New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction

New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction

Friday, December 23rd, 2011 12:31pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 45,226

Third-party toy company Junkion Blacksmith have posted new images of their upcoming G1 Devastator upgrade set, JB-07 Power of Destruction, to their weibo page. The set includes:

• G1 cartoon style head
  • G1 animation style
  • Chest shield
  • Forearms and hands
  • Hips and thighs
  • Weapon
  • Green cement mixer drum

The set is scheduled to release January 2012, suggested retail price: RMB ¥ 160 yuan.

Credit(s): Junkion Blacksmith

Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326388)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 23rd, 2011 @ 12:34pm CST
Wow, I like it. I like it better than CrazyDevy even! And it like what a tenth the price?
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326389)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 23rd, 2011 @ 12:40pm CST
To be honest this looks better than the CrazyDevy Version plus this is a set of add on parts, the way I always wanted CrazyDevy to release it. Hopefully the quality of the parts is good as well. But no matter it's always a good show.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326391)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on December 23rd, 2011 @ 12:46pm CST
looks like junk. Waste is way too high. he looks like Erkle.

Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326392)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 23rd, 2011 @ 12:49pm CST

No wonder those jokers at CrazyDevy lowered their price.........simply too greedy #-o to get their bottom line too fast(I mean they could have also sold the parts as a set like this group)
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326396)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on December 23rd, 2011 @ 1:18pm CST
JRFitzpatrick7 wrote:Waste is way too high. he looks like Erkle.

I think the latter is due to the legs being to long well the thighs anyway, or because the Main body (Long Haul and Hook) Is short due to the original proportions. But think for a "sort-of KO but not really" of Devy for 20 dollars I think it's alright.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326406)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 23rd, 2011 @ 1:38pm CST
Oh man, I'm actually be interested in the encore set now.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326421)
Posted by datguy86 on December 23rd, 2011 @ 2:36pm CST
Totally buying two at that price. One for my G1 Devastator, and another for the G2 build. Junkion Blacksmith is quickly becoming a favorite company.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326422)
Posted by Dead Metal on December 23rd, 2011 @ 2:46pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:Okay, the price is in an acceptable range, around US$ 20.00+,but is the quality up to par?

Judging by the Predaking set, it's going to be on par with the original G1 toy quality.

I have to say, this looks really, really good. Almost makes me want a G1 Devastator.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326454)
Posted by dedcat on December 23rd, 2011 @ 5:50pm CST
So glad to see this set, as I can now pass on the XTransbots version of these parts. That is not a 3rd party company I care to do buisness with again.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326479)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on December 23rd, 2011 @ 7:29pm CST
dedcat wrote:That is not a 3rd party company I care to do buisness with again.

If you don't mind me asking, why not?

Also liking the look of this set myself, especially since the shield seems to be in just the right spot compared to the other two upgrade sets.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326492)
Posted by dedcat on December 23rd, 2011 @ 8:10pm CST
RE: Kung Fu Man

Mainly because of their low standards of quality. My X1 Glider 'not powerglide' had several QC issues and I've come to learn that these were shared by many others (large gaps, 2 right arms, etc...) It was also brought to my attention that XTransbots does not create their own goods, rather they 'copy' other existing 3rd party prodocts and re-sell them as their own. (a bit of a weak argument since 3rd party products already infinge on intelectual property, but apt nonetheless)
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326495)
Posted by unicron nemesis on December 23rd, 2011 @ 8:20pm CST
Interesting. Would have gotten either one of the upcoming Devy upgrades for the articulated hips/thighs but something just don't seem right with this version. Thighs are too long? Hmmm...But at this price, no harm getting one to fiddle with.

Clobbered together a comparison pic of the 3 upgrade kits:

JB Vs CD (the pic doesn't show the complete set though) Vs XTB (Sorry if you have to squint. The XTB pic I had was very low res)

It would seem JB's rifle's still kinda short. In fact, it looks more liks a pistol
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326504)
Posted by El Duque on December 23rd, 2011 @ 8:36pm CST
Thanks for the comparison images. X-Transbots cancelled, will wait for JB-07.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326523)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 23rd, 2011 @ 9:52pm CST
This set looks reall good and I think the animation model head looks excellent. But, I do agree that the proportions looks off.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326634)
Posted by noctorro on December 24th, 2011 @ 9:45am CST
unicron nemesis wrote:

First: Nice comparison pic, tnx.

I love the left one's anime head the best as well as the arms/chestplate.
But the center one has the waist/upperlegs I prefer.

If only they make that anime head for TFC Hercules, of course a little more detailed but the head they have now doesn't scream Devastator to me.
I'm a fan of the animation model :)
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1326679)
Posted by metaphorge on December 24th, 2011 @ 12:33pm CST
I've already got a set of CrazyDevy parts for my G1 Dev so I don't really need this, but this looks pretty nice (especially for the price), though I will agree the thighs are a bit too long for my liking.

The heads are especially nice.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1327475)
Posted by JaffleMaker on December 27th, 2011 @ 3:02am CST
So wanting a yellow set for my Eurostator. The Euro/Australian constructicons never had the parts back in the day. :-( And if JB follows through my robbed inner child can rejoice!!

Also woiuld be awesome if they made a connector for the hook figure to join with bonecrusher... Euro Devi was robbed of that too :(
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1327491)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 27th, 2011 @ 6:59am CST
unicron nemesis wrote:

Wait, there's a third upgrade set coming out? I just thought it was JBS's upgrade set when I first glanced at it. this is one seriousDevy loveathon we're going through here. :-?
noctorro wrote:I love the left one's anime head the best as well as the arms/chestplate.
But the center one has the waist/upperlegs I prefer.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1327492)
Posted by unicron nemesis on December 27th, 2011 @ 7:20am CST
cannonfodder4000 wrote:Actually the Devy in the middle doesn't have the Crazy Devy chest armor and forearms.

Yes I mentioned that in my post. Still searching for the forearms and have the chest wings on hand but didn't put that on as it comes without stickers. Too bland for me.
Re: New Images of Junkion Blacksmith's JB-07 Power of Destruction (1327538)
Posted by Bad Wolf on December 27th, 2011 @ 10:39am CST
that is just Prime :grin: now only if they would make a set in yellow for my G2 version :-?

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Darkmoon and Astrotrain" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers BLAST OFF and MEGATRONUS Amazon Exclusive Combiner Wars Prime" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Titans Return Wheelie Generations Legends Rare Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Onslaught Combaticons Leader Combiner Wars In Box" on EBAY
Buy "?? Transformers Titans Return Legends COSMOS & SEASPRAY figure Lot Authentic" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return TRYPTICON Factory Sealed MISB HASBRO" on EBAY