New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 11:19am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 28,194

An auction on Taobao would show us some new images of a possible packaging variant on the upcoming Revenge of The Fallen Scalpel figure. Unlike what we saw here, Scalpel is now facing outwards in his packaging. Could this be Takara's Scalpel, or perhaps a simple change on Hasbro's part? Keep checking for more updates.

New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant?

Credit(s): Taobao

Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920447)
Posted by Narc on May 12th, 2009 @ 12:21pm CDT
I think I'll pass.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920456)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 12th, 2009 @ 12:41pm CDT
Aesthetically, I think it was a good move changing his position mostly 'cause I wont have half his robo-bug ass staring me in the face while I'm sorting through the rest of figures to find Sideswipe.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920459)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on May 12th, 2009 @ 12:47pm CDT
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920494)
Posted by Nekoman on May 12th, 2009 @ 2:28pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:Now all we need is the other profile pic and we'll have a full set of police mugshot pics for this perp. Seriously, is this actually newsworthy cause I don't see this figure or it's packaging reaching any spectacular level of value on the collectors market in my lifetime.

Yes, it is newsworthy. MISB collectors (who don't care about the item's value) might be more interested in this than you.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920545)
Posted by Name_Violation on May 12th, 2009 @ 5:21pm CDT
Megatron_Wolf wrote:I cant think of any use for this figure. It looks like crap and theres no way to mod it to be any thing else so ill pass.

could mod it to be an assembely arm, like at a car manufacturer
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920547)
Posted by King Slick on May 12th, 2009 @ 5:24pm CDT
Last year Disney gave us a scrap collecting Johnny-5. This year Hasbro, and Paramount Pictures brings us...evil Johnny-5. (It should be notied that the original idea for Short Circuit was that Number 5 to have a Terminator attitude instead of being a wacked out robot)
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel: Packaging Variant? (920580)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 12th, 2009 @ 6:45pm CDT
Nekoman wrote:

I realize I let a lot more cynicism through than I probably should have in my statement. I guess what I should have said/asked was are these newer toys actually expected to hold or have anything in the way of value as compared to the toys of earlier generations? The toys of the first movie I can maybe understand and obviously G1 into the Beast Machines era. However, the last time I tried to take in a variety of TF's to the shop I usually sell to I was offered somewhere between jack and squat, and jack left the equation pretty damn quick. The guys selection of MISB figures is gathering dust pretty heavy and the value guides haven't exactly shown anything promising unless I want to ditch my G1 Devastator which isn't gonna happen til I'm forced to live out of my car.

I just don't see these new figures (anything from Energon to present) going down the same path as Star Wars collectibles. The market is just to flooded and the internet has taken the challenge and rarity out of everything mainstream. Folks are more excited about the trio of Japanese released mini-cons and other harder to acquire itmes. The rest of this is fodder for our kids as far as value goes.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBEATRON WFC-05 SCRAPFACE from Japan" on EBAY