New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Saturday, January 10th, 2015 3:57am CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 43,847

To kick off the weekend, Seibertron.com brings you another installment of photo galleries, and we turn once more to Takara Tomy and it's Legends time today. Check out below a selection of images showing off the latest incarnation of what once was a Macross VF-1S Super Valkyrie - LG07 Leader Class Jetfire! The Japanese counterpart of the Hasbro Generations toy (comparison shots included) features all the same weapons and removable mask, and pretty much the same deco and paint scheme; exceptions are the lack of chrome on the red parts, some additional leg paint apps, more detail on the Autobot symbol and other very minor touches, making it look more and more like its IDW character. Check them out for yourselves by clicking on any image below!

Transformers Legends Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Transformers News: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637638)
Posted by wetwithwaterwings on January 10th, 2015 @ 8:29am CST
The Takara version looks so good. I bought the Hasbro version when it was on super sale because it was December and as my girlfriend said, "it looks Christmas-y". The Hasbro paint apps seem to homage the show more closely. Was there an inspiration for the extra paint apps on the Takara version?
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637642)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 10th, 2015 @ 8:58am CST
I don't see enough to warrant the higher cost. I can add a few paint apps and remove the chrome so...meh. Still, love this new mold and I do like the black gun barrels.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637645)
Posted by wetwithwaterwings on January 10th, 2015 @ 9:19am CST
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637646)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on January 10th, 2015 @ 9:19am CST
Amazing gallery as usual, thank you.

Aside chrome :SICK: and price, I find takara closer to IDW and hasbro a G1 deco, therefore I am happy with my hasbro version.

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637649)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 10th, 2015 @ 9:29am CST
Syn_13 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Image

This! This is why we need a Leader Magnus so badly!

I can agree with that. I took the PRiD Magnus and painted him a bit to represent my Magnus but I'd love to see new one.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637667)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 10th, 2015 @ 10:38am CST
wetwithwaterwings wrote:Was there an inspiration for the extra paint apps on the Takara version?
Probably the earliest promotional images of the Hasbro version are what inspired the Takara version, since those early promo pics had the extra red chest stripes and black-painted kibble gun barrels that the Takara version has.

wetwithwaterwings wrote:I bought it purely for the non-chromed parts. I can't customize to save my life, so I had to pay.
Fortunately, removing the chrome from the Hasbro version is so simple that anybody can do it. :D

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637718)
Posted by MGrotusque on January 10th, 2015 @ 2:11pm CST
Love that tutorial. I have those products in my house. I can't believe how easy it is. I just saved 100 bucks by watching this video.

I have the chromed version waiting in my pile of loot but the other day bombing around town i stopped at one of the local nerd stores and i found a Takara version on the shelf. They are asking 84.99 plus tax for it. It's way too much but i've been racking my brain whether or not to buy because of the unchromed bits.

I might even leave one or two chromed and dechrome the others. I like options.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637748)
Posted by Naked Magnus on January 10th, 2015 @ 4:11pm CST

WHAT KIND OF PARALLEL UNIVERSE HAVE I SLIPPED INTO???
:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637749)
Posted by Naked Magnus on January 10th, 2015 @ 4:12pm CST
Accidental double post. Please ignore.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637769)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 10th, 2015 @ 6:03pm CST
Naked Magnus wrote:What...WHAT? You mean to tell me that the HASBRO version has chrome but the TAKARA one does not?????? And, on top of that, fans prefer the TAKARA version specifically because it does not have chrome? Isn't it normally the opposite?

WHAT KIND OF PARALLEL UNIVERSE HAVE I SLIPPED INTO???
:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

Lol. Yeah. I think stuff would probably sell better if they just put Takara on everything. ;)

I keed.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637770)
Posted by divineforce on January 10th, 2015 @ 6:07pm CST
loving these guys
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637778)
Posted by shajaki on January 10th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CST
Optimizzy wrote:

WHAT KIND OF PARALLEL UNIVERSE HAVE I SLIPPED INTO???
:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

I keed.
i assume youre referencing the henkei line, which was littered with chrome. but, did people like that line because of the chrome? the paint apps in general were just better, and for the most part, the chrome emulated their G1 counterparts (ie: shoulder cannons, guns). not to mention, there wasnt really any gaudy use of chrome either. for example, henkei jetfire's only use of chrome was the rear thrusters.

i think that used sparingly, chrome can be really nice. and peoples aversion to hasbros jetfire is that there was too much chrome, and not enough paint apps.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637782)
Posted by Optimizzy on January 10th, 2015 @ 6:56pm CST
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637800)
Posted by fenrir72 on January 10th, 2015 @ 9:08pm CST

WHAT KIND OF PARALLEL UNIVERSE HAVE I SLIPPED INTO???
:HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS: :HEADHURTS:

Have both. And yes, misapplication of chrome ends bad. Maybe if Hasbro just chromed the pseudo metallalic exhausts on both the 'bot and the boosters it would have turned out right.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1637847)
Posted by Seibertron on January 11th, 2015 @ 12:56am CST
Optimizzy wrote:My thing is that anytime Takara produces a new repaint, regardless of actual improvement, it's hailed as awesome by someone. I'm just calling that out. It's not all the time, but it's often enough for me to wonder if it's truly an objective opinion. Other than the non chrome, I don't see an improvement in this jet fire. I just don't. Getting non-chromed bits just isn't worth the import costs and takara'a pricing scale. There are times when Takaras paint apps and coloring is superior. But this isn't one of those times really. I'm not meaning to insult anyone, because Takara's market is more collector based, but it sometimes seems that Hasbro can't win some some fans.

I 100% agree with your statement, Optimizzy. Hasbro has it pretty rough with the collectors community.

It seems like whichever company releases a figure 2nd, ends up with the better scheme that is often more widely accepted. Unfortunately it's usually Takara that comes out with a figure 2nd but in cases where it's Hasbro, we end up with things like the original Masterpiece Starscream which was much more preferred than the poor color choice for the original MP-3 Starscream.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1638019)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on January 11th, 2015 @ 4:46pm CST
In initial pics the non-chromed looked better, but in newer pics like these, well, I'll take the chromed, I just don't like the shade of red Takara made those parts. Looks cheap.

I do like the black barrels on the guns, but that's a minor thing.

The rest of the added paint on the Takara seems minuscule. There's the extended stripes on the chest, and the stripes around the bottom of the legs above the feet, and...? That it? Meh. If you really cared you could use a red sharpie on the Hasbro and achieve similar results, I'm sure.

They're both great looking overall, mind you, I just am glad for the Hasbro and chrome now, even if I wasn't sure of the chrome before.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1639614)
Posted by Towline on January 15th, 2015 @ 7:57pm CST
I like Hasbro's red chrome on Jetfire to Takara's over painting of JetFire. Jetfire is one of the few times I like Hasbro's paint apps over Takara's. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1644220)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 28th, 2015 @ 9:42pm CST
Seibertron.com proudly presents our newest gallery: TakaraTomy Transformers Legends LG-09 Brainstorm with Arcana. This version of the figure features more paint apps than the Hasbro release, and all of the plastics used match evenly on both versions of the figure, save for the canopy. Brainstorm and Arcana are shipping now from US retailer, and our sponsor, BBTS.

To see more of the Japanese version of the release, as well as a comparison set with the US version, click any of the images below to be taken to the full gallery to see Brainstorm and Arcana:

Transformers Legends Brainstorm

Transformers Legends Arcana

Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1644223)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 28th, 2015 @ 9:46pm CST
Looks like the manga might be going the Japanese route in depicting Brainstorm as a lifeless Transtector with the Arcana figure representing the real Brainstorm.
Re: New Gallery: Transformers Legends LG-07 Jetfire (1644225)
Posted by shajaki on January 28th, 2015 @ 9:49pm CST
quick question seibs:
do either of your brainstorms have the infamous HM defects?

i was planning to get both versions, but they look pretty similar. takaras seems to just be hasbros +1 (with the additional apps).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Hollywood Rides Diecast 1:32 Scale Flame Design Jada" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION AUTOBOT QUICK DRAW HOUND Power battler 2014." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 Constructicon Scrapmetal - Devastator Arm. MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Predaking - 30th Anniversary New Amazon Exclusive Platinum" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Autobot SLUG - TRU Evolution 2-Pack Exclusive Deluxe New Slag" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Cyberverse Warrior Class Lightning Slash Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "JADA 30114 TRANSFORMERS VW VOLKSWAGEN BEETLE BUMBLEBEE 1:24 WITH CHARLIE FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner force STEELJAW in original packaging !!" on EBAY