New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint

New Images of Race Car  Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint

Sunday, March 27th, 2011 6:24pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 70,380

A new auction has appeared on eBay for the previously seen race car inspired repaint of Sidearm Sideswipe. At this point very little is known about this repaint. The auction list him as a "Memorial Exclusive in Japan", and iGear states the figure is limited to 1000 pieces. Check him out below.

Credit(s): eBay seller masuya, Jackson

This article was last modified on Sunday, March 27th, 2011 11:21pm CDT

Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200888)
Posted by PrymeStriker on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:36pm CDT
Awesome! He's based off of DOTM, so if I can find him in stores or online, he's MINE! :D
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200895)
Posted by Jetstorm92210 on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:48pm CDT
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200900)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:58pm CDT
put this on the new deluxe sideswipe in dotm and i will buy it
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200901)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:58pm CDT
Sometimes I buy figures like this for when I rock my blacklight. But usually wal-mart and target take care of that for me, no need to spend big bucks on one from Japan.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200903)
Posted by Poyguimogul on March 27th, 2011 @ 6:59pm CDT
LOL so the last figure to complete your Target EXCL RotF/HFTD set is a limited to 1000 exclusive (kinda gross, but at the same time oddly appealing)Sideswipe....

Weird & Cool... should come with a comic, telling the story of why these fools have these whack colors, and why barricade wants to be a chinese ko of prowl...
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200924)
Posted by Astronopolis on March 27th, 2011 @ 8:06pm CDT
this guy makes me really want a classics nightbeat
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200942)
Posted by Captziltoid on March 27th, 2011 @ 8:43pm CDT
man this dude is awesome. i really want him bad
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200979)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 27th, 2011 @ 10:42pm CDT
Doesn't say a single thing on the auction about this being NASCAR inspired.
If it doesn't list it as such, don't advertise it to the masses as something it's not. :-x
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200985)
Posted by El Duque on March 27th, 2011 @ 11:04pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Doesn't say a single thing on the auction about this being NASCAR inspired.

I suppose that was a bit of license on my part, but I don't think it's much of a stretch considering it's listed as a DOTM figure, he clearly has a "race car" theme, and there will be NASCAR's featured in DOTM. However, it you feel I mislead you I apologize, and can see where the title might cause some unwarranted excitement. I changed it to "Race Car Inspired".
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1200993)
Posted by El Duque on March 27th, 2011 @ 11:35pm CDT
Jetstorm9221 wrote:He is an exclusive in Japan?! Too bad, I really wanted that X-men Sideswipe :-( .

Keep in mind there has been no official word on exactly what this guy is. The seller has it listed as a Japanese exclusive, but there has been no confirmation.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201059)
Posted by rpetras on March 28th, 2011 @ 6:12am CDT
I really want this guy, but not for a hundred bucks.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201108)
Posted by ZenPrime on March 28th, 2011 @ 9:07am CDT
The paint app on it look "incomplete" in bot mode, the same reason I didn't get Human Alliance Stealth Sideswipe. Great paint app in alt mode but in bot mode it's two toned with the ugly gray.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201387)
Posted by Optimus1138 on March 28th, 2011 @ 3:56pm CDT
Too bad it looks like it won't be available in the US. Oh well, maybe Hasbro will give us some other good-looking version of Sidearm Sideswipe, like maybe a black one with silver stripes, similar to the Human Alliance repaint. I think the mould looks good, but I can't stand the ugly, cheap looking red flames, and I don't want to pay high prices for the Japanese movie accurate version.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201393)
Posted by alternator77 on March 28th, 2011 @ 4:01pm CDT
you know he could just pass for a fourth wrecker. all he needs is a few more guns
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201465)
Posted by Galvatron X on March 28th, 2011 @ 5:28pm CDT
Damn, that royal blue and canary yellow together are f**king UGLY.

Reminds me of that god-awful Bumblebee repaint that came in a 2-pack a few months ago.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201751)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on March 29th, 2011 @ 3:37am CDT
Nice. Still the best Sideswipe mold and the colors make me think of Nightbeat. I'd paint the guns black/silver though if I got it.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201798)
Posted by Stockade on March 29th, 2011 @ 6:34am CDT
He looks good, but i wish the guns were black or dark grey, instead of the "All-Spark" blue color.
Re: New Images of Race Car Inspired Sidearm Sideswipe Repaint (1201977)
Posted by Bonecrusher27 on March 29th, 2011 @ 11:11am CDT
Poyguimogul wrote:

I think what might be even more important is a comic that comes with DOTM Sideswipe, explaining why the DEVIL would the makers screw up a great character by screwing up his paintjob. Even the HFTD Sideswipe repaints had beautiful paintwork. I keep thinking I'm going to wake up and realise that colour we've seen is just the prototype, or maybe the character bio will explain how, in the DOTM movie, he fought a duel with Sandblastor... and LOST big time.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY