New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

Friday, February 5th, 2010 5:10pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 28,381

Fansproject has given photos to TFClub featuring the latest addition to the 3rd Party toy makers portfolio.

As we previously reported, the Crossfire 02 Sets A and B are upgrade sets for the gestalt Combaticon team Bruticus Maximus from the Energon, and more recently, Revenge of the Fallen toyline. The images give us an in depth look at the individual figures that are designed to replace have the limbs of the combiner team, along with a good look at the additional accessories and add ons that come with each figure.

New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B

Check out all the images by clicking here.

Keep your optics locked right here at Seibertron.com your Ultimate Transformers Resource!

Credit(s): TFClub.com

Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044348)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on February 5th, 2010 @ 5:24pm CST
Oh lordy is that gorgeous. Sucks that it's split and thus more expensive, but considering the effort being put into this I'd say it's pretty worth it.

Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044351)
Posted by Narc on February 5th, 2010 @ 5:27pm CST
Sold!!!
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044356)
Posted by Rated X on February 5th, 2010 @ 5:38pm CST
Looks nice...now the only problem is they make the other 3 figures look like crap. The 2 new figures are accurate G1 represantations and the other 3 (Onslaught, Brawl, and Vortex) are not G1 accurate at all except for the colors. Maybe they should just do the whole toy over from scratch. And are these prototype images or are you expected to paint them with your choice of colors ???

If they come painted, Im hoping I can score this set at Botcon 2010 in Orlando...I dont do mail order.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044361)
Posted by mechabooks on February 5th, 2010 @ 5:49pm CST
Those pieces look absolutely sick! I really want them but, I think I'm going to have wait awhile to order them.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044375)
Posted by bigwhitey21 on February 5th, 2010 @ 6:41pm CST
heres hoping that they will make replacements for the other 3 bots. they could release one every few months then like after a year you'd have a 100% new Bruticus!
ahh it's nice to dream...
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044396)
Posted by Down_Shift on February 5th, 2010 @ 8:41pm CST
I want my children to look like that some day.

Man, these guys just don't stop bringing the pain. The sweet, sweet pain. I can't wait for a picture that shows the dual shotguns strapped to his back.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044403)
Posted by zenosaurus_x on February 5th, 2010 @ 9:08pm CST
While I won't be buying these, they are sooo awesome! These guys should just remake all of them!
Imagine how lame Brawl and Onslaught look compared to the reast, yeah, they should just make they're own full combiner.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044407)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on February 5th, 2010 @ 9:17pm CST
Wow, this is beautiful! I have never been so excited to blow 90 bucks. :lol:

I can't wait for April/June
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044416)
Posted by UltraPrimal on February 5th, 2010 @ 10:04pm CST
Needs more guns.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044423)
Posted by im ruined on February 5th, 2010 @ 10:33pm CST
SOLD
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044426)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 5th, 2010 @ 11:05pm CST
I like seeing them show what the parts are all for and what they can do. I'm already sold on this guy. This just adds to my excitement.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044441)
Posted by MatrixWithinUs on February 6th, 2010 @ 12:19am CST
The whole thing is FREAKIN SWEET!!!! I really don't understand some of the complaints at all. Yeah the 2 new figs are more articulate. Once painted I think it will all sync. I know this is a waste of text but here goes. Blast Off is dead on G1, Swindle was a jeep not a hummer so, some of you are gonna complain about the other Energon figs not fitting in :???: Vortex is still a helicopter with G1 colors, Brawl, still a tank correct colors. Onslaught, hate his head as everyone does so, that could've been fixed but, he is still an anti aircraft vehicle. Praise be to this set he looks more G1 in alt mode than ever before. As for the price, I gave $116 for the first release of City Commander, Love it. $45 for Superion set. $80 bucks for Springer. Right at $100 for everything in this set is awsome!! I LOVE everything Fansproject has done so far. If they were to make a complete combiner set, don't waste time on this one. Give me an amazing Menasor or Defensor. My Superion is out numbered with Devy and Bruticus :lol:
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044467)
Posted by Oilspill on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:09am CST
Sgt. Grumbles wrote:Does anyone know if any of those parts (I'm looking at the pillbox launchers, specifically) are being used in conjunction with Vortex or Brawl? I'd assume so given the last set, but we haven't seen any pictures supporting it to my knowledge.

You mean like this?

Man, that picture does highlight how crap the original figures look in comparison to the new replacements. No offense Hasbro, you do some good stuff, but just not in this particular case.

I bought ROTF Bruticus just for the upgrade and I have to say he's a pretty ugly combiner... but FansProject's add ons make him look fan-f*cking-tastic.

On a side note, the FP kit gives Bruticus a hell of a lot of weapons, so I thought I'd see if I could arm G1 Bruticus to the teeth too. I always wondered what the slot in G1 Bruticus' groin piece was for... but now I've found an effective though somewhat dubious use for it.

Hey, if ROTF Devastator can have contructicles, G1 Bruticus can totally have a groin-gun.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044468)
Posted by DMSL on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:22am CST
Bit of a wasted opportunity that they didn't make this a combiner with the Classic Onslaught as the main body.

After that they could focus on Superion, with the Classic Silverbolt as main body.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044469)
Posted by Oilspill on February 6th, 2010 @ 3:29am CST
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044483)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 6th, 2010 @ 4:10am CST
Oilspill wrote:Only just realised that the blade Bruticus has is Blastoff's tailfin. Unusual choice!

I wondered where the blade was in all the other pics! Now I know.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044499)
Posted by Heckfire on February 6th, 2010 @ 5:26am CST
Man, I don't even have the Energon/ROTF Bruticus set and I want these. You can NEVER have too many Swindles, you ask me...besides, maybe the attachment parts will be compatible with Nexus Prime/Maximus/Dildobot from the OTFCC, too.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044543)
Posted by Prime Evil on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:24am CST
:shock: so...many...guns... :BOOM:

If we know fans project, I'm gonna get the first set for my Bruticus and I CANNOT WAIT to see what they are gonna do as a repaint. Nice to know that I'll have them to use as stand alone figures, cause it would be a shame to only showcase those figures in only 1 mode.
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044545)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 6th, 2010 @ 9:32am CST
Even more sold than before...
Re: New Images of FansProject Crossfire 02 Upgrade Sets A & B (1044593)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 6th, 2010 @ 12:55pm CST
Rated X wrote:And are these prototype images or are you expected to paint them with your choice of colors ???

Prototype. The individual figures will probably be fully painted as they've shown a color CG representation of Blastoff already, and it wouldn't make sense to leave them grey. The combiner parts may end up largely grey if Superion was any indication, but hopefully they do more than the details.

Down_Shift wrote:I want my children to look like that some day.

It's a beautiful future.

UltraPrimal wrote:Needs more guns.

Indeed. :lol:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bumblebee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Bumblebee Roar and Rescue 100% Complete Rescan Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Blades the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Chase the Rescue Dinobot Roar 100% Complete Mini Dinos Rescue Bots Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction STRAFE Complete Deluxe Dinobot AOE" on EBAY
Buy "Jada 2016 Chevy Camaro BUMBLEBEE Transformers Diecast 1:32 scale" on EBAY
Buy "Rare Transformers Robots in Disguise 12" Titan Heroes Steeljaw Epic Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Hollywood Rides G1 Transformers Optimus Prime 1:32 Diecast Car NEW!" on EBAY