New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron

New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron

Sunday, June 6th, 2010 4:25pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 66,408

A handful of listings from a Wal*Mart Computer revealed that we'd be getting a Voyager Class Movie figure named Banzai-Tron. Reports came in after, revealing that Banzai-Tron would be a repaint of the popular Voyager Bludgeon. A new auction over at Taobao shows us more of Banzai-Tron, who has a color scheme very similar to the Generation One Action Master of the same name. Check out the images below.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Poptang at Taobao, TFINO.com

Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082872)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on June 6th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CDT
That alt-mode looks smashing! Sadly, the continued use of droopy-out-of-the-box plastic makes this guy, like Bludgeon, a non-get for me...
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082873)
Posted by Malicron on June 6th, 2010 @ 4:50pm CDT
Hmm, the mold doesn't really seem to fit him, does it?
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082876)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 6th, 2010 @ 5:01pm CDT
Interesting color scheme, but I already have Bludgeon and I dislike getting repaints, especially with such a distinct mold (although it does take cues from another Banzai-Tron, particularly the chest).

How'd they get the swords two-colored? I've found the long sword to be a bit stubborn when sheathing it into the gun barrel and when having Bludgeon hold it, so if it's paint on either part it'd probably get chipped or worn off too easily I'd imagine.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082878)
Posted by WolfDawg on June 6th, 2010 @ 5:06pm CDT
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082881)
Posted by Mkall on June 6th, 2010 @ 5:28pm CDT
He's cool, and I like him, though not as Banzai-Tron. Botcon B-Tron > This B-Tron
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082882)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 6th, 2010 @ 5:39pm CDT
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082888)
Posted by Mkall on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:00pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I love him... but come on. How hard is it for a new head? Huh? Just one lousy head.

Enough to make it unprofitable I suppose...
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082895)
Posted by Neurie on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:15pm CDT
For what is supposed to be another fan-gasm figure its pretty, well, bland colour wise.

As its the only version of the mold we are getting in Europe Im disapointed.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082899)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:26pm CDT
Mkall wrote:

Enough to make it unprofitable I suppose...

Sorry, don't buy it. I don't think I'll ever buy that, actually.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082902)
Posted by LiKwid on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:38pm CDT
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082903)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CDT
...Still looks better off as Bludgeon. :lol:
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082907)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:46pm CDT
Interesting. Although not officially so, kind of looks a bit G2, no? Needs a lot more green to fit the homage more though.

I'm actually pleasantly suprised by the dual-color swords. But like most, I won't be picking this up either. Looked better as Bludgeon and I have no affinity for the Banzai-Tron character.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082909)
Posted by Nekoman on June 6th, 2010 @ 6:50pm CDT
This is kind of growing on me, though new tooling would have been nice. He's only come out a few months after Bludgeon.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082930)
Posted by Kibble on June 6th, 2010 @ 8:43pm CDT
Coolest thing about this guy is he's sportin' the traditional Con symbol instead of the movie style.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082933)
Posted by UltraPrimal on June 6th, 2010 @ 8:48pm CDT
You know, I gotta admit, while it doesn't make a good Banzaitron(the BotCon one is still vastly superior IMO), they do make a great drone army for Bludgeon. An expensive drone army, but a really badass, expensive drone army.

Those boxes look familiar though. I can't quite remember where I've seen them before. Gift boxes, I think.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082967)
Posted by Rated X on June 6th, 2010 @ 10:41pm CDT
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1082981)
Posted by Rockdown on June 6th, 2010 @ 11:58pm CDT
WolfDawg wrote:I like the color scheme, but Botcon Bonzaitron is pretty perfect. I don't really see the need to get this figure. Maybe if voyagers go on sale or something...

My thoughts exactly.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1083091)
Posted by HighPrime on June 7th, 2010 @ 7:34am CDT
Rated X wrote:Wow, the colors are much better than Bludgon. Ill buy one and wont tell anybody his silly name (BANZI-TRON LMAO :grin: )

Completely agree about the colors. I like this scheme a lot more. Not that Bludgeon was bad, but there's more 'umph' in this one.

Perfectly good excuse to (again) pick up an already excellent mold :-)
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1083131)
Posted by DMSL on June 7th, 2010 @ 9:54am CDT
I think i'll sell my Bludgeon, as this looks way better.
Re: New Images of Movie Voyager Banzai-Tron (1084156)
Posted by Stockade on June 9th, 2010 @ 11:34am CDT
LiKwid wrote:No more multiple repaints for me... I realized when I was moving just how out of control my collection was..Going in so many different directions. I've decided to slim it down and swear off repaints unless they fall into the uber bad ass realm...

Likwid has the right idea, im slimming my collection down too, so only G1 re-issues, classics line or Gen-line, 3rd party stuff and Alternity line here and there for me.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY