New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller.

New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller.

Sunday, August 16th, 2009 5:37am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables, Knock Offs
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 31,422

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Real Devastator has alerted us that third party toy producer iGear has updated their blog again with more images of their upcoming TF004 and TF004-B trailers. Interestingly, the new images include our first look at the version of Roller that they plan to include with it. However, it appears that instead of giving us a totally new, unique version, theirs copies and up-sizes the version of Roller included with the Hybrid Style Convoy set, including the articulated wheels. Also of note, iGear has gone to the trouble of blurring out the Autobot symbols on the images of the trailers, perhaps thinking it can help avoid potential litigation by HasTak. Still no word yet on pricing though and when we can expect these to be released.







To view the updated blog post on iGear's site, click HERE

Credit(s): Real Devastator, iGear


This article was last modified on Sunday, August 16th, 2009 5:49am CDT

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (974903)
Posted by rpetras on August 16th, 2009 @ 9:17am CDT
Upscaling the HS trailer isn't a bad thing, It's a nice trailer!

But since I already have an upscaled G1 trailer, I think this is a skip for me.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (974967)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 16th, 2009 @ 11:23am CDT
Oh, I didn't know they talked big about their roller. Hah, oh, well.

To me, Roller is just a Prime accessory .... I can't say I care about it. Well, sometimes non-HasTak products can be like this too. Maybe lights and sounds would have made it too expencive.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975804)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 17th, 2009 @ 9:44am CDT
Preorders posted on BBTS:

IG-TF004B New Black Trailer For MP-01B
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=IGR10007&mode=retail

IG-TF004A New Original Color Trailer For MP-01
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=IGR10006&mode=retail
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975832)
Posted by El Duque on August 17th, 2009 @ 11:26am CDT
So that's the price huh? $110.00 a little rich for my blood, and my blood's pretty rich. I already have MP-04 whick obviously comes with a trailer, and I have the non-transforming Bestoys version paired up with Ultra Magnus. Still the black version is kind of temping to go with the upcoming black MP. Still need to know more about I-Gear's quality as well.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975896)
Posted by El Duque on August 17th, 2009 @ 1:00pm CDT
metaphorge wrote:As an aside, I get the distinct feeling you don't like the iGear folks very much, right, Venksta? You seem to spend a lot of effort trashing their work.

I wonder if anybody would be complaining if Takara had just upscaled the Hybrid Styler Roller and included it with MP-04....


Venksta is only pointing out the obvious. This is a blatant KO of the THS-02 trailer, all they did was up size it. Same goes for their mini MP-01, another blatant KO only this time down sized. No two was about it, they are KO's. The thing about most companies that produce KO's is that they do it quietly and try to stay under Has/Tak's radar. I-Gear on the other hand is right out in the open and even advertising their KO's. They are practically daring Has/Tak to take action. At least other third party companies like Fansproject, BTS, Impossibletoys, TFC, etc., only tread on Has/Tak's intellectual property with their add-on's and takes on characters. I'm all for third party companies getting in the mix and producing things that us fans want that Has/Tak doesn't offer. I'm even interested in I-Gear's mini MP-01 and this trailer, and if they produce a 1:1 scale mini MP-05 I'll be all over it. These are KO's though, no doubt about it.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975929)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 17th, 2009 @ 2:07pm CDT
Seibertron.com sponsor BBTS.com has posted new pre-orders and pricing information for both the TF004-A standard and TF004-B black MP Trailers. Each are listed for 109.99 and are expected sometime in February of next year.

To view the pre-orders, click the links below:

Standard Silver:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Nemesis Black:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975963)
Posted by ZenPrime on August 17th, 2009 @ 2:48pm CDT
I hope another 3rd party puts out a trailer for MP-01B and price it cheaper than the iGear one, $110 is somewhat steep for just the trailer/roller. But for now my preorders will stay, I don't want my MP Nemesis Prime to be trailer-less...
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (975966)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2009 @ 2:53pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Venksta is only pointing out the obvious. This is a blatant KO of the THS-02 trailer, all they did was up size it. Same goes for their mini MP-01, another blatant KO only this time down sized. No two was about it, they are KO's. The thing about most companies that produce KO's is that they do it quietly and try to stay under Has/Tak's radar. I-Gear on the other hand is right out in the open and even advertising their KO's. They are practically daring Has/Tak to take action. At least other third party companies like Fansproject, BTS, Impossibletoys, TFC, etc., only tread on Has/Tak's intellectual property with their add-on's and takes on characters. I'm all for third party companies getting in the mix and producing things that us fans want that Has/Tak doesn't offer. I'm even interested in I-Gear's mini MP-01 and this trailer, and if they produce a 1:1 scale mini MP-05 I'll be all over it. These are KO's though, no doubt about it.


I'm really hoping Hasbro figures out a way to take action. It seems like they could get the online retailers, at least the American ones, to stop selling these by cutting off their supply of official Hasbro products. I'm getting really tired of all of these unlicensed third party products (or knock offs, if you will). I'm especially starting to get tired of seeing all of this stuff posted on Seibertron.com. If I knew Hasbro's legal department was actively making an effort to get these products off the market, then I would make Seibertron.com follow suit. But since that's not happening, we're forced to report this stuff as news because, well, it's news still despite how I feel about this.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (976043)
Posted by Convotron on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
My main criticism of things like the TF004 and the mini Masterpiece OP is that when you create a product that is derived in design from an existing product, you're poking companies like Hasbro and Takara in the eye and asking to be a target. I understand that people want different scaled items but ultimately, it's a knock off.

As a fan and collector of Transformers, I admit that I love 3rd party products like the City Commander. It's because I get something from it that Hasbro and Takara will not provide.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (976048)
Posted by El Duque on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:26pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
El Duque wrote:Venksta is only pointing out the obvious. This is a blatant KO of the THS-02 trailer, all they did was up size it. Same goes for their mini MP-01, another blatant KO only this time down sized. No two was about it, they are KO's. The thing about most companies that produce KO's is that they do it quietly and try to stay under Has/Tak's radar. I-Gear on the other hand is right out in the open and even advertising their KO's. They are practically daring Has/Tak to take action. At least other third party companies like Fansproject, BTS, Impossibletoys, TFC, etc., only tread on Has/Tak's intellectual property with their add-on's and takes on characters. I'm all for third party companies getting in the mix and producing things that us fans want that Has/Tak doesn't offer. I'm even interested in I-Gear's mini MP-01 and this trailer, and if they produce a 1:1 scale mini MP-05 I'll be all over it. These are KO's though, no doubt about it.


I'm really hoping Hasbro figures out a way to take action. It seems like they could get the online retailers, at least the American ones, to stop selling these by cutting off their supply of official Hasbro products. I'm getting really tired of all of these unlicensed third party products (or knock offs, if you will). I'm especially starting to get tired of seeing all of this stuff posted on Seibertron.com. If I knew Hasbro's legal department was actively making an effort to get these products off the market, then I would make Seibertron.com follow suit. But since that's not happening, we're forced to report this stuff as news because, well, it's news still despite how I feel about this.


Obviously I know your stance on KO's by your previous comments, but what do you think about the other third party companies that design their own stuff? Fansproject for example, I assume you were a fan of CC since you did a gallery and he was even part of the front page banner for a while.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (976063)
Posted by Venksta on August 17th, 2009 @ 4:36pm CDT
El Duque wrote:
metaphorge wrote:As an aside, I get the distinct feeling you don't like the iGear folks very much, right, Venksta? You seem to spend a lot of effort trashing their work.

I wonder if anybody would be complaining if Takara had just upscaled the Hybrid Styler Roller and included it with MP-04....


Venksta is only pointing out the obvious. This is a blatant KO of the THS-02 trailer, all they did was up size it. Same goes for their mini MP-01, another blatant KO only this time down sized. No two was about it, they are KO's. The thing about most companies that produce KO's is that they do it quietly and try to stay under Has/Tak's radar. I-Gear on the other hand is right out in the open and even advertising their KO's. They are practically daring Has/Tak to take action. At least other third party companies like Fansproject, BTS, Impossibletoys, TFC, etc., only tread on Has/Tak's intellectual property with their add-on's and takes on characters. I'm all for third party companies getting in the mix and producing things that us fans want that Has/Tak doesn't offer. I'm even interested in I-Gear's mini MP-01 and this trailer, and if they produce a 1:1 scale mini MP-05 I'll be all over it. These are KO's though, no doubt about it.



In regards to Metaphorge's reply(since I can't find his original post with my name mentioned). I don't like the products iGear is putting out that is a blatant KO of Hasbro/Takara items. iGear has shown they can make their own designs. But since their jumping into the 3rd party spot light, so then instead of feeding fans something Hasbro/Takara have given us, in a smaller or bigger dish, it'd be better if the energy was spent on creating something entirely new. Like FansProject makes stuff that is based on Hasbro's character. But the designs are all brand new, something we have never seen or own. Impossible Toys is making figures now based off designs we've always wanted, which Hasbro has failed to give. TFC is making weapon addons to help complete a look for certain characters. All the groups I mentioned are doing something new, except for iGears. What I also don't like, is what El Duque pointed out. iGears isn't hiding in the shadows to make these KOs. Which is bad for the other groups, as iGears gets grouped with them. So if Hasbro or Takara decided to do something about them, the other groups would be effected. To be honest, I have given some respect to igears for other products. The MP Grimlock addon is great. That way, fans that own MP-08 won't have to buy the special edition just for the crown. And the bases are something fans have wanted, so its good they stepped up to take care of that. If they did more original stuff like those, then it would be great.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (976134)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on August 17th, 2009 @ 6:01pm CDT
I see no difference between this and the WSTF dinos or the WSTF Seekers and trailers. I liked those and this is something, in principal, that I like. Or City commander or the Quints for that matter (although it's a bit lazier in terms of ideas). It's just rather pricey.

I'm not concerned about this attracting the attention of HasTak. The 3rd parties already have their attention. It was never something that would last.
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (976519)
Posted by dragons on August 18th, 2009 @ 9:24am CDT
i was expecting the price would be in the 80 or 70 not hte 100 but ill get it someday not as preorder maybe on cleance or giftcard from bbts who knows
Re: New Images of iGear's TF004 Trailers with Roller. (977020)
Posted by rpetras on August 18th, 2009 @ 9:41pm CDT
I'll definitely get the Nemesis trailer, but I'm torn on the Prime trailer.

I have the G1 upscale, but this is really nice.

I put both on preorder, so I have time to decide. (:|

I may sell my current one, IDK. :???:

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Autobot Tailgate" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Quintus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Monxo and Wolfwire" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Starscream Figure Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
Twincast / Podcast #268:
"Call Me 2020"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Vortex Decepticon Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron 2012 Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDWAVE Figure (Blaster Black Version) Takara Tomy MP3 Player" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Starscream Masterpiece MP-3 Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LOT RHINOX SOUNDWAVE DOUBLEDEALER USA HASBRO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Jazware Zoteki Battle On Cybertron Rare Hot Toy Collectible" on EBAY