of the images below to view the full galleries, as usual, and get the buzz going in the Energon Pub.

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Mudfighter Drone

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Thrasher Pilot

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Storm Rider Drone

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Crusher Pilot

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Parasite Drone

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Ripper Pilot

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Paralyzer Drone

BotCon Exclusives Waruder Buzzer Pilot

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704046)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:38pm CDT
Curse this set and it's over-priced-ness :-x
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704051)
Posted by Mkall on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:46pm CDT
I never have had a strong desire to Troop-Build the Waspinator mold...

...until Botcon 2015
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704053)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2015 @ 4:50pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I never have had a strong desire to Troop-Build the Waspinator mold...

...until Botcon 2015

They just all look so nice :-x
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704094)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2015 @ 6:53pm CDT
Fantastic toys, aren't they? 8)

Ryan, if you own or ever plan to get the original Diaclone figures that these pilots and the Storm Rider drone are based on, and want to later update the galleries with comparison pics, here's a chart with all of them plus the others that all the Diaclone homage toys from this year were based on:

Source: https://twitter.com/p2099/status/611777982454087680
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704100)
Posted by shajaki on June 28th, 2015 @ 7:23pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Curse this set and it's over-priced-ness :-x
I know... :BOOM:

At first all I wanted (well, needed) was the yellow/green SG Waspinator. But the preview of this gallery and the full one convinced me how much love they put into these Wasps. I want them all. But DAMN that price :-(
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704111)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 28th, 2015 @ 7:41pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Curse this set and it's over-priced-ness :-x
I know... :BOOM:

Yeah, I would say for 8 figures, it's worth it, but unless they swapped the stupid-cheap rubber for something that doesn't make me want to burn the mini-waspies, I will be saving my money for CW wave 3 (whenever HTS gets them instock :-x )
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704130)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:15pm CDT
THAT is a terrifying swarm of angry rainbow Waspinators! :BOT:
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704133)
Posted by megatronus on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:30pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:THAT is a terrifying swarm of angry rainbow Waspinators! :BOT:

Pride!
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704137)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 28th, 2015 @ 9:46pm CDT
megatronus wrote:

Pride!

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704162)
Posted by Seibertron on June 28th, 2015 @ 11:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Fantastic toys, aren't they? 8)

Source: https://twitter.com/p2099/status/611777982454087680

I don't have much interest in chasing down Diaclones for the sake of doing comparisons for these guys. If I found some for a steal, maybe, but I'd really rather finish my Takara G1 collection first.

Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704167)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2015 @ 11:15pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:What I am interested in knowing is where I can find out if the Reflector pilot is actually called Spy-Eye (as in the Go-Bot, which I read elsewhere on our forums) and if the Diaclone pilot which it homages is a good guy or a Waruder and who the original pilot it homages is.
On the first page that Burn Out and Lift-Ticket appear in the comic, Lift-Ticket is holding the red Reflector in camera mode and refers to it as "Spy-Eye". I'd give the page number, but the comic lacks page numbers and I wouldn't know which page to consider "Page 1" (the cover, the inside cover, or the next page with the story's beginning).

Lift-Ticket's line of dialogue reads "Hrm, the signals that are being detected by Spy-Eye... without a doubt."

Sadly, the little guy doesn't seem to appear on any other page in the comic.

As for whether the name is a reference to the GoBot, or what the nature of the Diaclone toy it homages is, I know not, but can keep looking into it.
Re: New Gallery: Collectors' Club 2015 Lio Convoy (1704173)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 28th, 2015 @ 11:55pm CDT
Well, looks like finding out what Diaclone toy Spy-Eye is based on was easier than I thought. It's the Powered Suit, a biosuit that the little (good guy) Diaclone pilot figures could be put into and wear.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY