New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features!

Transformers News: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features!

Friday, September 17th, 2010 8:59AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 80,160

Just a day after we brought you the first official images of the upcoming Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-09 Rodimus Convoy/Rodimus figure, we get an amazing new look at what we'll get in January. Thanks to a number of online, Japanese retailers, we can now clearly see what the January 2011 figure will look like in great detail in both Rodimus (Hot Rod) and Rodimus Convoy (Rodimus Prime) modes. And thanks to Otacute.com, we get our first in-depth look at all the features and gimmicks that show all the thought and engineering that has gone into creating this Masterpiece.

The special features include:

A flip-around head gimmick similar to the MP Seekers
Telescopic goggles that appear to slide down from his helmet
The Matrix of Leadership like the one included with MP Convoy/Prime
A large "leader" gun that be split into two smaller guns for Rodimus
Plasma welder and saw attachments for his arms
And amazing articulation for recreating some of the classic movie poses

All in all, this new Masterpiece figure looks like it will exceed fan expectations and be a very faithful rendition of the Rodimus character.

Please note that some of the images above are duplicates from our prior article but are larger and hi-res.
Credit(s): Amiami.jp, Amazon.co.jp, Otacute.com, Redmercury.co.jp

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125702)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
OH YES! Goggles, blade, AND Matrix! Wonderful! :D I'm actually grinning right now. Oh man, this could become my favorite TF. :)

I've been waiting for some high-quality pics too, so I can use them for my phone background.

Edit: Oh, no Hi-Res car mode? :(

Mykltron wrote:
Seibertron wrote:It looks like an awesome toy. I just wish they would've ditched the overly simplistic flame paint which has a ridiculous black border and the overly simplistic upper arms. I'm hoping Hasbro's version does it right.

You think they've taken cartoon accuracy too far?

I was going to say, it's pretty accurate to the cartoon, but I do agree they could've added more molded detail, at least.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125703)
Posted by Convotron on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:09am CDT
I'm very impressed by the articulation potential of MP Rodimus. It can be posed in what appears to be a proper kneeling position! The price is the only thing holding me back on this figure.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125705)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:12am CDT
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125707)
Posted by Cheetron on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:17am CDT

But I think I might be the only one who can't tell the difference between Hot Rod and Roddy in bot mode.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125708)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:17am CDT
DevastaTTor wrote:I agree that simplicity of this the flame details and mold are a bit too G1 for even me, but the engineering that went into creating this figure makes it worth the price of admission.

Definitely. I can't wait for this. I'm more excited about this than Protector, and that says a lot.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125709)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:18am CDT
so does this mean that we'll get a masterpiece Galvatron or Cyclonus...PLEASE O PLEASE O PLEASE...I promise to do all my homework, brush my teeth and clean all the dishes!!! :x =P~
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125712)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:28am CDT
Mega effin' awesome!
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125717)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:41am CDT
I have no problem with the paintjob whatsoever. Yeah, it's a bit simpler than the ones preceding it in the line, but it doesn't matter, it fits Rodimus. The price is a bit up there, and I do want to see what Hasbro comes up with to counter it, but I don't think it will stop me from buying this in January. I haven't spent that much on either Grimlock or Prime (the 2 MPs I own) but for Teh Rod, I won't mind shelling out the bucks. So worth it.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125722)
Posted by Stockade on September 17th, 2010 @ 9:48am CDT
I would love to have it, but baaad timing with Christmas around the corner for the family. Maybe after Christmas i can get it, but i have to wait on this one..
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125724)
Posted by Pyrostrata on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:00am CDT
Color me impressed. Very nice representation of the characters indeed.

Since Rodimus is one of my least favorite Autobots of all time, I will not be getting this.....but if you are a Rodimus fanboy, this piece is a requirement for you to own! The price-tag is steep, but with all the stuff involved with this figure, I can see it justified.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125729)
Posted by Heavy B on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:10am CDT
nice, its like 2 toys in one.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125736)
Posted by Jesterhead on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:22am CDT
Awesome! The Matrix, plasma welder, two guns for Hot Rod and buzz saw?! This MP just keeps getting better!
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125743)
Posted by DevastaTTor on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:31am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:Edit: Oh, no Hi-Res car mode? :(

Ooops, my bad.

Ask and you shall receive. (See above)
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125745)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:34am CDT
I'm so excited for this figure. After seeing all the accessories he comes with I feel like yelling like Windows in "Fanboys" after the girl flashes him in the car. "OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125749)
Posted by omega666 on September 17th, 2010 @ 10:40am CDT
Very cool! Looks like I'll be selling my Alternators version when I get this. :grin:
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125778)
Posted by LiKwid on September 17th, 2010 @ 11:59am CDT
So much awesomeness..Such a steep price...

Looks like FP might have some competition for my moneyz later this year
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125799)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 17th, 2010 @ 1:10pm CDT
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125800)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on September 17th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:If Hasbro is gonna release him without the trailer... wait, if I got both the Japanese and US versions just to have Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of having him transform between both forms? :-?

Not if you want to display him in robot and vehicle mode at the same time.
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125801)
Posted by krayziejones on September 17th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
Cheetron wrote:Rodimus has always been one of my favorite transformers and I think, baring quality, I'll get this one.

different face, height and gun
Re: New Images Of MP-09 Rodimus Convoy Including Features! (1125802)
Posted by monuo_ripts on September 17th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
Does anyone else notice that the way the car and trailer combine is backwards. If you look carefully, the back of the car mode is the front of the trailer mode. The front wheels of the "semi" have the round shoulders of hot rod, or the back wheels of the car. You just flip the back fin up, turn it around, and the trailer has a shell that comes down over the entire thing, making a false front of the "semi" mode.

It's an interesting design but I thing I would have liked it better if the car went in side the trailer more like the original. Still a win in my opinion.
Transformers products from AMAZON