New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016 4:15PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Collector's Club News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 39,448

Our next gallery update for Seibertron.com is a special one: it is none other than the Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet! This figure uses the Generations Armada Starscream mold along with all its accessories, but with a brand new head. You can click on any of the images below to view the full gallery.

We'd like to extend a Special thanks to the Transformers Collectors' Club and Pete Sinclair for the opportunity to photograph this exclusive figure in advance of its release!

Convention & Club Exclusives Ramjet

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet

Credit(s): seibertron
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769060)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 23rd, 2016 @ 4:20pm CST
Looks so gorgeous. The colors, the details, the head, everything looks so right and accurate to what it's supposed to be. More updates to non-G1 characters with non-G1 looks are always welcome.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769114)
Posted by Deadput on February 23rd, 2016 @ 5:49pm CST
I weep for that which I will never own this gorgeous figure.

Just absolutely stunning Ramjet is.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769117)
Posted by Emerje on February 23rd, 2016 @ 6:05pm CST
Good job, Fun Pub, good job! ;)^

Emerje
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769148)
Posted by Autobot N on February 23rd, 2016 @ 8:20pm CST
Deadput wrote:I weep for that which I will never own this gorgeous figure.

Just absolutely stunning Ramjet is.

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769158)
Posted by Mindmaster on February 23rd, 2016 @ 9:32pm CST
Glad I plan on renewing this year as usual. Looking forward to this one; more Armada homages, please! I beg of you!

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769179)
Posted by Deadput on February 23rd, 2016 @ 11:29pm CST
Decepticon Sunstorm wrote:I'm a Club member, so I'll be getting him. If I don't really like him, I might be able to hook you up.

If I ever learn how to use paypal or get a real credit card soon I'll be interested.

My bet options currently is to either mail money or purchase a prepaid credit and put some money in it although I doubt it works outside Canada.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769184)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 24th, 2016 @ 12:01am CST
Deadput wrote:

If you have a current bank account, PayPal is quite easy to set up, even for international transactions. What you really need to worry about are shipping costs which can get quite high when crossing borders, and exchange rates.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769220)
Posted by Microraptor on February 24th, 2016 @ 6:51am CST
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769222)
Posted by Black Hat on February 24th, 2016 @ 6:53am CST
Damn, that looks gooooood. Hopefully this and Skywarp end up on the aftermarket- I kinda want to make an Armada Seeker Trio with Legends Armada Starscream and Thundercracker (yes I know he's technically "super mode" Starscream but that ain't stopping me) and Club Skywarp. I'll take Skywarp over Ramjet, if only for the sake of the trio.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769241)
Posted by TF_JW on February 24th, 2016 @ 8:17am CST
Mindmaster wrote:I'm curious as to how the head works for jet mode. I assume there's more empty space on the back of his head that would allow him to look all the way up as you fold the head down? That's the only way I can see him being able to transform, really.

Do you have an Armada Starscream from Generations handy? That might be the easiest way to explain it, if you're looking at him.

The head was always designed on a ball joint, but the Starscream head was designed with a horizontal bar across the back of the socket. This little tiny bar is all that prevents Starscream from doing the same thing that Ramjet does.

So when designing the Ramjet head, Fun Pub made sure to keep that back of the socket with plenty of clearance, as well as angling the bottom of the helmet so that it wouldn't hit the neck or "collar bone".

This allowed for pretty much a full back-of-the-head to be sculpted without any really obtrusively ugly gaps or anything.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769243)
Posted by TF_JW on February 24th, 2016 @ 8:24am CST
Microraptor wrote:While this is a GORGEOUS figure, I don't understand why the swords are just clear plastic. Why not a fiery red translucence to make them more interesting?

Most of the clear plastic is all on the same tree/part of the same tool. Gray was chosen for a couple of reasons, but chiefly to make the translucent parts of the missile launchers match the look of the original figure's jet mode. (The launchers on the original were gray, white, and blue.) The original sword was also mostly white and silver (with a blue tip), so gray did seem to make some sense for the swords as well.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769246)
Posted by Microraptor on February 24th, 2016 @ 8:44am CST
TF_JW wrote:

I guess that makes sense. Though on the topic of weapons, I must ask: Have you ever thought about making a character a new weapon instead of a new head? Because I need more bots with chainsaw-swords.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769248)
Posted by TF_JW on February 24th, 2016 @ 9:10am CST

I believe that is the only new-mold accessory that has been created (other than the 2007 Vector Sigma). Otherwise it has been trying to find existing weapons from Hasbro's existing library of tools, like the Targetmasters from Scoop and swords from Optimus ExPrime that were used for TFSS 4.0, the Construct-Bots weapons that were used for Oilmaster, and Arcee's arsenal that was given to Impactor. There are quite a lot of existing tooling for weapons, so that's where Fun Pub has been looking for the most part whenever they've decided to add more character-appropriate accessories.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769260)
Posted by Seibertron on February 24th, 2016 @ 10:15am CST
TF_JW wrote:All the way back at BotCon 2005, Ratchet received a new-mold "shield" accessory that could be placed in vehicle mode as his lightbars.

I'd love to see some "weapon" sets, something along the lines of the vintage Masters of the Universe "Weapons Pak" sets. A lot of the Legends figures from the past few years don't have weapons, it'd be great to give Bombshell, Powerglide, Windcharger, etc a gun! Even doing something special for swords or something to match the cartoon look would be cool. And I don't want to do 3rd party accessories, something officially made by Hasbro would be perfect for my collection. Food for thought for another day!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769275)
Posted by Leader_Ultra_Magnus on February 24th, 2016 @ 11:29am CST
This is the 1st must have Free Subscription figure ever!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769289)
Posted by Seibertron on February 24th, 2016 @ 12:10pm CST
Leader_Ultra_Magnus wrote:This is the 1st must have Free Subscription figure ever!

Over Runamuck?

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769308)
Posted by Deadput on February 24th, 2016 @ 1:01pm CST

In your opinion of course.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769365)
Posted by Moonshot on February 24th, 2016 @ 3:06pm CST
Ramjet looks super sweet, can't wait to finally get him. I like that the blue turned out more pale. Makes him not looks so patriotic. Think I may like Ramjet even better than Lio Convoy plus I don't own a figure with the Armada mould.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769448)
Posted by Microraptor on February 24th, 2016 @ 8:29pm CST

Quick, give every figure Roadbuster's mechtech weapon!
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Collectors' Club Free Membership Incentive Ramjet (1769473)
Posted by Deadput on February 24th, 2016 @ 9:32pm CST
Microraptor wrote:
Quick, give every figure Roadbuster's mechtech weapon!

Actually my fave mech tech weapon alongside reuses of the mold such as Thundercracker's and Takara Vortex's for example.

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Kre-o transformers 31145 Mirage brand new" on EBAY
Buy "G2 Rapido Sticker Sheet Vintage Transformers Hasbro Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Convention Exclusive Maestro MTRM-09GII G2 Jazz TFCon 18 Maketoys" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Rattrap Maximal Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Generations - Junkheap Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Never Transformed TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS 30th METROPLEX TITAN COMPLETE W/BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Legends Class Gnaw" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Junkheap Autobot Deluxe Class & Box" on EBAY