New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime

New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime

Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 9:15pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 34,052

Actoys member 52小洁 has posted new images of third party I-Gear PP-01 Faith Leader (Miniature Masterpiece Optimus Prime) as well Crystal Clear version varient - Miniature Optimus Prime PP-01C Clear Leader. While the figure is labelled as a 'Miniature Masterpiece', the figure still stands taller than a Voyager Class Figure.

PP-01 Faith Leader

PP-01C Clear Leader

You can view the original post from Actoys herel.

You can also view the I-Gear pre-order page for:
a) PP-01: http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?rou ... duct_id=52
b) PP-01C: http://shop.igeartoys.com/index.php?rou ... duct_id=59

Stay tuned to Seibertron.com, the Ultimate Resource for Transformers!

Credit(s): Actoys, I-Gear

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 16th, 2010 9:21pm CDT

Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055134)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on March 16th, 2010 @ 9:22pm CDT
3rd party companies really want to clear us out on the same months.

As much as I like this more in-scale MP Prime I've already preordered FansProjects upgrades and Springer. Bad timing iGear.

I notice there's no sculpted Autobot Symbol either. Yeah, didn't think they'd chance that.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055137)
Posted by Mkall on March 16th, 2010 @ 9:24pm CDT
Not interested. Make something new and creative, then we'll talk.

Thanks for playing!
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055140)
Posted by Burn on March 16th, 2010 @ 9:28pm CDT
Mkall wrote:Not interested. Make something new and creative, then we'll talk.

Thanks for playing!

Wasn't quite what I was going to say but the meaning was going to be the same.

Seriously, a miniture MP-Prime? meh.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055148)
Posted by Cliffjumper Prime on March 16th, 2010 @ 9:44pm CDT
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055157)
Posted by 1337W422102 on March 16th, 2010 @ 10:19pm CDT
Cliffjumper Prime wrote:Ok, I'm just gonna go ahead and say it... this is a KO! The only difference between this and any other resized KO is the attention to detail and overall quality. Yes it would be nice to have masterpiece prime in a scale closer to classics/universe, but this is just a glorified KO. nuff said.

Yeah, so? What's the problem with that? Do any of the KOs at the dollar store compare to this?

For those of us who would like a slightly smaller Prime to go with our Autobot forces, here's our chance. I imagine those who missed out on the 20th Primes/MP Convoys and/or don't want a figure that big might enjoy these, too.

I see the appeal of this. It's not for me, but that doesn't make it any less cool.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055160)
Posted by SoundwavePrime on March 16th, 2010 @ 11:00pm CDT
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055161)
Posted by Dread_Wing on March 16th, 2010 @ 11:13pm CDT
Surely this is a lawsuit waiting to happen. This is not some backstreet Chinese KO merchant here. I hope this does not end up hurting other 3rd party manufacturers. :-(
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055175)
Posted by Ravage XK on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:53am CDT
Its a copy!

Also, I don't like the head.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055176)
Posted by City Commander on March 17th, 2010 @ 2:57am CDT
Lookin' sexual. Now just attach a price just as nice and I'll have to decide whether to stand him next to MP Prime and the alts, or next to classics prime and the universe collection.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055179)
Posted by Burn on March 17th, 2010 @ 3:22am CDT
SoundwavePrime wrote:Should i get this guy or the the real mp optimus prime :-? i just cant dicide which is better

That's easy. Go the MP version.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055181)
Posted by City Commander on March 17th, 2010 @ 3:25am CDT
Burn wrote:

That's easy. Go the MP version.

Man you just gotta have the original no matter what. It's the original masterpiece!

While this miniature is excellent and a must buy for me at least, it doesn't beat owning the original beast in all his die-cast, chrome-y, one shall stand one shall fall goodness.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055186)
Posted by Torneira on March 17th, 2010 @ 4:13am CDT
There never can be too much Prime's.

KO or not, just because they don't have the license to make Transformers, doesn't mean that it's a piece of junk.

What if Takara did licensed them to make it. What then? Would it then be a lot of more cooler or more valuable?

I mean judging by the pictures the quality looks very good as well as the details.

And as for the size, I keep the original MP Prime in a glass enclosed case in my living room, where he can stand out all by himself.

As for the Miniature Prime, he could easily go upstairs along with the rest, where he can be among the Universe/Henkei Line. He will fit there perfectly.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055194)
Posted by GEEWUN on March 17th, 2010 @ 5:07am CDT
Actually I think regular masterpiece prime goes with classic figs, but this thing basically is a knock off. I am not getting it because my masterpiece prime has still not been shipped yet from this dude on ebay. (It has been two weeks now redscallop... HURRY UP)
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055206)
Posted by HighPrime on March 17th, 2010 @ 6:56am CDT
I have MP-1 and MP-4, but I'm picking up all 3 of these releases (faith, nemesis, clear), also. In fact, I already paid up :-) These will look great in scale with Grimlock, starscream, etc. Hopefully they are able to create a down-sized Megatron that's been rumored. I'm also hoping they can release an MP-2 with battle armor... man that would be great.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055207)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on March 17th, 2010 @ 7:01am CDT
Big pass for me.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055220)
Posted by Requiem Prime on March 17th, 2010 @ 7:53am CDT
Not bad.
Not bad at all.

But I want to hear a review first. Especially it's plastic quality. While impressed by their accuracy, I wasn't impressed with their auto-scout's construction.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055225)
Posted by HECTOR on March 17th, 2010 @ 8:26am CDT
Yeah if the quality is there then so am I. This is just what I wanted. Classics/Henkei Prime is real nice and all but just doesn't have that same G1 look. MP Grimlock and the Seekers proudly stand amongst my classics/universe figures. Their slightly smaller scale lets them fit right in and this slightly smaller Optimus would be perfect. Just have to wait and see how this develops. News of this figure has been out for some time now and still no word from Hasbro. I think they may be letting this slide.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055238)
Posted by SJ21 on March 17th, 2010 @ 9:27am CDT
He looks great. I don't think he fits into my collection though. Tooo small for the MP's and not the right look for the Classic/Universe shelf.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055242)
Posted by rpetras on March 17th, 2010 @ 9:35am CDT
I want this so bad I can taste it! =P~

I'm a total scale Nazi and this will fix a lot of issues I've had since Takara started making the smaller MPs.

It also fits great with classics, and it'll allow me to redo my shelves.
Re: New Images of I-Gear Miniature MP Optimus Prime (1055249)
Posted by --B-- on March 17th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
I like the new head/face. While it would be nice to stand next to my Alternators, I just can't justify 100 bucks while I already have both hasbro versions. Hopefully it sells well just to lead to other 3rd party items, but I have to pass on it.

Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Prime Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumble Spud Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - Back Spike Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ULTRA MAGNUS WEAPON GUN COMBINER WARS 2015 HASBRO Parts Pieces" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Hero Mashers Dinobot SLUG Mash-Up with Snarl Tail BX7" on EBAY
Buy "23879 TRANSFORMERS 30TH GENERATIONS AUTOBOT WHIRL HASBRO" on EBAY